Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#23095] Bergen addresses

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Is there a way I can find an address in Bergen in 1900, if I have the numeric Address from 1875? For example: 24-12AHelsing Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks JohnI was trying to figure out what happened to Anders Antonsen Gjørven (b. 1857). I found him in 1875 Bergen, but not in 1900. I will try to insert the link to the 1875 record here.LenkeIn the 1875 Census, he is listed as Anders Anton Jørven. He is a 'Bøssemagerlerling'. Do you know what that means? Just curious. The address is 24-12a.Helsing Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John O. Svenning

Anders is learning to be a gunsmith. For some reason I am unable to find numbers higher than 21- I can therefore not convert 24-12a. Also unable to find Anders in 1900 as Gjørven, Jørven, Antonsen and Anthonsen, I checked the whole country. May be he emigrated? He is in his home at the farm Gjørven in Stryn as Anthonsen 1865. Sorry. Regards John.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

John, thanks for looking. I cound not find that he emigrated from Bergen. It's ok. I just noted his last known residence in my file. He's not a direct ancestor, so I can live with that!Yngve... Thank you for showing me how to use that chart. I doubt he is still living at the same address, but I thought it couldn't hurt to look.Helsing Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.