Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#23154] Please help find (bygdebok) information on GGgrandmother Hanna from Bodø

Gjest Charly Moore
 Del

Gjest Charly Moore

I have good information on husband's family, but am frustrated trying to find GGgrandmother. I need original Norwegian documents to find correct path to her lineage.Famly and non-family information do not match so I give only what I have found from more official sources.Hanna/Hanne/Hannah Iverson (married name) (possibly born Bodø). U.S. Certificate of Death gives birthdate as April 29, 1864 (according to her American-born daughter; may not match Norway records).Facts: Parents unknown; siblings unknown. Married John Bernt Iverson (probably in Bodø, maybe 1884); Norwegian-born children are Lovise, and twins Lydia and Johanne (probably born Bodø/Prestoya).Emigrated 1885, approx ages according to Emigranter fra Trondheim 1867-1930 Lenke John 21, Hanna 20, Lovise 11m, Lydia & Johanne 1m

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John O. Svenning

John Bernt Iversen married Hanna Erika Torstensdatter June 19th 1884 in Bodø landsogn. Regards John.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

John: Thank you.I see that information is also on the LDS site, but that's all there is.Now I need to go back to original Norwegian documents to find Hanna's parents, as family memories are vague and do not agree.Are you one who can look up bygdebok information for me?Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse K. Kristiansen

Here is the same family in 1875. Lenke The father has passed away, the two girls, Hanna and Anna are missing. I have tried to find this Hanna in 1875, but so far I haven't succeded.Best regards Åse Kr.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

I truly appreciate the help I am getting trying to find G-G-grandmother!But the hanna/anna link from 1865 I have seen -- the problem is, hanna is 5 years old when she should be about 1. Someone else found a hanna 'emilie' that is the right age...BUT I've been around and around so many times, with no real family information to confirm the digitalarkivet information.That's why I'm going to have to stop looking and see if someone will try to look her up in bygtebok information.Again, thank you... she is a real tough puzzle : ) Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Hi Charly!The farm NYSTAD where Torsten Hartvigsen, his wife Oline and their daughter Hanna lived, you will find in this part of the 'bygdebok':Bodin Bygdebok - bind II, del 4. Innstranda.I am sure someone will help you looking it up.Arnstein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

...and Hanna Emilie that you mentioned, must be the one living with her parents Hans Olae Pedersen and Marta Margrethe Eilertsdatter at the little farm Skjælbugt or Skjelbugten (cotter under Strømvik or Straumvika).STRAUMVIK can be found in this part of the 'bygdebok':BODIN BYGDEBOK - bind II, del 6. Saltstraumen - første bind (av 2).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

You're back! How was your... what do you call it in Norway... Vacation? Holiday?the site you sent me to see photos, was that your site? if so, do you have more to see?Someone helped me very much with John's Mother's line, some of them back to 1600! She also helped me know directions to go to look for John's father.But Hanna!!! Such a puzzle. I'm going in circles, finding the same information, either ages are wrong or I have nothing to confirm the information with.It would be useful to see the birth information of her 3 daughters, Lovise and twins Johanne and Lydia... Which book would I ask for help with for them? about 1864 and 1865.Her death certificate gave little information about her parents... Will I be able to find them through her marriage information (John Bernt Iverson 19 June 1884 Bodø Landsogn, Nordland)? What book would I ask for help with?also her birth -- she was supposed to be born in Bodø 29 April 1864... which book would I look there?Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Just try to get someone to look up the two farms mentioned, and I think that you will get the answer - while waiting, you may have a look at some information I just looked up (from Google - in English) about Saltstraumen where that Hanna Emilie was born: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

and Kjerringøy is where some of John Bernt's ancestors were from :)thanks for the tour... and more ideas.Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gisle Johnsen

Hi Charly,I have looked up the two farms that was suggested to you. Skjellbugta (II) under Straumsvik i Bodø: Hans Person and his second wife Marta Margreta Ellersdatter had 4 children. One of these were Hanna Emilie, b. 9th of Feb. 1865 ( called Emilie )and married to Hans Johansen in Vestvatn, Skjerstad. Tostenplassen in Nystad: Tosten Hartvigsen married Olina Dortea Olsdatter.They had several children: Johan Petter b.17.05.1859 ( emigrated to America 1886 ); Hanna Erika b. 29.04.1861; Anna Bergitte b. 17.09.1863; Theodor Andreas b. 27.08.1866 ( probably to America ); Leonhard Martin b. 22.01.1869; Marselius Bernhard b. 15.03.1871. Does any of these names ring a bell? Regards Gisle ( the boy from Bergen )

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

Gisle (how do I pronounce this in 'American' :-) I called you 'she' didn't I??? My apologies :) Someone called me 'he', which is why I sign off the way I do :) :) :) :) :)Hanna Erika's birth YEAR is off by 4, but the DATE is correct, according to her death certificate.I would ask -- please, please, for verification purposes -- if you will look to see if this is the SAME HANNA that Married John Bernt Iverson 19 Jun 1884???Would you also have time look to see if daughters Lovise, and twins Johanne and Lydia, are THIS HANNA'S CHILDREN? born 1884/1885?When they emigrated to america, 17 Jun 1885, Lovise was about 1, the twins tiny babies (they did not survive the voyage).If you would do this, we would all know -- finally -- how to trace Hanna's lineage.Would you be willing to keep helping me with my family? I wanted to ask you to help with Hanna, but you said you had things to do, and I didn't want to ask too much of a kind stranger... I cannot explain how grateful I am for your help!Charly-The-Girl in Bellingham, WA USA

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Liv-Inger Jørgensen

Her you find Hanna Tostensdatter, born 1861, in 1875. Lenke Her father is passed away, and she is provided for by A. Holm. Regards, Liv-Inger

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

If the date is correct, I think you have found your Hanna - she probably did not want to be older than her husband :). I am pretty sure that there is no other John Bernt Iversen in this area marrying a person named Hanna at this time (the same year their first baby was born). You may try to get someone to look up the church records the time/date they married (to verify the LDS-information). There will the name of her father be noticed. But it is not easy to get somebody to look up church records in Bodø landsogn - I have tried.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

As always, thank you not only for the information, but for helping me understand how things work. Sometimes things are simple, but from all the way over here, I don't want to assume and follow the wrong people.:-) Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gisle Johnsen

Hi Charly.It's not possible to get the information you asked for from the sources I have available. As Arnstein pointed out, the best way to proceed is to consult the church records. I do not have easy access to these, but maybe a kind soul will look them up for you. If not, then I can order the films through my local library an check it for you, but that is a lenghty process.Regards Gisle

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.