Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#24303] Johannes Jacobsen Skøien - Aker to Enebakk, 1787- 1821

Gjest Robert Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert Evensen

I am trying to find in the Enebakk bygdebok the family of Johannes Jacobsen Skøien, born 14 Oct 1787 in Aker, Akershus. He marries Maren Andersdatter 09 Jan 1808 in Enebakk. Maren is born in Enebakk. They both die in Enebakk. They have six known children Jens Jacob Julius Johansen, Elen Karine, Carl Andreas, Martin Nicoly August, Gunhild Karine and Christine Magdelene, all born in Enebakk. This information is from Family Search. How can I find their farm name and continue tracing the family?Mvh, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Is this ”your” Johannes Jacobsen, 1801 census for Aker (written Agger, because Danish was the official written language in Norway)? [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f10218&variabel=0&postnr=2108&fulle=true&spraak=e>Lenke.Johannes Jacobsen is the eldest son of Jacob Jonsen and his second wife Elen Engebretsdatter LenkeAccording to FamilySearch Jacob Jonsen Skøyen was born in november 1735, son of Jon Johannesen and Anne Jacobsdatter, who according to FS got married in 1731. Jon Johannesen is born about 1708 or 1712, and also the FS (it is important to remember that FS is not always correct) has different years of his death/burial: about 1760 Lenke and june 1783 Lenke. The FS (IGI) also contains one “Jahn Johannesen”, who dies in june 1783, spouce unavailable, but telling that his parents are Johannes Jansen and Ingeborg Olsen Lenke. It might be that these deaths/burials refers to the same person. It’s a possibility that Ingeborg Olsen is Jon Johannesens mother, since Johannes Jacobsen Skøyen’s younger sister is called Ingeborg Maria (see the 1801 census).In FS (IGI) I’ve found Johannes Jansen, born about 1640, married to Ingeborg Olsen, death on the 20th of August 1741 (101 years old!!?) LenkeJacob Jonsen got married to his first wife Karen (Kari) Carlsdatter in 1760 Lenke. Karen Carlsdatter must have died before 1785/1786, because Jakob Jonsen got married to Elen in 1786.Jacob Jonsens eldest son, and Johannes Jacobsen’s half brother, Carl Jacobsen, was born in 1773, Lenke, and his confirmation was in 1787, the same year as Johannes Jacobsen was born Lenke According to FS they had two sons also called Carl, born in 1761 and 1766, but they died respectively in 1761 and 1768.I regret to inform you that I haven’t got access to the local history book (bygdebok) for Enebakk. However, I’ve looked up all births/christenings of Johannes Jacobsen’s children in FamilySearch. I’ve tried to look up some more information, both in FamilySearch and in the census of 1865. In FS I’ve found Carl Andreas Johannesen, son of Johannes Jacobsen, who got married 1837, Lier, Buskerud to Anne Dorthea Johansdatter Lenke If this is the correct Carl Andreas and if he gets children, who are born i Lier, I’ve found that Buskerud Genealogical Society (Buskerud slektshistorielag) is making transcriptions of church records in Buskerud (Lier and so on). More information may be found here

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

On the internet (http://www.ager.no/Sorkedalen/Historie.htm) I’ve found this information:29.januar 1762 solgte Halvor Haagensen Blindern halve Svartorsæter til Jon Johannesen Skøyen og Johannes Jonsen Skøyen.(On 29th of January 1762 Halvor Haagensen Blindern sold the half of Svartosæter to Jon Johannesen Skøyen and Johannes Jonsen Skøyen).Grethe F.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Hei Grethe! Tusen takk. This is new information for me. I was told that Joen Johannesen was born 1708, and his parents were Johannes Hansen Schøyen and Marthe Jacobsdatter. I unfortunately cannot verify this. I was hoping to find more information in Enebakk, but the family may have moved perhaps to Lier. I will follow this lead. Thanks again. Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Hallo Robert! I could well be that your information is correct and that FS is wrong!!! Never rely on FS until the information has been chequed in litterature or even better, in original source material! I want to inform you that this year Finn Holden released his book about farms in Aker that today are situated in Oslo called “Akerårder i Oslo ([url="http://www.grorudbok.no/Akergaarder.php>http://www.grorudbok.no/Akergaarder.php). In 1948 Aker became a part of Oslo, because the capitol of Norway was in a desperate need of areas for building new houses. But some of the old farms are still lying here and I and my family live close to one of them.Since Finn Holden has studied this topic (farms in Aker) for a long time, his book might be of interest for you. Finn Holden is the leader of Vinderen Historielag and on their homepage you will find his e-mail address (http://www.vinderen.historielag.org/).The Genealogical Society of Norway DIS (original Norwegian name: “DIS-Norge”) http://www.disnorge.no/whoarewe.htm has established local units (lokallag), and DIS- Oslo/Akershus might be of interest for you http://www.dis-norge.no/osloaker/ (I’ve only found Norwegian language). If you know the name of the farm in Enebakk where Johannes Jacobsen lived, it might be that the Genealogists Database of DIS-Norge gives information on a person or persons who is/are working with this special farm. Here is a survey of farms in Enebakk in this database. You just choose the farm and then you get the person or the persons who is / who are registrated on that farm (

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torkel R. Bråthen

You might have this information before, but:Ungkar (bachelor) 'Johannes Jacobsen Schøyen' married January 9th 1808 the young girl Maren Andreasd Lunde i Enebakk prestegård. They got engaged November 29th 1807. (Enebakk kirkebok 4, s. 265).Mark Marens patronymicon - Andreasd! It is also written like that when they baptise their first son Jens Jacob Julius February 28th 1808 and thir daughter Elen Karine May 18th 1810 (Enebakk kirkebok 4, s. 12 and 23).Regarding the marriage record: Johannes might be living at the farm Skøyen in Enebakk upon the marriage, but it Skøyen kan also be his surname from the farm Skøyen in Aker. There is no place calles Lunde in Enebakk, so Marens surname might also be a surname. The couples 'best men' and the witnesses at the baptisms are noble and rich people in Enebakk (Aars, Hansen and Oppegaard), so Johannes and Maren might be from a higher class...At the baptism 1808 the couple were staying at Klokkerud, a place under Enebakk prestegård. Enebakk bygdebok doesn't mention any of this family there.In 1810 the family is staying at Ødegården, also under Enebakk prestegård, and Enebakk bygdebok (vol II, s. 131) list: --- Johannes Jacobsen, g m Maren Andersd, var husm. da disse barna ble født: Martin Nicolai (August?) f 1815, August? f 1815, Gunhild Karine f 1815, Christine Magdalene f 1821. ---The book doesn't say where they moved after 1821, and doesn't mention the baptism 1810.I hope this will help you along... Just realised myself how difficult it is to write about this in English... :-)Torkel

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

I agree with everything Torkel writes. These people must be related in some way to 'the upper class' in Enebakk.I found Carl Andreas born Sept. 24th 1812. The parents were then living at Ødegaarden, so they moved from Klokkerud to Ødegaarden sometimes between Febr.1810 and Sept.1812. Both places are under Enebakk Prestegaard.In Familysearch I found this child:Christopher Albert, christened Oct.17th 1823 i Lier. Parents: Johannes Jakobsen og Maren Andreasdatter.I don't know if these parents are the same people as those in Enebakk, but I think it's possible, especially since Grethe found Carl Andreas marrying there.Hilsen Laila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torkel R. Bråthen

I didnt read through before I posted it here. A lot of misspellings...I just want to modify this sentence:'Regarding the marriage record: Johannes might be living at the farm Skøyen in Enebakk upon the marriage, but Skøyen can also be a familyname based on for example the farm Skøyen in Aker. There is no place calles Lunde in Enebakk, so Marens surname Lunde might also be her familyname.'For the record: The family was staying at Ødegården already when Elen Karina was baptised 1810.Torkel

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

Oops! I did a mistake, too! It was the first child, Jens Jacob Julius, that was born at Klokkerud:From the churchbook:Enebakk kirkebok nr. 4, mikrofilmkort 1/6, døpte kirkeåret1807/08 nr. 10, Bapt. Febr. 28th 1808: Jens Jacob Julius, parents: Johannes Jacobsen og Maren Andreasd. Klokkerud under Præstegaarden. Witnesses: Frue Aars, Mad.me Aars, Hr. Lieutn. v. Aars, Hr. Secretaire N. Aars og Jomfrue Cecilie Hansen ??? Hr. Hansen.So they moved to Ødegaarden after Febr. 1808.Laila.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Tusen takk Laila og Torkil!You both have provided a lot of new information for me. Thank you so much. I suspected that the family only lived in Enebakk for a short period of time. I have no idea where they moved. My ancestor Jens Jacob Julius Johannesen Skøien went to Kongsberg. Perhaps other members followed him. Lier is not a place I suspected. I will search there. I am very curious about the family's relationship to 'upper class' families in Enebakk. It must be through Maren Andreasdatter Lunde. I don't think my family had any higher class status.Your English is excellent. Oh, how I wish I knew Norwegian!Hilsen, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nils Aksel Horvei

A link from Enebakk to Lier could possibly be through some relation with the vicar Jens Aars in Enebakk 1806 to 1817 and at Frogner prestegård in Lier 1821 to his death in 1834. During the intervening years Jens Aars was vicar in Hadsel in Nordland. Note that Jens Aars in 1808 named a son Niels Fredrik _Julius_. In 1834 the son became 'res. kap.' at Sylling in Lier. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Thanks Nils Aksel! I have yet to figure out how the family is related to the Aars family of Enebakk, who appear to participate in marriage and baptism ceremonies. Perhaps if I knew more about the Aars, I might find Maren Andreasdatter Lunde.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

I've seen the book I mentioned about Akergårder written by Finn Holden. This book do not give any genealogical information on Skøyen in Aker. But an older book by Henning Sollied gives such information, and I'll very soon try to give a kind of translation in English, and supply this information with other information that I've found both i FS and on the internet. I hope to give you some information during this weekend, unless someone else will be there before me...You mentioned that Jens Julius went to Kongsberg. Do you have more information about him?Grethe

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Grethe,This is the information on have on Jens Jakob Julius Johansen Skøien.JENS JAKOB JULIUS JOHANSEN5 SKØIEN (JOHANNES JACOBSEN4, JACOB JOENSEN3, JOEN2 JOHANNESEN, JOHANNES HANSEN1 SCHØYEN) was born 28 February 1808 in Enebak, Akershus, Norway, and died 09 April 1871 in Kongsberg, Norway. He married (1) ELSE PEDERSDATTER 14 November 1829 in Kongsberg, Norway. She was born 1807 in Kongsberg, Norway, and died 18 November 1831 in Kongsberg, Norway. He married (2) HENRICA HENRIKSDATTER GRUE 14 March 1835 in Kongsberg, Norway, daughter of HEINRICH GRUE and DORTHE GRAATEN. She was born 10 March 1813 in Kongsberg, Norway, and died 27 January 1872 in Kongsberg, Norway. Children of JENS SKØIEN and ELSE PEDERSDATTER are: i. MAREN JACOBSDATTER6 SKØIEN, b. 07 October 1829, Kongsberg, Norway. ii. MAREN DORTHE JACOBSDATTER SKØIEN, b. 07 September 1831, Kongsberg, Norway. Children of JENS SKØIEN and HENRICA GRUE are: 7. iii. ELSE MARIE JACOBSDATTER6 SKØIEN, b. 04 January 1834, Kongsberg, Norway; d. 29 March 1905, Kongsberg, Norway. 8. iv. MAREN JACOBSDATTER SKØIEN, b. 08 January 1836, Kongsberg, Norway; d. Aft. 1900, Drammen, Norway. v. JOHANNES JACOBSEN SKØIEN, b. 1838, Kongsberg, Norway; d. 25 April 1838, Kongsberg, Norway. vi. ELLEN DORTHEA JACOBSDATTER SKØIEN, b. 02 June 1839, Kongsberg, Norway; d. 05 February 1844, Kongsberg, Norway. vii. DORTHEA JACOBSDATTER SKØIEN, b. 1841, Kongsberg, Norway; d. 28 March 1841, Kongsberg, Norway. 9. viii. JOHANNES JACOBSEN SKØIEN, b. 15 July 1842, Kongsberg, Norway; d. Aft. 1900, Drammen, Norway. 10. ix. ELEN DORTHEA JACOBSDATTER SKØIEN, b. 30 September 1844, Kongsberg, Norway; d. Aft. 1900, Christiana, Norway. 11. x. OTTEA JACOBSDATTER SKØIEN, b. 18 December 1846, Kongsberg, Norway; d. Drammen, Norway. xi. NINA JACOBSDATTER SKØIEN, b. 02 May 1848, Kongsberg, Norway; d. 24 September 1866, Kongsberg, Norway. xii. UNKNOWN JACOBSDATTER SKØIEN, b. 26 July 1851, Kongsberg, Norway; d. 26 July 1851, Kongsberg, Norway. xiii. UNKNOWN JACOBSDATTER SKØIEN, b. 23 August 1855, Kongsberg, Norway; d. 23 August 1855, Kongsberg, Norway. xiv. UNKNOWN JACOBSDATTER SKØIEN, b. 31 July 1858, Kongsberg, Norway; d. 31 July 1858, Kongsberg, Norway.I just do not have any information on his siblings or his mother, Maren Andreasdatter Lunde.Hilsen, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Hei,My cousin Einar Fred Løsnes sent me the names of the sponsors of the children of Jens Jakob Julius Johansen Skøien. Is this any help finding the family in Enebakk?Jakob Julius Johansen SkøienSponsors: Prest Aars, Madme Aars, hr. Lieutenant Aars, N. Aars og Jomfru Cecilie Hansen, Lieutenant Hansen.Elen Karine Johansdatter SkøienSponsors: Præst Aars og Kone, Lieutenant Hansen, Hr. Hansen og Madame Oppegaard.Carl Andreas Johansen SkøienSponsors: Mad. Oppegaard, Hr. Hansen, Jf. Holmsen, ?Dfr. M. Oppegaard Hansen.Martin Nicolay August Johansen SkøienSponsors: Madme Aars, hr. Holmsen, hr. Hansen, hr. Oppegaard, Jfr. Hartvig.Gunhild Karine Johannesdatter SkøienSponsors: Madme Hansen, Mad. Oppegaard, h. Reslie, h. Onstad, ?Lægt. Nannestad.Christine Magdalene Johannesdatter SkøienSponsors: Madam Hansen på Østeboll og Jomfru Hansine Andersdatter, Præsten Aars, Politimester Temme og Peder Ristad.Christopher Albert Johannesen SkøienSponsors: None.Hilsen,Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Hello Robert!Here is the information that I promised you: The genealogical story of the farm Skøyen in Aker is quite complicated. According to deed dated September 5th 1697, Anne Jacobsdatter Falber sold the farm Søndre Skøyen (Southern Skøyen) to her son-in-law, Jørgen Paulsen (Neumann), who two years later also bought Nordre Skøyen (Northern Skøyen) from the royal crown. I 1710 both farms were sold to Jacob Jonsen Skøyen. Before he died, Jacob Jonsen gave the one half of Søndre Skøyen to his grandchildren Jon Johannesen Skøyen, Hans Johannesen Hoff and Ambjørg Johannesdatter, who was married to Nikolai Volkmannsen. The partents of Jacob Jonsens grandchildren, Johannes Hansen Skøyen and Marte Jacobsdatter (Jacob Jonsen’s daughter) confirmed the arrangement, but in 1738 Jon Johannesen received the parts of his siblings.The other half of Søndre Skøyen seems Johannes Hansen to have inherited from his father-in-law, because he sold this half to his youngest son, Hans Johannesen Hoff, in 1736, who then the sold it to his brother-in-law, Nikolai Volmannsen. However, this part must have been returned to its original owner, Johannes Hansen, because in 1744 he also left this part to his three childern, and in 1752 Jon Johannesen received the parts of his siblings, and then became owner of the whole farm.A short time after, the farm once again was divided, because Jon Johannesen must have transferred the first half that he received to his eldest son, Johannes Jonsen Skøyen, who owned the half when he died in 1772. In 1773 his half was diveded between the widow Marte Carlsdatter and the three children. In the 1801 census you find Carl Johannesen living on Skøyen with his wife, children and his mother, the widow Marte Carlsdatter [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f10218&variabel=0&postnr=2063&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeAs mentioned above, Jørgen Paulsen bought Nordre Skøyen in 1697, and after this death, both this farm and Søndre Skøyen, was bought by Jacob Jonsen Skøyen in 1710. After his death, the farm was taken over by his son-in-law, Johannes Hansen Skøyen, who, according to deed of 1735, transferred the farm to his three children Jon, Hans and Ambjørg. According to deed of 1738 Hans Johannesen Hoff and Nikolai Volkmannsen (married to Ambjørg) sold their halfs to their brother and brother-in-law, Jon Johannesen Skøyen, who then by deed of 1758 sold the half to his son, Jacob Jonsen Skøyen (the younger brother of Johannes Jonsen Søndre Skøyen). The other half was out of probate after the death of Jon Johannesen’s first wife, Anne Jacobsdatter, in 1745, divided between the widower and the children, and by a “underrettsdom” (sentence by a lower court) dated August 11th 1775, the widow of the eldest son, Johannes Jonsen Skøyen, and the children became 2 ½ “lispund” (= 9,36 kilos), while Jacob Jonsen Skøyen also became 2 ½ lispund and the father kept 5 lispund to himself. The last mentioned part was out of probate after the death of Jon Johannesen’s second wife, Dorte Evensdatter, divided between the three children from this second marriage. An to make a long story a bit shorter: In 1791 Jacob Jonsen Skøyen was owner of the whole farm Nordre Skøyen.According to deed dated October 30th 1798 Jacob Jonsen then tranferred the farm to his eldest son, Carl Jacobsen Skøyen. In the 1801 census Jacob Jonsen is still living, but according to deed of 1803 it the widow Marte Nilsdatter bought the farm from the children of Carl Jacobsen Skøyen. Marte had been married to Carl’s brother, Jon Jacobsen Skøyen (Jon and Carl were the sons of Jacob Jonsen and his first wife Karen Carlsdatter), and Marte’s second husbond was Hans Nilsen.Jacob Jonsen’s first wife was Karen Carlsdatter, and she was the daughter of Carl (Karl) Kristensen and Anne Evensdatter, and the parents of Karl Kristensen was Kristen Jensen and Karen Karlsdatter from the farm Voksen in Vestre Aker. It would take so much time to translate the whole text telling about Karen’s ancestry, so give you the link with the text in Norwegian. Look at the chapter “Voksen (1426-)” where you will find the names mentioned above

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

This is certainly a complete miss, but in the 1801 census for Kongsberg I found Anders Jensen-Lunde and his family. He is 52 years old, and married to Elen Kirstine Bruun. The problem is that there are only to children mentioned, and I have not been able to find any information in FS. We don’t even know if he had a daughter called Maren, but what made it quite special, was that his first name was Anders (Maren’s patronymic is both Andreasdatter and Andersdatter), his patronymic was Jensen (Jens Jacob Julius) and that his surname was Lunde, - and of course, the fact that he lives in Kongsberg, where Jens Jacob Julius settled later on.. LenkeHowever, I only thought that I would mention it.Grethe

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Hei Grethe! What can I say? You have been so wonderful to go to all this work for me. I could never have found this. Everyone concerned with the Digitalarkviet provides such help to us Norwegian-Americans. I am truly appreciative.Tusen takk,Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Found in FS:1) MAREN CHATHRINE ANDERSEN [url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/igi/individual_record.asp?recid=500219365705&lds=1&region=12&regionfriendly=&juris1=&juris2=&juris3=&juris4=&regionfriendly=&juris1friendly=&juris2friendly=&juris3friendly=&juris4friendly=>Lenke The problem is that I found a Maren Karine Andersen who got married in Bragernes). However, what is quite interesting with this one, is that the name of the father is Anders Lunde and mother’s name is Gunhild Karin, - one of Johannes Jacobsen’s daughters was called Gunhild Karine...But once again, everything is very uncertain.and2) Maren Andreasen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Found in FS: Else Marie Jacobsdatter, born 1834, Kongsberg [url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/vr/individual_record.asp?recid=29860381&lds=4&region=12&regionfriendly=Norway&juris1=&juris2=&juris3=&juris4=&regionfriendly=&juris1friendly=&juris2friendly=&juris3friendly=&juris4friendly=>LenkeMaren Jacobsdatter, born 1836, Kongsberg LenkeMarriage Jacob Johannesen and Henrikka Henriksdatter, Kongsberg 1835:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.