Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#24686] Stefan Gagnon: scanned seaman roll - Henrrik Robertson Tune II

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby
 Del

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

Here what we can do with little help from friend ! Tank you for your patience Nina,I appreciate. Now I nead peoples to translate everything I can learn about that man. Now that I found out about my ancestor,I will begin to write his story and will publish a book about his life in Norway,his voyage,and his life and death in Canada. It's a legacy I want to leave to the next generation who have to know about the story of a man leaving his childhood place to crossed the ocean and start a new life. I could'nt be borned without his journey 104 years ago. stef

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Is it possible that he jumped ship twice? It seems like he jumped ship back in 1888 too.Maybe he signed on once more just in order to reach Canada?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

Right! He seem to jumped twice and the name where he jump look like Chicoutimi(my place) with a (Y) to the end (maybe just mistake)and finishing with: romt Liverpool 1/8/88.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

Where could I ask for Birth certificate of Robertsen from Tune ? Is there anything else I could ask for,in order to learn more about that man ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

I do not know how much info you have on this family, but FamilySearch tells that Henrik was baptized 22.11.1868, Tune. His parents (Robert and Maren) was married 20.03.1866, Tune. There are three more children: Hilda Marie bapt 27.10.1867, Tune. Rikard Marensius bapt 29.10.1871, Tune. Inga Marie bapt 23.11.1873, Tune (FamilySearch should be verified).There is also a 'bygdebok' for Tune; 'Tune bygdebok'. You may try to get someone to look up these persons.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

I already had those informations but help from anybody are welcome ! Since I have those informations,what is the rules to follow to go further in this case ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

I would specificly know something about the boat that man climbed aboard,the Magdalene voguing from Fredrickhstad to Canada sept. 1890. I want to know if there is any place keeping scool records. Anyway,I would learn anything about that man and find the right place to look for.Stef

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

Henrick Robertsen did escaped from his employer twice,once 1/8/1888 with bark Bella in Liverpool and once again on bark magdalene 24/9/1890 in Canada, Question:When a seamen run away once and is catched back or come back by himself,what happen to him ? Is there any punishment or a blame give to him ?Stef

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Stefan Gagnon

Hello !In the number 2 seamen roll,what means the numbers 90 91 92 93 ? Was it the years and time he was supposed been voguing on that boat ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Stefan Gagnon

I made a mistake,It's in the number 3 seamen roll,what means the numbers 90 91 92 93 ? Was it the years and time he was supposed been voguing on that boat ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.