Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#24774] Ole Fossum obit. son of Johannes & Maren

Gjest Nancy Fostervold Halvorson
 Del

Here's an obituary for Ole Fossum, son of Johannes and Maren Fossum. He was my husband's great grandfather.OLE FOSSUM FUNERAL LAST MONDAY Ole Fossum, eldest son of Johannes and Maren Fossum, was born on September 15, 1867, at Trondhjem, Norway. At the age of 4 1/2 years he emigrated, with his parents, to America where his parents homesteaded in Rice County, Minnesota. He he grew to manhood, being confirmed in the Trondhjem church near Lonsdale, Minn. in 1882. In 1897 he was married to Anna Hauge. To this union were born five children, one of whom died in infancy. In 1912 he moved with his family to Eagle Lake, near Willmar, and in 1916 obtained a farm near New London. Here he resided until his death last Wednesday morning, March 21st, at the age of 77 years, 6 months and 6 days. Ole Fossum was active in church and community work. At the time of his death he was deacon of the Lutheran Free church, was Supervisor of New London township and had completed 22 years as treasurer of the New London Creamery Association. Ole Fossum is suvived by his wife, Anna, his daughters Marion (Mrs. Henry Martin) and Laura ( Mrs. Allan Halvorson) of Spicer; two sons, Johannes of La Crosse, Wics. and Oscar of Pleasanteville, N.Y. and three grandsons, Gary and Wendell Halvorson of Frederic Noel Fossum. Also surviving are four brothers and one sister, Albert Fossum of Medicine Lake, Montana, Andrew Fossum of Grantsburg, Wisc., and Magnus and Wilhelm Fossum of Lonsdale, Minnesota, and Hanna (Mrs. Edward Stubban.) Funeral services were held on Monday, March 26, at 1:30 at the Johnson Funeral Chapel and 2 o'clock at the New London Free church, with Rev. Clayton Moen officiating. Rev. Moen sang a solo at the chapel, 'Face to Face'. Mr. E.J. Rykken of Spicer sang 'Perle Porten' at the church. Mrs. A. Dokkesven and Rev. Moen sang a duet, 'The Old Rugged Cross,' and and Mrs. Dokkesven sang 'Near the the Heart of God.' Rev. Moen chose for his text, Matthew 25:23 and Kings II 17:13. Pallbearers were Peter Brandon, Einar Hagen, Martin Larson, Enge Simonson, Martin Thompson and Henry Vegdahl, all of New London. Interment was made in Lebanon Lutheran cemetery. Those in attendance from a distance included Mr. and Mrs. L.A. Hauge of Northfield, Minn., Miss Hazel Hauge of Minneapolis, Mrs. Andrew Aasness of Minneapolis, Miss Anna Hermunslie and Mr. and Mrs. Ludwig Fossum of Willmar. Many floral and memorial gifts in memory of the deceased were received. May God bless the memory of this Christian and noble man.CARD OF THANKS We wish to express our sincere gratitude to all of those who have in many kind words and deeds, expressed their sympathies in the recent loss of our beloved husband, father and grandfather. The Fossum family.(source - New London Times, Volume 58 Thursday, March 29, 1945 Number 30)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Do you want to find his birth and name of parents?Familysearch VRI: Ole born 15/9 - bapt. 17/9 1867 Orkdal church, parents Johannes Andersen and Maren Olsdatter.Johannes Andersen 26 y., father Anders Amundsen was married in Orkdal 28/12 1866 to Maren Olsdatter 32 y., father Ole Johnsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Berit, I came across this in a boxful of my husband's grandmothers things. I will hopefully this fall start working on this line of the family again. I guess I was hoping to connect with some living relative! Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Livinig relatives I do not know anything about but I belive Johannes came from Fossum and Maren from Bakmo, Eggan, both in Orkdal S-Trl.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Maybe someone has a bygdebok with the family history, names, dates, etc? I would like that information. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Bjordal Strømsholm

Please remember that information about people who are alive today, can not be published at the debate forums. M.B. Strømsholm

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Marianne, I do understand that. I am hoping to connect with someone else who might be working on this same family history. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.