Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#23298] Lars Løcke

Gjest Reina Delpeut
 Del

Gjest Reina Delpeut

HelloI am looking for information about Lars Løcke (Laurits Lykke).Any information is welcome!He seems to have lived in Arendal around 1782. He was married to Sidsel Sophie Eyde in 1782.Does anyone know what happend to him? Where did he lived of died?Kind regardsReina Delpeut

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

I did not find Lars Løkke in the 1801 census, but I MAY have found his widow Sidsil Sophia Løkke, 43 years of age, living according to the census in poor conditions, not very far from Arendal. She has no children living with her LenkeI am sorry, I can't help you any further. Astrid

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

It also says her late husband was a 'procutor', which I suppose is a misspelling of procurator, meaning (at that time) a lawyer.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sølvi Arntzen

In the book 'Arendal Byes Historie' written by Frithjof Foss in 1893, it says that:Lauritz Løcke was a merchant and ship-owner in Arendal. Sidsel Sophie Christensdatter Eyde was born in 1750.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Reina Delpeut

Hi,Thanks for searching. I did never found this Sidsel Sophie Løkke before in the 1801 census! So this Laurits Løcke has been a merchant and shipowner. Interesting. Is it said where he has lived? Or where he came from? Can you tell what the name 'Løcke' could mean? regards, Reina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hansen

Hello Reina.In Familysearch i find:Laurits Lykke married with Sidsel Sophie Eyde 11 august 1782 in Arendal, Aust-Agder, Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Reina Delpeut

Hi,Yes, thank you, he was married in 1782. But I do not know what happened to them. I never found these people back. So I thought, may be there is more written in literature. But I do not read Norwegian and it is difficult to get norwegian books here in the Netherlands. So that's why I tried this forum. Thanks. regards Reina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

Løkke/Lykke is a fairly common family name in Norway, which may, I suppose, be of different origin.Løkke/Lykke is definitely a farm name or a part of a farm name, løkke/lykke then meaning a piece of land that has been 'fenced in' (an enclosure).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Reina Delpeut

Hi,Thanks for the explanation. I think most of Norwegian names might be of different origin and that's why it is always so difficult to say from where a person came from, unless it is very clear.This Sidsil Sophie Løkke in the 1801 census in østre moeland in tromøe, might be her. Maybe the age does not fit so well. Most of the times the ages are quite correct in the 1801 census. But it could be a misspelling. The word 'procurator' has also been misspelled. I am glad that relevant answers came out of this debate inlay.Is it known somehow that Lars Løcke had been a procurator?So I understand that it is unclear where Lars Løcke (Laurits Lykke) came from and where he has moved to. Whenever this Sidsil Løkke has been his wife and she is poor, he could have lost his ships (and money) too. Is this somehow possible to investigate? In the archives? Regards Reina Delpeut

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Reina Delpeut

Hi,Whenever, anybody has something more information about this Lars Løcke (Laurits Lykke) please do send a mail to the debate forum on my name.It is very difficult to find people back in Norway. Although the 1801 census is a wonderful instrument. But most of the time you are better off when ancestors have been 'farmers'. They are better to trace back than other people, who have lived in the cities. I have already bought microfiches from the churchbooks. But even in these churchbooks there is no Lars Løcke, except from his wedding and he was twice a sponsor, with other people, to whom the relationship have been unclear. Except from Salve Kallevig, who might have been a business-partner. Thanks for the answers. Kind regards Reina Delpeut

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.