Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#25227] Cannot clear complex searches

Gjest Larry Norstedt
 Del

Gjest Larry Norstedt

I have tried this on several database with the same results. Example: 1865 census of Verdal Nord Trondalag.Sogn børjar på s , fornaven børjor på o. Søk. Neste side. Ta bort søkeresultat.Sogn børjar på s , fornavn børjar på j. Søk. Neste side. The previous search result comes back.Ta bort søkresulttat.1865. Nord-Trøndelag. Census for Verdal. The previous search is still present.Using Windows XP sp2. Internet Explorer 6.0.2900 . Privacy settings: Advanved. Override automatic cookie handling, checked. First party cookies, accept. Third party cookies, accept. Always allow session cookies, checked. Security settings: Custom. User data persistance, enabled. Changing these settings doesn't seem to affect results. A new instance of the browswer starts things over .Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Larry Norstedt

It still works the same, except a new instance of the browser does not clear the prior search. I must stress that both searches must produce more than ten results. And, most importantly the next page buttom must be used at least once in the first search or it does not occur

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Larry Norstedt

It still is not perfect, but is much easier to work with. When it happens now, you can hit the back button or prior page and it will correct for the next ten and so on. In the 1865 census of Verdal, I searched each time on the parish starting with s, first name starting with ol, then t, then n. Each time I cleared the search. On the last search sarting with n on the first next page it turned to t. I then hit the prior page and next page again till the t exhausted itself and it the next page returned the o of first search. I then repeated the process till I reached the end of the n. So I have a good work around. Maybe this should be enough effort for now and this thing will reveal itself in some other way.I should not just complain, because I think the new search engine and database selector are both great. I have used them quite a bit already. I really appreciate the work of the Digitalarkivet, my research would be nowhere with you. Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

I take it you start directly from Verdal and not from the global search? I can then not reproduce this but just want to tell you that as long as you are searching within the same coloumns you don't need to clear the search. You can just change the search term or operator.This is one of the big changes from the old system.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

Quite comforting that I am not the only one who still has a little problem with elements from a prior search. On my PC the system i working in exactliy the same way as Larry describes it, no matter if I try censuses, church records or probates. Maybe we have to get used to moving repeatedly backwards and forwards in the list?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

For exampel:Skifteregister Sunnfjord, tinglag Jølster1.) Gard er lik Nedrebø: 30 personer from Nedrebø in Jølster 1-10, 11-20 and 21-30.2.) Gard børjar på St: 60 persons from a farm beginning with St.: 1-10 St.., 11-20 St..., but 21-30 turns out to be Nedrebø again.I go backwards to 11-20 St.., then forwards again and find 21-30 St. The thre following lists 31-60 are fine, maybe because there were no more than 30 persons from Nedrebø.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Oldervoll

There is not very much I can do about it without great effort. The problem is that your browser 'think' when you ask for the result of your second search that this is a page already asked for and uses the old page instead. I have done what I can, which is that on every page I send I put a command to the brower that it should never use an old page. You could check your own settings as well. In Internet Explorer go to Tools on the main manu and choose Internet Options. On the tab General you will find Settings. On Check for new versions of stored pages, choose Every visit to the page.If this do not help, the problem is by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Some of them keep thier own cache, which mean that you may get an old page store there instead of getting one from us.I willl think about a way of getting around the problem, but cannot realy promise a positive result of the process.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

I followed your advice, which reads on my PC: Neue Versionen der gespeicherten Seite suchen: Bei jedem Zugriff auf die Seite.Now the system is working absolutely perfect at last. Thank you very much for all the explanations and help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Oldervoll

Eg vart nesten nostalgisk. For 10-12 år sidan jobba eg mykje i Göttingen og måtte læra meg tysk dataspråk. Tysk dataspråk er ikkje så kortfatta, nærast hoge, som engelsk og norsk er. Eg vil neste sei det er poetisk. Eg tru Goethe ville vera vel nøgd.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Larry Norstedt

The egg is on my face. I always felt that there was a browser dependency and early on I had shut down my internet accelerator because it often delivered old pages. I checked all of the settings except web page renewal because I had it set to every visit to a page for years. This morning I check it and it was set to automaticly instead. Now it works perfectly. You don't even need to clear them.Sorry I cause this much trouble.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.