Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#23787] Family History Search for Christian Anderson ROGNLIEN

Gjest Deborah Ronglien
 Del

Gjest Deborah Ronglien

I am looking for information for our great grandfather Christian Anderson. We believe he was born in 1864 or 1865 in Norway and emmigrated to USA approx. 1877-1880.We have most documents from 1890 to present including: Death Cert-1864-1943. We are searching for his place of birth and parents names and Naturalization/Citizenship papers. Here is what we know: 1900 US Census lists him as: Christ Rognlien born Norway, June 1865. Imm. 1879. He married Annie Dietz (b. Denmark) in 1889. They had four children- Eddy, Alfred, Mable and Agnes. He changed his name from Anderson to Rognlin/Rognlien after 1880. Could he be from a farm named ROGNLIEN in Norway? Could he have been an orphan? He did not seem to know his parents names on any document. In the 1880 Digitalarkivet: Norwegians living in Minnesota he is listed: 7036 Christian Anderson, age 16 farm laborer in Kragero, Chippewa, Minnesota. He worked on the farm of A. Ole Johnson (b. Norway 1843) Listed on the 1880 US Census (Family History Library Film 1254617 NA Film # T9-0617 pg. 343B) After marriage,he settled in Swift Co. Hegbert Township. We have land records of his farm. It was recommended that we search here from NORWAY LOOKUP-lnormann@c2i.net Laila. Thank you for your help. We hope someone recognizes this name. Sincerely, Deborah K.Ronglien

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Fyi, the link above is to the Norwegian 1865-census.It shows one 'Kristian Andersen', born ca 1863 in Gausdal parish, Oppland.Farmname is Ronglien.Listed together with him is his parents Anders Pedersen & Anne Larsdatter and his 4 siblings. Also listed is his grand-father Peder Andersen (Anders Pedersen's father).Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

This is a long shot but this *could* be his mother, father and married sister Karen Lenke They are all in the same family group.The chances increase if you can locate Appleton in your area of interest.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Runar Juvang

My 1st whife was born Rognlien, and I know a lot of Rognliens from Hurdal. But i cant find Christian Anderson. Ill try to look harder and let you know if i find him. But i have a Debby Rognlien from Wisc USA. One of yours ?? Runar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Runar Juvang

I think i have found him - well, a bit of him. The book 'Folket i Rognlia fra 1693' by Eivin Rognlien tell us about a man Kristian Andersen. He could be born i USA, but not sure. He was married to Tilla Gundersen, and have one known daugther Alma. The father of Kristian (dont know his mother) was Anders Nielsen, died in USA ab 1878. After the dead of both his mother and father? Kristian and his sister Maria lived with their grand-uncle Martin Evensen Rognlien in USA. Maria stayed in Wisc but Kristian went to North Dakota. Kristians father, Anders was reported unmarried in 1865 and the owner of Roa. Later he went to usa, but died shortly after - and it seems so did his unknown wife (or at least the mother of Kristian)kristians sister Maria, married to Lars Moe, had one son Alfred.I hope uyou understand my poor english, and if this turns out to be the right Kristian just mail me runar@juvang.no and i have a lots ofgrand grands......Runar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

Deborah, you are of course free to start new topics but when starting a new about the same person Lenke it is polity to give a reference to this earlier topic.As you will see in the new topic people have used energy to find the same info as given here instead of adding new.Have you any comments to what has been found? (Press the pencil after the last entry to do this.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Deborah Ronglien

Ref. # 23787 Thank you! Yes I think this could be our man! Kristian Andersen-Gausdal 1863. This is of particular interest because Appleton was mentioned. Would this be Appleton, Minnesota or Appleton, Wisconsin? He settled on a farm near Appleton ,MN. A note regarding John O. Svenning's comments: It looks as if all of Kristians family emigrated except himself. Why was he the only one not listed? I am curious to know what year-1882? Could he have emigrated earlier? How would I get that document? We think he may have been here working on a farm in 1880 (Census) for A. Ole Johnson of Kragero Chippewa Co. How would I obtain a birth certificate, Christening record and Emigration Records for him from Gausdal? Thanks! Deborah K. Ronglien

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

The emigrant list in (4) doesn't say if it's Appleton, MN or Appleton, Wis...The database contains 127 records of destination 'Appleton'. 105 says just 'Appleton', 16 says 'Appleton, MN' and 6 says 'Appleton, Wis.'Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

... or 159 including Appelton which probably is a norvenglish version.14 of these came from Gausdal and I might even have found Kristian in 1883 (?) LenkeIf this is your man he might still have been in US before.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Deborah Ronglien

Yes, this 1883 entry could be him. How would I find out if he was in the USA before this? Some of our relatives say he may have emigrated in 1877-1979. Also, if this Kristian's family came in 1882,would it be likely that they would have changed thier names from Andersen to Ronglien as well. I can't seem to find them in our US Census or Death Records for Minnesota.I was wondering what names to search for his parents and siblings. Thanks you for your continued efforts! We are so close! Deborah Ronglien

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.