Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#25263] Hans Ludvig Halvorsen Andersen, emigrert 1888 til USA fra Halden

Gjest Kai S Gurrik Larsen
 Del

Min mormors oldefar, Hans Ludvig Halvorsen Andersen emigrerte 1888 til USA. Det sies at han giftet seg på nytt og fikk flere barn. Min interesse er å finne ut om historien stemmer slik den er blitt fortalt i flere generasjoner nå!* Hans Ludvig blir født den 2.desember 1860 i Fredrikshald (Halden), foreldrene heter Andreas Halvorsen og Andrine Petrine Andersdatter. Familien tilhører Metodistene!* I 1865-tellingen finner jeg familien på nytt. Alle bruker etternavnet Halvorsen og Hans Ludvig er blitt 5 år gammel. Sammen med seg har han 3 søsken: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f60101&gardpostnr=471&personpostnr=7071&merk=7071#ovre>Lenke* I Emigrantlistene for Fredrikshald (Halden) 1888 dukker han så opp igjen. Med en litt annen vri på navnet (Ludvig Andersen) reiser han til USA: Lenke* Hans Ludvig Halvorsen Andersen gifter seg den 12.juli 1882 i Fredrikshald (Halden) med Petronelle Marie Henriksdatter Storkleven. Når Hans Ludvig forlater landet sies det også at Petronelle forsvinner (Historiene forteller at hun reiser til Sverige). Dermed blir 3 barn satt bort, barnenes navn er: Harriet Marie, Normann Lindegaard, Henry Andreas.*I 1900-tellingen er barna spredd. Normann Lindegaard bor hos sin mormor Anne Helene Andersen: Lenke Harriet Marie jobber i Oslo: Lenke Henry Andreas er til oppfostring hos en familie i Halden: Lenke* I 1901 finner jeg hans sønn Henry Andreas Halvorsen igjen i emigrantlistene fra Oslo. Han reiser til Chicago som 14 åring og hva slags planer ligger klare for han der mon tro? Lenke* I 1906 finner jeg hans datter Harriet Marie Halvorsen i emigrantlistene fra Oslo. Hun reiser til Minnesota og gifter seg der med en Peter Hopland.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Database: New York Passenger Lists, 1851-1891Name: Ludwig AndersenArrival Date: 14 May 1888Age: 27Gender: MalePort of Departure: Amsterdam, NetherlandsDestination: United States of AmericaPlace of Origin: NorwayShip Name: ZaandamPort of Arrival: New YorkLine: 46Microfilm Roll: 519List Number: 620

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Det var kjempe flott at det fantes noen papirer fra USA som kunne bekrefte mine opplysninger. Så da bodde han virkelig i New York?Håper det lar seg gjøre å finne denne Ludvig Andersen i folketellingen 1900 osv. i USA!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Vi veit ikke om han bodde i New York, men vi veit at han i likhet med noen millioner andre klappa til kai i New York. Han sies å være 'sailor' ... hmmm.. det var snålt....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger  Thauland

I've little idea of how to read Norsk, but i guess you are interested in a Henry Andreas Hansen, born 9 jun 1887 to Hans Ludvig Halvorsen and Marie Petronelle, recorded Halden, Ostfold; per the VRI, and has a brother Norman, born 13 Jul 1885, (the 1884 norman likely died?). In the US 1920 census i see him in Detroit, MI, age 32, married and working in a auto factory, and i see him(vell, maybe) in WI in the 1910 census, single, 22; maybe someone would check the 1930 for him--if this seems to be the correct guy. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you so much Roger! Could you please wright what is written in the cencus? Maybe I can find some family there!Thank you so much for helping me!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

It is too soon to be counting chickens; the guy i found goes by: Henry Halfdan Halvorsen; so does he drop Andreas for a form of Halden!? Hmm..his first child is Henry, born about 1914 in Illinois, perhaps Chicago, so i must look in the birth index; that will be next week. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

I've found some work for you: obtain the obits for: Solway H Kerl(nee Hopland)--- 15 dec 1908-13 sep 1998 at zip 55109, St Paul, MN, (Ramsey county) and George P Hopland, 27 sep 1910- 6 feb 1995, same location. Her obit was published 9/15/1998 in the St Paul P-P, per a rootsweb entry. The other info is per ssdi. In the 1930 census is Peter Hopland, 50 to usa 1905, painter, own business, married at 27 to Harriet, 47 married at 24, to usa 1906, both Nor's; and parents of Solway, 21 and George, 19, both single. Living at 1185 Charles, St Paul, Ramsey, MN. So there you go! Did not have time to look much for Ludvig, might try next week. Found Henry in 1930 at same job as 1920, married about 1909 and i see some dead kids, at least 2 of them are his(i believe), so the death certs may contain a middle name which might resolve the question about this being the 'right' person. Roger. ps, i do not know what P-P stands for, nor do i know her husbands name, but he might be in the 1920.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you again Roger!I have been in contact with Solway Hopland's daugther, and maybe we are going to Minnesota some time to see her and her family!If you find out something about Ludvig and Henry, please tell me! Thank you so much!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Vell...and 9 more 'vell's..1 for each child of Hans(Henry) Ludwig in Wisconsin! 10 of them there plus the 3 in Norway! Lived at Suring(NW of Green Bay) - a very small town). Do you already know of Marvin Knock, or Glen Halverson, or Keith Hemmelman? If not, you can find them on Rootsweb, I can look up his wifes death cert in Chicago(7/1941). I have some leads about the 1887 Henry--he really could be the Detroit fellow; but he marries in 1914, not 1909, so the 'kids dead' belonged to others..i have ordered film for the Chicago birth that might be their first child(hopefully the fathers full name will be shown, and perhaps the fathers birthplace), (hmmm..in the oven when married, it seems)...and he is called Henry E., which could be really A., (often swapped here). So, we will see...in a few weeks. Roger. ..see Anna Maria Ring on Rootsweb

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kai Gurrik Larsen

Roger Thauland!Thank you so much for helping me with all this! If you find some child, and maybe someone who live, I will go to Amerika and wissit them with my grandmother!I will tell her that you have find much and that you will find more(?). I am shure that she will be glad for that!!! Thank you again...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

The birth film is still enroute, i have the death cert and funeral home record of Anna Ring Halvorsen, wife of Henry, born Feb 7, 1869 to Thomas Ring and Bertha (unknown). The birthplace within Norway was not recorded. I guess(don't read Norsk) you want email, i will xmit in a few minutes. ..i could mention that Anna has a daughter, Mrs V. H. Single of 3349 W. Berteau in Chicago. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for all the info you have sent me.You say that Hans Ludvig Andersen Halvorsen is the same person as Henry Halvorsen ? Or is Henry Halvorsen his son?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Same person---BUT please keep in mind that Henry and Harry is a name likely given also to others of this family. If you are unsure about my reference to 'rootsweb', i suggest you say so, and then someone can explain that--in Norsk!!--you need to use the WorldConnect feature. From that we learn that Anna was from Stordelshalen, born to Thomas Benjamin Ring(Slerdon) and Beret Martha..so perhaps someone can find them in a farm(or other database) book?? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Perhaps you have already found the marriage of Henry Halverson and Anna Marie Ring at FS? 9-20-1893 at Clinton IL--De Witt county. The parents and places match--even if the spelling is weird. For those with access to the US census, see 1900, Halenson, Henry L; born dec 1860; a carpenter, to us in 1889, 40, Maple Valley in Oconto county, WI. With Annie M, born feb 1869 and 4 kids living. In 1910, he is not there, but Anna Halvorson is at same place with 8 kids. Have you contacted Marvin Knock? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tuseeeeeeen takk til deg Roger og alle de andre....Har nå fått ca.200 nye slektninger i amerika. Dette kan ikke bli bedre!Igjen en stoooor takk

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.