Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#25547] Look up Sirdal Bygdebok

Gjest Lill Ann Parry
 Del

Gjest Lill Ann Parry

According to family lore, my 3 gr grandfather, Salve Torkildsen/Torkelsen was born 1765 in Lund... nothing more. . His father was supposedly, Thorkild Salvesen, b. ca 1734 in Lund and took over Øiernes in Vest-Agder. Thorkild's wife's name is unknown, but they supposedly had at least three sons (unknown if they had daughters): Salve b. 1765 Aanen , birth unknown Thorkild, b. ca 1775.What I have been able to confirm for Salve Torkelsen/Torkildsen is that he married in Kragerø, 7 Sept 1801. He had a lease for Lindvik u/Kalstad, Skåtøy. He apparently died before 1838 because his widow Inger was responsible for the taxes on Lindvik according to the 1838 Matrikkel.I found a possible candidate Lenke , but do not have access to the Sirdal bygdebok to see if there are additional children or if there is any mention of what happened to Salve Torkildsen on Ousdahl.mvh Lill Ann Parry

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Helge Trelsgård

Salve Torkelsen Ousdal (b. 1764) died at Ousdal 1846. He was married three times according to the Sirdal bygdebok. In 1807 he married Siri Tolleivsdtr. Ousdal, 1772-1808. 1810 he married Karen Åsulvsdtr. Ousdal, 1793-1818, and 1819 he married Helene Mikkelsdtr. b. ca 1799. I therefore doubt that this is the correct person.What kind of sources links your 3. gr. grandfather to Lund ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lill Ann Parry

Mange takk Jan. That excludes that Salve.I acquired our Salvesen family history from my cousin who did it as a history project for middleskol in the 1960's. He did not source each entry, but gave the family bible, oral interviews, Kristiansand and Mandal kirkebøker and information from an aunt and uncle. Unfortunately, he does not remember where he got the information that Salve Torkildsen was born in Lund. My aunt and uncle have both died and at the moment, we have been unable to determine who has the Salvesen family bible of the cousins.I have been trying to verify the ancestry of Salve for many years and have been unsuccessful prior to his marriage in Kragerø in 1801. I had not been able to find him in the 1801 census, though family history says that he moved to Sannidal/Kragerø ca. 1798. He was a seaman so it is possible that he was missed in the census.As I mentioned in my initial posting, Salve was one of three sons born to Torkild Salvesen who was supposed to have been born in Lund, ca 1734. Torkild Salvesen was one of eight children born to Salve Torkildsen, b ca 1705 in Aaseral (again, I have not been able to verify this information). Salve Torkildsen, was supposed to have had eight children wife's name unknown:Thorkild, b. 1734 Aanon, b. 1735 (supposedly to Øiernes) Christine, b. 1735 (possible twin of Aanon?) (supposed to have married a Foeg-Loss/Lotz and moved to Mandal or Kleven) Ole, b. 1736 (supposedly moved to Lindvik, Sannidal) Dorothea, b. 1737 (ugift) Salve, b. 1738 (supposedly to Nedre Mosbye) Lars, b. 1739 (supposedly to Dversnes) Knud, b. 1740 (suppoedly to Eikenes, Levang, Sannidal - this is an error and has been disproved)Lill Ann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest A. Vidvei

Could this be what you are looking for? Lenke. This is the 1801 census for the farm Lunde in Søgne parish, Vest-Agder county. 'Lunde, Søgne' could easily have become 'Lunde sogn' - especially when information crosses the Atlantic and the Scanidavian letters become a problem... Anyway: At this farm you find the old widower Torchild Salvesen (78) living with his son Tønnes.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lill Ann Parry

Thank you A. Vidvei.The issue of across the Atlantic is not the problem since I am the only one of the cousins in the US. All the rest are still in Norway.Anyway, it is possible that the Torchild you found might also be a possible.Does anyone have access to the Greipstad book to see if Torchild Salvesen Lunde is a candidate for Salve's father?mvh Lill Ann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øystein Brennsæter

Hello, I am living in Lund, Rogaland. For six years I lived in Sirdal. I think that Lund should be Lunde. Ousdal/Ausdal is a farm in a small village called Lunde in the northern part of Sirdal. Searching for Salve Torkildsen in Familisearch (birth 1764) gives several matches. His parents are Torkel Salvesen and Tora Eilevsdotter. Link: Lenkebest regards Øystein.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øystein Brennsæter

Some additional information.Until 1741 Sirdal was a part of Lund parish. From 1741 until 1854 Sirdal was i part of Bakke parish. In 1847 Øvre Sirdal (Lunde) parish became i parish of ease under Sirdal parish. Until 1847 i think Øvre Sirdal was just a part of Sirdal parish. Lund and Lunde are two different parishes and two different places, but not far away from each other (about 60 km).In LDS-FS you will find that Salve Torkildsen is born in Sirdal in some links and in Bakke in others. Both are right according to what is said above. His father Torkild Salvesen is born in 1734 in Lund. Before 1741 Sirdal was a part of Lund parish, so this is also right.I think this Salve Torkildsen is your ancestor and I am sure you can find a lot of others in FS...Øystein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øystein Brennsæter

I am sorry. Forget my two messages. I thought that you were sure that Salve came from Ousdal, Lund. I cant find any link between This Salve Torkildsen and the one who married in Kragerø in 1801. Of course the newest information must be your starting point. I am afraid this is a mixing of two different persons. If Lund still is an actual place, it could be Lunde in Telemark. That is not so far away from Kragerø...?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

I don`t know if this is any help at all, but the FamilySearch IGI shows that Salve Torkildsen married 07.09.1801 to Inger Larsdtr. in Kragerø.If someone could take a look in the marriagerecords, this might show the name of the farm where he was borned or lived at the time of marriage.The only unmarried Salve Torkildsen I could find in the 1801 census that match the birthyear 1765 +/- 2 years, are the one in the link at the start of this debate. Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lill Ann Parry

Thank you Rune and Øystein.Ignore my request about Greipstad. I forgot that that was also a wrong person.To Rune: I have the Kragerø record for their marriage. In 1801, only the names are provided for marriages. The records are not very thorough, but the witnesses were not family for either that I can tell. Hr Ole Møller and Hr Østergaard. Salve and Inger had three sons. The witnesses were from Inger's side of the family.Inger was born in 1778. If I expand Salve's birth range to dates closer to Inger, I found one more possibility in the Family Search IGI. This Salve is christened 2 Apr 1775 in Spind. His father is Torkild Salvesen, no mother's name provided. There are two possible Torkild's in 1801. Lenke According to the IGI, Torkil age 62 did not marry until 1777. That leaves the other Torkil, on Bjørnvåg with second wife Dorthe Hansdatter as the possible father to Salve.I noticed that DIS VestAgder has posted the probate cards for Spind. I will see what I can find. Perhaps someone has the Spind bygdebok and can check if there is any mention of Salve Torkelsen on Bjørnvåg or what happened to him.mvh Lill Ann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

Hi.Do you have any information as to when or where Salve died?His deathrecords would possible give some information about his age. Rune T.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lill Ann Parry

I have tried to find his burial entry, but so far I have been unsuccessful. I know that he died before 1838 because Inger, as a widow paid the tax in 1838 for Lindvik, the section on Kalstad (Sannidal then, but Skåtøy later) that they had leased. Since residents of this area used both churches, I have checked both Sannidal and Kragerø.mvh Lill Ann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.