Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#25257] Kirkeboker for Gjerpen

Gjest Moira Bue
 Del

Gjest Moira Bue

Does anyone have access to the church register for christenings/births in Gjerpen ? My husband has a family puzzle - In the 1900 census for Gjerpen under the entry for Edvart Anton Olafs(en) there is an entry for my husband's mother Gudrun and another sister Astrid (among others). Am I correct in assuming that the 't' in the column for birthplace means that the person was born in the same place as where the census was taken? The puzzle is that my husband contends that his Tante Astrid was younger than his mother and Astrid's daughter gives her mother's birth date as Sept. 19, 1906 but does not know the place of birth which is irrelevant because of the 100 year privacy laws. I believe her full name was Astrid Pauline Olafsen. Thus there is a possibility that the family is wrong or that there was an Astrid who died. In the census her birth date is given as 1897. Is there anyone who can look up the christening entries for me? Thanks for any help, moira bue

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

This is the entry in the 1900 census – Gjerpen, farm: Borgestad ([url="http://www.rhd.uit.no/folketellinger/ftliste.aspx?ft=1900&knr=0812&kenr=003&bnr=0052&ln=00>Lenke)As you may see, church records for Gjerpen are available on the internet, but not so far up in time as the 1890ties (birth/christening). (http://gamlegjerpen.no/Kirkeb/KBGjerpen.htm)Church records for Telemark are for instance available in the Regional State Archives in Kongsberg (

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kari Aabelvik Sahlin

You are right ,the 't' means the place as the census was taken. I have looked up the birth/christening in Gjerpen. Astrid was born 28.Oct.1897,but I can't find her dead 1900-1906.I can't find Astrid (Pauline) born 1906 in Gjerpen.Is it possible that they moved from Gjerpen between 1900 and 1906?Mvh Kari

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

Thanks for the help regarding Astrid Olafsen. I have been trying to obtain information from the family but no one appears to be aware of the older Astrid. The Astrid known to us was born in 1906 probably in Narvik and died in January 1990 in Honefoss (Astrid Kristiansen). It is possible that the older Astrid died in Narvik. Can anyone verify this? The father Edvart Anton Olafsen worked for the railway and so the family moved around a bit. Thanks, moira bue

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.