Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#23314] Stryn Church Records

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Can anyone help me to solve a puzzle? I am trying to find the birth record for Erich Andersen Sunde (b. 1757-1761). He married Malene Hansdatter Tenden in 1783. Between 1784-1809, they had eight children at Dispen and Mæland. He died, 81 y.o. in 1838 at Mæland. I have found three possibilities:b. 1757 at Brixdal, parents-Anders Ellings. & Christi Johannesd.b. 1758 at Giørven, parents-Anders Erichs. & Berthe Colbensd.b. 1759 at Rustøen, parents-Anders Rasmus. & Anna Tostensd.I thought it was probably the second one, because of the name, but I found a marriage record for Anders Erichs. Gjørven in 1783, so I have ruled him out. Note: the other two were born out of wedlock.I will appreciate any assistance.Helsing Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

There might be a mistake in this version of the burial records [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=INNVIKDO&variabel=0&postnr=1761&fulle=true&spraak=n>Lenke According to the bygdebok, Erik was 87 when he died (easy to mix up 1 and 7 in reading old records) and should then be born about 1751-2. And the 1801 census gives his age to be 40!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Aase, for looking in the bygdebok. In the file (Baptisms in Innvik 1750-1815), there are only five records for Erich Andersen. The earliest one is Erich Andersen Brixdal (b. 1857). I am used to the variance in age from one record to the next. So, I was not surprised to see his age was 40 in 1801. I think that makes it more likely to be the one born in 1759. But that does not explain his age in the bygdebok.Yes, it is a mystery!Helsing Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

Patricia, I just took a look at the confirmation records. It started 1766, so if he was born 1751 or before, he will not be there.I found these: Erich Andersen Meresunde, 16 yo 1775 (could be yours?), Erich Andersen Giørven 16 yo 1775 (but you can forget him, he married another woman, as you already know), and Erich Andersen Brixdalen, 17 yo 1775 (Olden). I also found 'Erich Kirkejde fra Oplandet' 18 yo 1775.I also looked for other 'Andersen Sunde' in the marriage records, and found Ole in 1762. His wife is Synnøve Andersdtr Sunde at DA, but Antonsdtr in the original document. I didn't find any children.Finally, I checked the children of Erich Andersen and Malene Hansdtr to see the names of the 'fadder', but they were all listed as 'Ole Tenden', 'Birte Sunde' and so on, so I can't tell you whether there are Anderssons/daughters or not.Erich Anderson Rustøen 1759 is not at the confirmation list. COULD be Erich Anderson Meresunde?Sorry I didn't find the ultimate key to your problem..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

It is quite clear that Erich Andersen's age at death is written 81, not 87. That gives an approximate birth year of 1757.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Aase -- What a good detective you are! Adding Erich Kirkejde means one more possibility to exclude... just when I had ruled out all the others (with your help)!Still, I think it must be the Erich Andersen born at Rustøen in 1759. He is the only one of the original three that is not accounted for. And certainly, the confirmation record you found for Erich Andersen Meresunde has to be 'my guy'.So, the question remains -- are the Erich Andersen born at Rustøen and the one confirmed at Meresunde the same person?Since his parents were not married, I thought he might have lived with one of his parents, so I tried to trace them. Here is something interesting…Anders Rasmussen Rustøen married Berta Colbensd. Sunde in 1765. I don't think they had any children.In 1801 at Sunde Meer -- I found Anders Rasmussen (age 64), widowed after first marriage.Innvik burial records show Anders Rasmussen, age 82, died 1810 at Sunde.I could not find a burial record for Brithe Colbensdatter at Sunde or Rustøen, but I did find a probate record for her at Mersunde, 1781-1785.So, I think this all points to 'my guy' being the Erich Andersen born at Rustøen. There are only two small problems.1) The ages for Anders do not match. The Anders at Sunde Meer in 1801 was 64 (b. about 1737). The Anders who died in 1810 was 82 (b. about 1728). Is it possible that one of these two ages is off by 10 years?2) In the 1801 Census, Anders Rasmussen is 'konens broder'. I believe they are referring to Brithe Rasmusdatter (age 53), married to Peder Jensen. According to their marriage record, Brithe was from Fure and was not married before.Tracing Erich's mother was even more difficult. I found two marriage records:Anna Tostensdtr Gredong married Iver Peders. Tryggestad (Sigdestad?) in 1770.Iver Peders. died (age 75) at Sigdestad in 1775.Anna Tostensdtr Øvreberg (enke) married Peder Gunders. Hofrenning in 1785.In 1801 at Berg Øvre, Peder Gunders. (age 46) is married to Anna ERICHSD. (age 68). It is her second marriage and his first. I can't explain the name change for Anna. The only burial record I could find was for Anna Erichsd. (age 78), who died 1805 at Øvreberg.So, why did the marriage record show her as Anna Tostensdatter? Anyway, there seems to be no connection to Sunde…I am so confused!Thank you again, Aase, for all your kind assistance…Helsing Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

As Anders Rasmussen Rustøen married Brite Colbeinsdtr Sunde (also called Mersunde, which means 'Big Sunde') before Erik Anderson's confirmation, this really makes sense! I have seen this several times - the illegitimate child listed with it's father's farm name by the confirmation, even if it did not live there!But the term 'konens broder' of course is a problem.I will go to the library once more, maybe tomorrow? and take a look at the Anna Tostensdtr problem.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Aase...You are generous to devote so much time to this. Please, don't spend any more time on Anna Tostensdtr. Mainly, I wanted to confirm Erich Andersen's birth date, which I think we have done. Do you agree that it's likely he is the same Erich born at Rustøen?He is a relative by marriage only, so I don't need to trace his family back.Again, thank you for all your help!Helsing Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.