Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#24618] Step Backwards

Gjest Fredrik Buch
 Del

Gjest Fredrik Buch

The old system was really very good, so there were no need for change.I search for Tysdal, get 5 hits, and then you don't show me the target persons, but something else... Makes it very hard to find the person I'm looking for. Please change that back.The problem I'm often faced with is that the spelling of a name is not consistent, and your system is great for dealing with that.The Danish system is not nearly as good as yours (was), however, the LDS search engine has an 'associate' spelling feature (sounds like) and it is useful, but doesn't always work perfectly...Freddy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Oldervoll

I think you will discover that no feature in our old system has been discarded, they are only reorganised.Thank you for your kind words.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Fredrik Buch

Well, today everything worked fine, so maybe there was an unintentional bug, and it was fixed... Thanks!Often I search for the children in a family, and I would like them onto one page for printout (.pdf, virtual printout). So I have the mother's and the father's name. However, first names like Karen, and last names like Smith may not be very selective onto the data base. As an example, I was looking for the children of (Otte/Otto/Otthe)(Smith/Smit/Smidt...) plus (Karen)(Rothman/Bothman/Rotman), and use something like (ot)(mi)(ot) as filters. This is somewhat tedious, but it works. And what is the meaning of tedious in the context of looking for people living centuries ago??? Isn't the somewhat tedious Sherlock Holmes work what makes genealogy exciting???One small improvement I can suggest is that when you select names (off a census list), it would be nice to have a 'select all' button.Also, some data sets for baptism askes you to search for a specific position (i.e. third godfather), and it is nicer when you can search for anyone with a certain name. Searches that give a nil result are boring, and any result is interesting, in the sense of curiosity and education...Thanks for a fantastic and truly usable facility!!!Freddy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.