Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#23982] Parents of Lars Olson Rindahl or Rindal

Gjest Verlyn D. Anderson
 Del

Gjest Verlyn D. Anderson

Ole Larsen Rindahl (in the U.S.), son of Lars Olson Rindahl (or Rindal) and Olea Rice (in the U.S.), Faaberg congregation, was born on 23/08/1845 and emigrated with his parents to the U.S. in 1858. Who were his grandparents? We assume that they did not emigrate. Also, what are the birthdates of his parents, Lars and Olea?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Hello! Ole Larsen, born on August 23rd 1845, is the son of Lars Olsen and Olea Thomasdatter. Since Lars Olsen and Ole Larsen are quite common names even in Faberg, I'm not sure who are Ole Larsen's (1845) grandparents on his father's side.However, Olea Thomasdatter, was born on January 29th 1813, daughter of Thomas Hansen Riise and Randi Jonsdatter Rindal ([url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=faabdaap&variabel=0&postnr=7304&fulle=true&spraak=n>Lenke). Thomas and Randi got married in Fåberg in 1807 (Lenke).I have not been able to find where Thomas Hansen came from. According to FamilySearch (LDS) there is one Thomas Hansen born in 1780 in Gausdal, Oppland, but I'm not sure if this is the wright person. Randi Jonsdatter, his wife, lived at the Rindal farm in 1801, daughter of Jon Iversen and Synnøve (Sønnøv) Olsdatter (Lenke). According to FamilySearch Jon Iversen and Synnøve Olsdatter got married in Fåberg in 1779, and Randi Jonsdatter was born on October 15th 1786.Church records from Fåberg (Faaberg),Oppland may be found on the Digital Archives (baptized, married), so you may look there for further information (

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Hallo! Forgive me, I've made some unforgivable mistakes by spelling the following words wrong, when it should be baptised (not baptized) and right (not wright). Sincerely, Grethe Flood.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Hallo again! Since the name of Olea's father is not written Thomas, but Thomes, I made a new search for him in the 1801 census on the Digital Archives. And at Prestegården (written Prestegaarden, since Danish was the official written language in Norway at this time) in Fåberg I've found Thomes Hansen, 27 years old, 'tjenestefolk', born about 1784 (Lenke).May be this is the later husband of Randi Jonsdatter...God night, Grethe

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

Thomes Hansen Riise married to Randi Jonsdatter Rindal must have been married before. You will find a Thomes Hansen Holen married to Guro Henningsdatter Riise on jan 07, 1803. And you will find the death of Quinde (married woman) Guro Henningsdatter Rise, 52 years, on the 26. aug. 1805. Goro Henningsdatter too was a widow: she married Eric Pedersen Rise on Feb. 18th 1780, and gave birth to 6 children. Erich Pedersen Rise died March 29th, 1800.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Verlyn D. Anderson

Thanks to both Grethe and Per for this valuable genealogical information. I am researching this family for a friend of mine. This extended family has scattered to many parts of the U.S., but we have managed to assemble the information on the American descendants. The above information now connects them with their Norwegian 'roots.' Tusen takk!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.