Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#24463] seamen roll num.1

Gjest Stefan Gagnon
 Del

Gjest Berit Knudsen

The top printed line from left:0)--- 1)Discharged or departured--- 2)Signed on---3)Discharged or departured--- 4)Time at sea/or on ship?---5)Notes, comments.Next line: 0) To...1)date-where...2)date-ship-from-to...3)date-where...4)abroad-domestic...5) .Then the handwriting starts under these headings or boxes.Maybe someone else who knows the terms at sea can make a better translation. By using the numbers I have tried to draw a picture.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I will try the first line:0) ? 1) 6/7 83 - Frstad(Fredrikstad) 2) 13/7 83 - Neptunus - Horten - Skotl (Scotland) 3) 5/9 83 - Tønsberg 4) 28 /28.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Afmønstret eller afgaaet: signed off (from ship)Datum: DateHvor: Where...Paamønstret: signed on (to ship)Datum: DateSkib: ShipFra: FromTil: To...Afmønstret eller afgaaet: signed off (from ship)Datum: DateHvor: Where...Fartstid: sea service/ sea dutyUdenrigsfart: foreign/overseas tradeIndenrigsfart: coasting trade (Norway)Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

The last boat Gunder Olsen been aboard is Europa. I don't know if it's a bark, but it might be the same one Hendry/Henrick/Henry/Harry Robertsen jumped out. Stef

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tom Askerøi

Sorry, Stef, the last boat was something like 'Tofsdal' or 'Topsdal' which goal was Europe. This ship he left in Risør, Norway on 3. june 1891.This doesn't fit your story of three men jumping a ship together in Canada. (Where does that story come from, anyway? - what's the source?)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pål W. Martinussen

This is only second page of the roll. The scan of the first page is on 24465. He didn`t sign off 'Topdal' in Risør June 3rd 1891. He signed off 'Topdal' in Buenos Ayres Sept. 9th, 1890. He then signed on 'Nathanael' in B. Ayres (See other page) Nov. 12th 1890 and signed off i Risør June 3rd, 1891.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pål W. Martinussen

Discovered something. Look on the second last line on this page. Here you find the last ship he signed on at July 1st, 1891. I`m not able to read the name, but he signed on in Tønsberg for Antwerp and there is no information abt signing off.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tom Askerøi

Yess. The '..ketor' (could it be Victor again?) second last line looks like indicating something. The word at the right - could it be 'smed' (meaning 'stakk av' - 'ran off') ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pål W. Martinussen

The last 4 recordings has this remarks. It looks to me like Stmd and 2. stmd. Could be short for Styrmand and 2. styrmand, in english mate and 2. mate (navigator), telling what job he had onboad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

the first apearance for Robertsen is 20 July 1891, while he signed the Tadoussac census. He mentionned he was 23 and tell his mother and father are both from norway,but didn't tell which town he came from. He said he was sailor,nothing else.P.S. About the fact they jump out the boat,it was just a family story. When I did find Olsen family that still live here in Tadoussac,they told exactly the same story with some differance about the exact place and year. The difference between the story is not enought important to me. The important thing is that they jump the ship they were working on.Stef

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

If Gunder never came back from his last journey, maybe he emigrated (together with Henry) from Antwerpen i Belgium?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

I've already ordered papers about Robertsen for Tonberg area and others.I'm waitins for some info but I received a letter from STATSARKIVET I KONGSBERG and they have nothing about Hendry Robertsen/Henrick. I'm still waiting for Hansen/Robertsen from Tune.Stef

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Interesting, according to the New York passenger lists 1889:-----Gnder OlsenArrival Date: 21 Mar 1889Age: 23Gender: MalePort of Departure: Antwerp, BelgiumDestination: New YorkPlace of Origin: NorwayShip Name: BelgenlandPort of Arrival: New YorkNativity: NorwayLine: 33Microfilm Roll: 530List Number: 311Occupation: sailor-----

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pål W. Martinussen

According the roll this Gunder Olsen signed on the 'Artemis' 23/8-88 (theme 24465) and signed off 6/5-89 in New York.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Who knows?-----Name: Henr HansenArrival Date: 01 Apr 1889Age: 23Gender: MalePort of Departure: Liverpool, England and Queenstown, EnglandDestination: New YorkShip Name: AuraniaPort of Arrival: New YorkNativity: NorwayLine: 21Microfilm Roll: 531List Number: 366

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.