Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#24832] Olaf - Ingeborg Dahl, Trondheim

Gjest Nancy Fostervold Halvorson
 Del

I'm looking for any information on the family of Olaf and Ingeborg Dahl. He was a butcher in Trondheim. Their son Martin Joakim Dahl came to America. I would appreciate any further information on the family members that stayed in Norway, did any others emigrate? Does the city of Trondheim have a history written up about the families living there like the bygdeboks do for the farms? Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

In the 1900 census for Trondheim I’ve found slaktersvenn (“slagtersvend” = butcher; written in Danish which still was the official written language in Norway) Olaf Dahl, born 1878. [url="http://www.rhd.uit.no/folketellinger/ftliste.aspx?ft=1900&knr=1601&kenr=072&bnr=0020&ln=03>Lenke. However, his wife’s name is Oline, not Ingeborg, so I don’t know if this is the person you are looking for. In the same census I’ve also found a person called Olaf Sivertsen, born 1876, unmarried and butcher

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Grethe, the first link could possibly be a grandson to Olaf and Ingeborg, I don't know. What does the ST after Trondheim stand for?Rune, yes, that is the family I'm looking for. I'm trying to help his granddaughter find more about the family in Norway. Martin Dahl married my great grandfather's sister, Gina Olson. Interesting, the family says Martin was born January 5, 1862 not 1861.Here is Martin's obituary - Martin Joakin [Joakim] Dahl was born in Trondheim, Norway, by the parents Olaf and Ingeborg Dahl, emigrated to America, came to Meeker Co. in 1882, married Gina M Olson on the 30th of March 1886; moved to Beltrami Co., Minn, in May of 1914; took homestead and lived there until his death on the 2nd of January 1927. He leaves his wife and seven children: Olaf Manuel, Rudolf, Alf, Inga Karolina, Martin Glennie, Mads William, and Myrtle Gwendolin Dahl (now Mrs. Russell Aslan)[Arthur Russell Aasland], plus two sisters in Trondheim, Norway.He was buried in our churchyard here in the forest, surrounded by the eternally green forest. The Reverend Sagen conducted the service. (Source - Decorah Posten February 11, 1927)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

Ok, this is the correct family! Martin Joakim Dahl married Gena Olson (from Ekri, Buskerud) in Meeker county Minnesota. He died in Lake of the Woods county, Minnesota. I believe Peter his brother gave the information for Martin's death certificate.What I am wondering is if this building where they lived still exists? If it does, could someone take a photo of it and scan or mail? Please advise, if anyone can do this, there is another place where my grandpa lived, that I would also like a photo of. Municipality: Trondheim Municipality number: 1601 Street name: Holstveiten Street number 9 Thank you, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

Since the link in (3) have died here is another [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f61601&gardpostnr=659&personpostnr=8645&tid=09:05:55#nedre>LenkeNancy, you asked about ST which means Sør-Trøndelag.If you have a broadband connection you might do some manual search in the Trondheim Adress books and maps

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.