Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#22963] Need Bodø bygdebok lookup-Hanna/Hanne & John Bernt Iverson

Gjest Charly Moore
 Del

Gjest Charly Moore

I ned help. I have received US death certificates for John Bernt and Hannah Iverson. Her death certificate names her father as 'John Thorson' and her mother 'Unknown' Her son, Iver's, social security card application lists her maiden name as Hannah Thorson. I am not sure where Hannah/Hanne was born. Family rumor is Skavdal farm, but I did not find her on digitalarkivet.I need the parents names. The only solid leads I have: - Hanne Erika Torstensdr married John Bernt Iverson June 19, 1884 Bodø Landsogn, Nordland, Norway (LDS History Files) - Hannah Iverson's birthdate is 29 April 1864 (from death certificate). (John's birthdate is 13 March 1864; father Iver Jhonson) (from death certificate). Note: Mother is Lydia Antonsdtr Brun. [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f71804&brukar=&loc=0&spraak=n&postnr=372&next=10>LenkeHannah & John emigrated to the US approx June 17, 1886 Lenke (Hero 2 + possibly State of Alabama?) with children Lovise, and twins Lydia and Johanne (twins did not survive journey). Also brothers and Mother

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørn Davidsen

Here you have the Iver Johnsons family in ft1865:LenkeThis tell us that IJ was from 'Volden'; ie perhaps Volda in Møre & Romsdal.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

This link is to my G-G-Grandfather and his parents/sister. I am curious whether the sister is a twin or simply born the same year. His side has been fairly well documented in digitalarkivet...But my difficulty is in finding his wife, Hanna/Hannah/Hanne.The only concrete information I have is her birthdate, from her death certificate. She is illusive, and on very few documents, as no-one knew a maiden name for her -- and in the US, that's an important part of tracking.Thank you for you response...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tom Askerøi

This could explain the surname mix of both Johns- and Tostens-?LenkeJust a shot in the dark, but still???Otherwise I've seen birth dates being wrong in death sertificates before. I especially notice that she's 20 (while he's 21) when they emmigrate even though they're suposed to be born a month apart according to the death serticates.Though it didn't make it easier to find her in the cencus' either...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

Sorry, Tom -- Please try that again? the link didn't get through... All I got was:Kjelder ordna etter: | Type | Dåverande område | Dagens område | Same område | 1801 | 1865 | 1875 | 1900 | Siste 100 | SøkFeil parameter fornavn Framsida | English | Kontakt | Debatt | Kalkar | Ordlista | Nyttige lenker | HjelpSidan 23.1 1998: 36.744.193 sider. I dag: 32565. Søketid: 0,00 sekund.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tom Askerøi

Sorry bout the link (how did that happen) - here's another tryLenkeIt's still just a shot in the dark, but it could explain why she's called both Joh(a)nsdatter and Torstensdatter...?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

There are no words to say how much I appreciate kind strangers!I see what you mean. The way it seems to work in Norway, it could be an uncle or grandfather!!! (the same thing happened with her husband's sister, so verified his grandfather). ALL leads are important, and I've been saving it all:).I will add it to my 'Hanna' collection until I can get confirmations. She is a challenge, and that means there is something wonderful there to discover.Doing very well on the John side, thanks also to kind strangers!!Thank you for the effort. If you find anything else... forever grateful. Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tom Askerøi

Here's Lars Torstenson and his family in 1865:[url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f61817&variabel=0&postnr=1525&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeIf he is her grandfather the boys have wrong first names and Hermine is still unmarried in 1875. But Berit could have had an illegitimate child in 1865/66 as I can't find her in the 1875 cencus. That's possible, but I have doubts as (in my experience) they usually listed such children as 'datterdatter' (daughter of daughter) rather than fosterchild (though exceptions of course occur) and they usually remebered birth year for so young people - and this Hanna is listed as born in 1863.But there is a Johan Torson in the 1865 cencus who could explain the foster child status and the 'unknown mother'. It's of course another wild guess (but I can't find anybody else fitting):LenkeAnd here (I believe) he is in 1875 - still unmarried:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

Tom: I thank you not only for the information, but for a bit more of education on Norwegian ways and social issues.And if this is real, it's just another struggle through the Hannah Story.Thank you for your efforts...:) Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tom Askerøi

Family search has a Johan Brok Thoresen born (circa) 1850. Father: Tore Trondsen.If this is the same one, he finally got married 9 sept 1883 in Velvelstad, Nordland to Elise Marie Johannesdatter, and she's here in the 1865 cencus:LenkeThere's no Tore Trondsen in Nordland/Tjøtta in 1865 which could explain Johans infancy..It fits together very well. BUT...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

BUT... we never where our path starts until some little surprise shows us the way -- like turning on the light.I appreciate your imagination for what it might find for me... I know I couldn't do what you are doing...Signing off for the night... Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.