Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#23370] looking for ancestors from Norway

Gjest Michael Foster
 Del

Gjest Michael Foster

I am looking for any info on Karl R. Jenssen and his family. I know most migrated to the USA and homesteaded in Montana. They are my wife's ancestors. here is the family according to the 1865 census -LenkeIf anyone has any info on any of the family members here i would love to hear it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hi Michael.It is written Karl L and his father`s name is Kristian R in the Census 1865. (you have wrote Karl R.....) Did 'your' Karl go with his family, or alone when he was older?Greetings from Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torunn C Ludvigsen

Hello Michael!I think you have to provide any information you have on this family. If you have more, of course...Things like, how did you find them in the census in 1865, why do you belive this is 'your' family? Do you know when they emigrated from Norway? Do you find them in any censuses in America?I have tried to find them in the 1875 census in Norway, and I can not find them there.I have tried to search the emigrant database at Digitalarkivet, but can not find anyone there either ( I have searched the Trondheim emigrant database)Regards, Torunn C

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Michael Foster

yes it was a typo sorry. from what i gather from reading and talking to family members, the whole family migrated around 1872.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Michael Foster

i was directed to the 1865 census from another fanily member. i know this is the family from the family records i have here in Montana. not much about Kristian Jenssen in the USA but I can find all kinds of stuff with Karl and his brothers. just found out they emegrated some where around 1872 and came into boston. from there they were in Illinois then Story, Iowa. an 1880 census shows them in Story, Iowa.Fell free to contact me via email at michelob@montanasky.netthanks for the help!Michael

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Seems to be Christian Rask Jensen born 13.09.1828, bapt 14.09.1828 Tranøy. Parents Jens Johan Olsen and Christen Rask Olsdatter (FamilySearch). We may be sharing some ancestors (Rask/Rasch).Look at the 1865 census Lenke , and you will find his mother (married a second time?).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Michael Foster

thanks for the much appreciated info! i am interested in the 'rask' name. i am not familiar with this name so can you tell me more about it? please email me with more on this name. what it is, where its from, the connection with the 'rasch' name? again, thank for the info.Michael Foster

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.