Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#22865] How and where do I order a copy of a 1937 death record? HELP!!

Gjest Joan King
 Del

Gjest Joan King

My grandmother died in Mandal (Tregde) on April 14, 1937. I have been trying to contact the Statsarkivet i Kristiansand for information on how to order a copy of her death certificate for several days but have not received an answer.I have two questions: 1) Am I looking in the wrong place; and 2) would a death record tell me the cause of death?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Bjørnaas

It might take some time before you get an answer from statsarkivet in Kristiansand, especially at this time of year. But they surely will answer you. I think that the churchbook from 1937 is at the statsarkiv, but ofcourse that depends on what periode of time the book contains. If this churchbook is not there, it is still at the lokal church office. I think it varies a lot if the cause of death is mentioned.I hope you will find the information you are looking for. Good luck.Best regards Inger

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

The churchbook from Mandal with death/burials 19937 is not filmed yet. It might still be in the church (or its office).THis is the newest book filmed: 1903-1931 Born, marriages and deaths 1903-1931. Conf. 1903-1922.Another thing, we dont have 'death-certificates' as you do in the US, Joan, you will maybe get a copy of the record in the churchbook, or a transcription.Maybe a letter to the church will give you the answer?Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Fjeldsgård

JoanUsually the death sertificate doesn't give any cause of death.Because you are a near relative you may get informations, but for the moment i can't think where???

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva McKenna

Hi Joan,I have recently applied to see my grandfathers (my mothers fathers) death certificate to ascertain his cause of death.As there is an 80 year closure on personal information, you have to fullfill a few criteria to get access to this information.The procedure was as follows,I wrote to the appropriate archive, stating that I would like 'innsyn' into my grandfathers 'Dødsmelding' for medical reasons.I had to enclose1. My grandfathers details2. Copy of my mothers birth/christening certificate3. Copy of my parents marriage certificate4. Copy of my birth/christening certificate5. Copy of my marriage certificate6. Copy of my mothers death notice/ date of death. Had my mother been still alive, she would have had to write a letter of consent for me to look into her fathers cause of death.7. Last, but not least, the name and address of my medical practitioner.Statsarkivet will write directly to your doctor, who will tell you the cause of death!They will also return the copies of all your certificates.I wish you good luck!Regards, Eva

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva McKenna

We are now back from our sons wedding in England, and upon checking what I previously wrote, I found that the 'Dødsmelding' should in fact readLegeerklæring om dødsfall.These are to be found inMedisinske dødsmeldinger fra Statistisk Sentralbyrå, which are kept at the appropriate Statsarkiv.The details of what you have to provide, is as I wrote earlier.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.