Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#23477] Nyqvist family in Hurdal, Akershus

Gjest Robert Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert Evensen

I am tracing my family with the name Nyqvist in Hurdal. My gggrandfather, Petter Nyqvist (born 1767) was from Eidsvold, but other family members may have been from Hurdal. Their origins are probably in Sweden. Any information on the name Nyqvist in Norway will be appreciated.Robert L. Evensen Cambridge, MA USA

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

Do you have his patronymikon name?father's given name added sen, (Lars sen, Olsen, Pettersen)? Churchbooks in Hurdal before 1777 has burned. Do you have any more facts? Wife, children?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Hei Hans, I have so little information. Petter had at least one daughter, my gggrandmother, Anne Sophie Pettersdatter Nyqvist, born 13 May 1821 in Eidsvold. The name Nyqvist is not common at that time, so I'm interested in Nyqvist's in Hurdal. Petter worked in the Eidsvoll Værk and then in the Froland Værk, so I wondered if he or his family worked in the Hurdal Glassworks? I have no patronymic names, but I've found in Sweden the names Pettersen Nyqvist and Gustavsen Nyqvist. I do not know if either is relevant.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Gunn Huglen

Hello! On 1865 cencus on RHD I can only find one Anne Sophie Pedersdatter b. 1820.You said that her father Petter worked at Froland Værk. The lady her is born at Froland. Lenke I am not able to help with your family at the moment, but I can do a little more searching. Gunn Huglen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Thank you Gunn. I appreciate your searching for Nyqvists. He may be a relation. I wish I knew when the family emigrated from Sweden to Norway. I assume this happened as Nyqvist is a Swedish name. Do you know if there is a bygdebok for Nittedal?Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunn Huglen

You can try T. nr. 22930. There you will find an answer from Tore H. Vigerust. There is a link to his Web.s. with information of Swedish em. to Norway. Gunn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Thanks so much for your help. I may have to contact Tore Vigerust, to lead me in the right direction. Unfortunately my grandparents never taught me Norwegian, so I'm limited in what I can do myself. Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øystein Brennsæter

I don't think Petter Nyquist in no. 8 is the right one. Serch for Petter Erlandson on FS and you wiil see he died in 1769 only 5 years old.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne Minken

I don´t think the Nyqvists in Hurdal had any near connection to your Petter Nyqvist. The first Nyqvist came to Hurdal glassworks in 1840 from Sölje glassworks, Stavnäs in Värmland, Sweden. This was the glassblower Johan Nyqvist with wife and one child. The family returned to Sweden i 1848. Then, in 1851,came two brothers and a sister of Johan Nyqvist - Carl (born 1826), Gustaf (born 1833) and Stina Ulla (born 1836). Carl and Stina Ulla stayed on in Norway. In 1865 you can find them at Hadeland glassworks in Jevnaker.The parents of this sibling group were Gustav Nyqvist and Caisa Jonsdotter, living in Stavnäs in Värmland and married there in 1815. Gustav Nyqvist vas a blacksmith, probably working at Sölje ironworks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Thank you Anne. This is most useful information. I know there was another Nyqvist in Eidsvold in 1809. Jonas Nyqvist and his wife Kristine Eriksdatter had a daughter, Berte born 13 May 1809. I am trying to see if he may be a brother or relative to Petter Nyqvist who is cited as being in Eidsvold in 1820 and has a daughter, Anne Sophie Pettersdatter Nyqvist in 1821. Any information on Nyqvist during this period is appreciated. Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

This is wonderful, Anne. Thank you for finding it. I will try and get a copy of the book or CD. I know that Jonas Nyqvist was a blacksmith, so Petter Nyqvist may have also been one. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your assistance. Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 år senere...
Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Tusen takk Trond!This is interesting news. Now I know he was in Eidsvold as early as 1810. I wonder if the records will show any other workers with the name Nyqvist? Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore S. Falch

The couple mentioned in post #14 above, Jonas Nyquist and Kristine Eriksdatter, also had a child born out of wedlock in 1806, baptized Nov.23rd that year in Eidsvoll - see page 11 here - Lenke.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Tore,Tusen takk for hjelpen me. Now I know that there were Nyqvists in Eidsvold as early as 1806. This is just about the time that they may have left Sweden. So, Eidsvold Werk appears to have been their destination.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 år senere...
Gjest Trond Øivindsson Lunde

I have found Petter in the parish record for Sillerud, Värmland. He moved to Norway in July 1807, togheter with Anders Olsson Silstrøm who also came to Eidsvoll. Petters profession was hammersmeddmester AD Online. Sillerud C 9, 1797-1822, page 223In the Sillerud census 1807-13 (page 347) they lived at Karlsfors bruk It says Petter born 1770, wife Anna Varnberg 1764, children: Johannes 1797, Stina 1793, Johanna 1794, Anna Cajsa 1800 and Gustaf 1804. All moved to Norway 1807

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The census for Sillerud 1793-1800 says Peter was born in Elgå, Arvika parish 1770 and Anna in Gunnarskog parish 1764

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Elgå (Âlgå) parish record C 4, 1748-1793, page 132. Peter, born 11th and baptised 13th July 1769. Parents Gustav Jonasson Nyqvist and Katrina Jonsdotter

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

This is very interesting. If it is true that Anne Sofie's father is Petter Nyquist born 11 Jul 1769 in Ålgå, what happened to his wife Anna Varnberg and five children? In Froland he is married to a woman named Marthe Olsen and there is only his daughter Anne Sofie Nyquist born 1821 recorded in Froland documents. Anna Varnberg must have died and something happened to all the children. Perhaps they took the name Pettersen instead of Nyquist.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
 Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.