Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#25045] Search Engine Problems

Gjest Richard Peterson
 Del

Gjest Richard Peterson

I got through finally, so here is my previous question reconstructed as best I can.I was looking in Bjelland, Vest Agder for Guri Torjusdatter. I put in 'Etternavn, starts with' Torjus: Search. Result: 70 people on 41 farms. On the bottom the sheet included 'Joran Torjusen'. To find a Guri I would have to click through 41 sheets, one at a time, so ...To narrow this I next put in 'Fornavn, Starts with' Guri: Search. Result: 97 people on 89 Farms. The bottom showed a 'Guri Sørensdatter. Obviously this didn't narrow the search, but merely started a new one.Questions: (1) How is it possible to run successive searches to narrow it to just a very few that can be looked at individually?(2) Considering the variation of spellings [e.g. Torjusd., Torgiusd. Torgesd. etc.] is there any way to run a search for 'Tor...', for example, and get a list of all names starting with Tor and select the ones to look at, as we did with the old Engine?My vote is to go back to the old engine. This is my favorite site, and I spend 95% of my Internet time in this site. I used to love to work with it, but now I am startine to dread it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Oldervoll

The short answer is: You do as you did before. The longer is as follow:When you first search on Torjus the system will return the search criteria to you in case you would like to change it. But at the same time it will give you a new set of boxing underneath it with the text in Norwegian Nytt personsøk. Fill in 'Fornavn' 'er lik' 'guri' and press search and you will find the Guri Torjusen. Alternatively you can choose 'Fornavn' and 'alle termar' which will give you a list of all given names for all the Torjusens, among those Guri. Mark her and press Søk and you have her.There is no differnece to the old system in the way you are working. The screen looks somewhat different and it gives you more flexibility.But of course it takes some time to get used to.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Richard Peterson

I take it all back. Your explanation set off a lightbulb in my brain, and I think the new system will work. My remaining reservations are more about if I am smart enough to figure out how to use it.I will now vote to keep it. Thank you for the explanation.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.