Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#25265] Hello ! Anne Marie Sandhaug, from Fredrikstad

Gjest Stefan Gagnon
 Del

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

You noticed to me that you could send me informations about a bark called Magdalena or Magdalene from Fredrikstad. Could you please translate all you can about that vessel in the book called 'Fredrikstadskuter på de syv hav' and write it down on this forum. Tank you for reading meStef from cold Canada

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne Marie Sandhaug

OK, Stefan, here it comes: From the book 'Fredrikstadskuter på de syv hav'.Author: Knut W. Engebretsen. Page 352 The Schooner Magdalena (276 t.) build in Hamburg 1854, was the third ship C.A. Hansen took over in the year 1886. When he died, Mr. Schübeler took over the management. Svend Johnsen from Lisleby (in Fredrikstad) was the captain of the ship. Magdalena wrecked near Homlongen near by Skjærhalden in 1898.Page 558 Bark Magdalena (276 t) build in Hamburg (Steinwärder) 1854 was the fourth and last of those ships Rolfsøen disposed. This ship too was bought in 1873, from Kristiansund. The ship later was in sailmaker C.A. Hansen’s shipping company and was active until it wrecked nearby Homlongen in 1898. Magdalenas captain was Hans Sandersen when Rolfsøen owned the ship.Page 583 Bark Magdalena (276t.) build in Hamburg (Steinwärder) 1854 was another of the early “sailmaker-vessels”. Formallly it belonged to a limited company. Magdalena had in earlier days belonged in Kristiansund og was then a good and fastsailing vessel , which among other things sailed in the White Sea loaded with timber. Magdalena was later rebuild to a schooner. It was at Shübeler’s disposal when it wrecked nearby Homlongen, Hvaler Dec. 12th 1898. Magadalena had pilot on board when she came sailing loaded with coal against Homlongen, but the pilot unfortunately mistook a sign. Magdalena sailed on shore so violently that she sank in a short time, and the hull was broken down by the heavy sea in a few days. The captain was at that time Svend Johnsen from Lisleby. He was born 1849, got his sertificate in 1873 and had been the captain of Magdalena since 1876, except from the years 1881-84 when he was the captain of brigg Ellida. The captain himself owned a great share in Magdalena. Other co-owners were Lauritz Johnsen, Lisleby and Anders Ek, Onsøy.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stefan Gagnon

Tank you a lot ! That's realy good information ! Is there any place I could get a picture of that boat ? I already ask to the maritime museum and rhey said they can't make any search !Stef

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.