Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#24974] Christen Gautsen, born abt 1592 Afoss, Solum

Gjest Anne Godfrey
 Del

Gjest Anne Godfrey

Hello. I am looking for the parents of Christen Gautsen, born around 1592 in Afoss, Solum, Telemark. His father is apparently Gaute Aafoss, but his mother is 'Mrs. Aafoss', so I'm trying to find both Christen's mother and the parents of Gaute and Mrs. Aafos. Christen died around 1660. Christen was married to Maren Hansdatter and for Maren I have 'Hans' as her father and 'Mrs. Hans' as her mother. Maren was born around 1596 in Solum too, and she died after 1670 in Afoss, Solum. The children that I can find for Christen and Maren are Anna (from whom I am descended) and Isach, who was born 23 years after Anna (could Isach be an illegitimate son of Anna's who was adopted by her parents?) Or was it likely that Maren had Isach at age 45?I am also not sure if I am writing the places correctly.Thank you, Anne Godfrey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif Biberg Kristensen

I have never seen a patronym for Christen Aafoss in any of the original sources, so can you please tell me where you have found this? There is, as far as I know, no evidence whatsoever to the effect that Christen should be a son of Gaute Aafoss.Christen and Maren had 4 children -- Hans, Isach, Maren, and Christen -- who are mentioned in the original sources. Your ancestor Anne Christensdatter is probably Jon Jensen Lien's wife? There is a remote possibility that she is a daughter of Christen Aafoss and Maren, but the chronology speaks against it as you also suggest.I have collected a lot of material from Solum on my Web site Solumslekt -- http://solumslekt.org/ -- and you are welcome to visit that site and ask questions on the discussion forum there.Regards, Leif.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.