Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#24561] Ole Haraldsen Klevkaas and Thone Olsdtr Moen

Gjest Susan Halverson/Craft
 Del

Ole and Thone are my great great grandparents. Their Daughter Aaste was my great grandmother. Aaste and her husband Torbjorn Halvorson came to America in 1883 with three children.I understand that it is forbidden to give out information about living relatives. Is there any way that a person can hope to find living relatives? I do not wish to offend anyone or disturb anyones privacy.Thank you Susan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Cathrine, I am not sure. The fields for information were blank. Thone Olsdatter MOEN was born June 14,1812 at MOEN, Hitterdal and married Ole Haraldsen Klevkaas who was born Nov.26,1809 KLEVKAAS, Hitterdal. I think that they moved to LIA because my great grandmother Aaste was born on LIA and I have in my records that Ole died at LIA. Aaste's siblings were Harald 1838, Harald 1840, Ole 1841,Johannes 1843,Nils 1846, Sovei 1849,and another Harald 1857.I would like to find out who her siblings married and about their children which I am sure are not living by now. We eventually hope to be able to find living relatives so I would like to get help finding the generations before the ones who are now living so I can search further on my own to try and contact someone only once to see if there is an interest on that end to communicate. Is there a forum or a list of people who are looking to find out about their relatives who went to America to long ago?Med hilsen Susan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Løkkebø

Hello Susan.I will get back to this topic later. My children has also the name Klevkaas among their ancestors. But I don't have the info where I'm now.Lars

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cathrine Magne

Hi Susan.LDS information about Ole and Thone's wedding: [url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true>LenkeI don't know if you've seen the 1865 census? LenkeHarald (born 1857) is not listed, so perhaps he also died young? That leaves us with only 3 brothers: Ole, Johannes and Nils.Suggestion for Ole in the 1900 census: LenkeSuggestion for Nils in the 1900 census:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cathrine Magne

Hmm - somehow the LDS links are blank.. Anyway, LDS have 14 June 1838 as wedding date for Ole Haraldsen and Thone Olsdatter. Children and ancestors are also listed.:-) Cathrine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Løkkebø

Hello. This is my childrens ancestors. Ole was borned 1809, christened 26.11.1809. Married to Thone Olsdatter 14.06.1838. Ole died 18.11.1873 on Lia, Seljord, Heddal. Thone died 1891. I don't know abouth their children, because it is Ole's brother Niels that is my childres ancestor. Ole's brothers and sisters are: Niels, borned 1806 on Haaberg, Heddal, died young. Aslaug Haraldsdatter, b. 1813 on Klevkaas, died 23.07.1845. Married to John Ellefsson. Thore Haraldsdatter, b. 1816, died 1816. Niels Haraldsson, b. 31.01.1817, died 01.07.1897. Married to Ingeborg Olsdatter. Thore Haraldsdatter, b. 1822. Aaste Haraldsdatter, b. 1824. Harald Haraldsson, b. 1828.I got som more info. You can mail me on: lars.lokkebo@ta.no Lars

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Cathrine for the links to the census pages. I have tried to do lookups and failed because of my lack of the language. I do appreciate the help so much.I will look at the LDS site and see what is there. I have run into a few mistakes since the information is sent in by family members and it isn't always documented as being exact information. So I use what I find there and then I keep it in a seperate file till I have proven what I find there. They have Torbjorn as Halvorsdatter on one of the records I am sure that grandpa turned a little in his grave when that happened. But, I was happy to see that he is corrected in other records. I hadn't looked at the records that you mentioned yet so will do that. Thank you again.Could you translate these words for me please? Skomager, Husmor, Syelev, Snedkerl(ae)rling. I forgot how to do the letters sorry :-) Lars, I am so glad to make contact with you. I will email you personally soon.Med hilsen Susan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cathrine Magne

Hi Susan!Some of the LDS records are - as you know - just a guidance, and information given by family members should be verified using church records etc. I found Ole and Thone along with children and parents using the IGI. What to be found in the LDS records based on the Norwegian church records is listed here (along with other useful information): LenkeSelect County - i.e Telemark. Then select parish - i.e Notodden. Note: Several historical townships are listed, telling you which parish to search in.Bygdebøker= 'district' booksFolketelling= censusKirkebøker= church recordsFor Notodden (Heddal, Hiterdal), no church records have been microfilmed by LDS (as far as I can see).Skomager/skomaker = shoemakerHusmor = HousewifeSyelev = studying needlework (sy=sew, elev=student)Snedkerlaerling/snekkerlaerling = carpenter student (laerling= learning how to...)Regards, Cathrine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Cathrine, Thank you for the translations.I hope that I didn't sound ungracious by what I said. I am still learning to use the LDS site. I get a bit confused and seem to go in circles. I guess I am just getting old. (heh hehe ha)Now this link you sent. I followed the instructions you gave and came up with a list. (I hope this doesn't sound stupid) I wasn't sure of what I was looking at. Is that a list of the years and things that have been filmed and are available at the LDS Library in Salt Lake City?What does the 'MINI' link mean? I was able to figure out a few words but am still learning that too.Thanks Susan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cathrine Magne

Hi again Susan! No problem, just ask! The list you got using the link 'kirkebøker for Notodden (microfiche)' shows the church records microfilmed for Notodden, stored at the Norwegian state archive (microfilms are also available at local libraries). So, using the 'DIS' website you are able to see what is microfilmed for Norway (parish, record type, time period). If a church record is microfilmed and available using the LDS site, you will see a 'popup information window' about the LDS site when pointing at the link.I.e. Lenke Point at 'Kirkebøker for Oslo - Garnisonsmenigheten (Døpte) 1819-1881 (VRI), and you will see a popup window showing you a link to www.familysearch.org.MINI is short for Ministerial, KLOK is short for Klokkerbøker. Klokker = parish clerk:-) Cathrine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Susan Halverson Craft

Thanks again Cathrine for your help. I am sorry that I didn't get back with this sooner. My computer went down and I had to hook up the other computer.I am sad to report that even though I backed up most of my information there was a problem loading to this computer and it looks like I have lost all of the information that Lars gave me and that a few other people sent to me also. I am sad today. I have lost about 2,500 entries to my family tree. I am still hoping that I will be able to get this all put together again.I also have lost the links to the information about the churches that they may have gone to. Like that wonderful old Stave church that is now preserved for special ocassions and tours. Also all the links to Hjartdal and Tuddal. I even had one that said something about the LIA farm that Aaste came from.Do any of you have any ideas to help me recompile what I have lost.Thank you all. This forum has be wonderful to me.Med hilsen Susan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cathrine Magne

Hi Susan. I'm sorry to hear about your computer problem. A computer crash is never convenient, but a computer technician should be able to help you to retrieve your data. Which genealogy program do you use? Do you have a regular (security) backup of your files, or a Gedcom export? Even though you may think your computer is 'dead', a trained technician should be able to restore all data (hopefully). Good luck!Do you want links like this one?: http://www.heddal-stavkirke.no/:-) Cathrine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Susan Halverson Craft

Thank you Cathrine for the encouragement. I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers. I did back up most of it but I added 500 names since then and forgot to back it up again. All my GEDCOM files are on the computer. I know that they will replace the mother board and power source. Isn't the mother board the memory? I do have some print outs of some of the information but I send it out to people and I suppose, if I need to, I can get them to send me back a copy. I probably have lost most of my links to online trees and stuff like that. Anyway, the technician will be here tomorrow morning.Yes, the link to the Heddal Stavkirke is great. I had a couple of links to Hjartdal Kommune and a great page for Sauland with pictures on. I suppose I can find some of them by searching. The English pages are getting easier to find now.You are greatly appreciated. Susan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cathrine Magne

The RAM (Random Access Memory) chip(s) is located on the motherboard, and in addition you have a hard disc(s) storing your data. I think you'll be fine! :-)A smart thing to do is to split the hard disc in two partitions. A C:\ drive for all programs installed, and a D:\ drive for stored data. And I would recommend that you back up your data more often, and perhaps spend some money on a CD/DVD writer? If the only backup you have is stored on a crashed computer...well then... Tell us your status after replacing the units, and if data is missing, we will try to help you to put back together what's lost. :-)[url="http://www.hjartdalhistorielag.no/>http://www.hjartdalhistorielag.no/

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.