Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#24286] Gunder Sem Olsen from vestfold area

Gjest Stefan Gagnon
 Del

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

Seeking information about Gunder Sem Olsen from Tonsberg or in the same area. He was the son of Olaus Olsen and Inger Marie Jacobdatter or Jacobsen from Tonsberg. He sail with a vessel starting his Journey to Norway around 1885-1887 and crossed the Ocean to jump the boat in about 1889-1890 and lived untill 1914. He was a master in canada, and he perished dround beside his boat in Lévis, Québec city.Stef from cold Québec !P.S. Canada with 30 000 000 and United State are 300 000 000 ,all english peoples. But in Québec, Canada , there is 7 000 000 peoples talking french.Ancestors came from europe in 1600 and after.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per B. Lilje

This is the right person: LenkeIn S. H. Unneberg: 'Nøtterøy', 1971, page 1065, it says about the house Seheim devided off from the farm Mellom (middle) Sem in 1884: This parcel was sold before 1876 for 100 speciedalers to ship master Olaus Olsen. He was born 1834 in Kjølelund, died 1907 in Oslo. Married 1863 with Inger Marie Jacobsen from Øvre (upper) Sem, born 1838 in Oterbekk, died 1926 in Oslo. Children: 1. Gunder Sem, born 1866 at Østre Oterbekk, ship master, married to Antonia Dallaire, lived in Canada. 2. Gunda Andrea, born 1867, married to Wilhelm Nielsen, see Rønningen (farm # 98). 3. Elen Andrea, born 1870, married 1898 to railroad employee Einar Neumann Pedersen, Oslo. 4. Olaus, born 1873 at Sem, ship mate, died in shipwreck 1904 near Fredrikstad. 5. Olaf Lindahl, born 1875, shop worker, married 1902 to Signe Nielsen, lived in Oslo. 6. Inga Marie, born 1877, died 1962, married first time with NN Isaksen, 2nd time Frantz Wahlstrøm, lived in Oslo. 7. Arthur, born 1879, ship mate, married 1917 with Helga Nordstrøm, lived in Oslo. 8. Olga Sofie, born 1882, died 1953, married 1917 with baker Ulf Strøm, Oslo. The family moved before 1900 to Oslo, where Olsen was a shopkeeper, after some years they moved back to Nøtterøy where they lieved at Bugården, but moved back again to Oslo.Except from Oslo, all mentioned names are farm names from the eastern side of the island Nøtterøy. The three Sem farms are on and around a hill about 1 km SE of Nøtterøy church. I am not able to find Olaus Olsens parents, but Inger Marie was the oldest child of ship master and ship owner Gunder A. Jacobsen (1814-1879) and his wife Elen Andrea Christensdatter (1814-1884). Gunder A. Jacobsen was among the more wealthy people on the island of Nøtterøy. Generally it seems that Gunder came from the upper class of ship owners and skippers (combined with ownership of farms) on the island of Nøtterøy that was quite distinct from the ordinary seamen making up the common people.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

This morning i did receive a letter from Statsarkivet and it contain seamen rolls about Gunder Olsen . The problem is that I can't understand every thing on that paper. Is there anybody who can help me? PLEASE ! Stef

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tom Askerøi

If you say what you don't understand I guess there's lot of people here willing to help.If it's a reading problem, scan it, start a new debate and enclose it as 'picture'. Again I think there's lot of willing helpers here.I'm so exited. Do you see the other names?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.