Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#22885] Isak Britanius Andersen Mæland

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Perhaps someone can help me figure this out. I was tracing the children of Anders Johnsen Mæland and Andrine Isaksdatter Strand. They had a son, Isak Britanius, born 15 May 1866 at Kirkeide. At Mæland in 1900, I found Isak Mæland (b. 1866) married to Ragnhild (b. 1873 in Hornindal), with daughter Alfrid (b. April 1900).But I also found two emigration records:Isak B. Anderssen Kirkeide (b. 1866), unmarried, departed Bergen 15 May 1884Isak Bretannius Mæland (b. 1866), American citizen (no marital status shown), departed Bergen 26 April 1893 If he went to America and became a citizen, is it likely that he came back again after 1893, married Ragnhild and had a child, all by 1900? Or is the Isak at Mæland in 1900 a different person from the man who traveled to America? I'm relatively certain that the Isak who emigrated is the son of Anders & Andrine....Any feedback will be appreciated...Helsing Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

After I posted this, I found a marriage record for Isak & Ragnhild. It appears that the man who emigrated in 1884 is the same man who is at Mæland in 1900. What are the odds that there would be two men named Isak Britanius b. 1866 in Stryn? Sorry for the confusion...Helsing Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.