Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#25683] Størker Størkersen med familie til Amerika (MN ?)i 1883, men hvor havnet de ??

Gjest Tor Mathisen
 Del

Gjest Tor Mathisen

Vestlendingen Størker Størkersen i 1875 oppgitt å være f. 1845 i Skjold prestegjeld giftet seg i 1872 i Bindalen med Karoline Anna Nilsdtr. fra Sømna.I 1883 reiste de til Amerika og hadde med seg dattera Signe som var f. i 1881. Bestemmelsessted synes å være Ruskf.(?) i Minnesota.Er det noen som kan hjelpe med å oppspore deres skjebne i Amerika ??Mvh Tor M

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Taryn Flolid

I think that Ruskf. might be Rushford, Minnesota, which is a town in Fillmore county, a place where there were MANY Norwegians.You could try contacting the Fillmore County Historical society.FILLMORE COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY Mailing Address: 202 County Road #8Fountain, MN 55935 telephone: 507/268-4449 FAX: 507-268-4492 Email: fillmorehistory@earthlink.net Director: Jerry Henke[url="http://www.rootsweb.com/~mnfillmo/society.htm>http://www.rootsweb.com/~mnfillmo/society.htmUsually if they knew where they were going, they had relatives or friends already there. So someone they knew probably already lived in Rushford. But by 1883, all of the farm land in Rushford was taken up by earlier immigrants, so they probably had to move on to another place.On the Minnesota Death index, as Laila said, there are two Stark Starksons that are worth looking at. I think the first one, who died in St. Louis County (which is the area of Minnesota in the north that includes cities like Duluth and Hibbing, and lots of small towns) I think he might be a good match. I found a Caroline Starkson also died there. (I tried other spellings, but this was the only good match)These are from the Minnesota Death index.STARKSON, STARK CertID# 1918-MN-032415 Date of Birth: not indexed Place of Birth:not indexed Mother Maiden Name:not indexed Date of Death: 07/28/1918 County of Death: ST. LOUISSTARKSON, MRS CAROLINA CertID# 1923-MN-026045 Date of Birth:not indexed Place of Birth:not indexed Mother Maiden Name: not indexed Date of Death: 01/28/1923 County of Death: ST. LOUIS This is the information I got from the St. Louis County websiteSTARKSON CAROLINA Date of Death 1/28/1923(January 28, 1923) Death Certificate #77 STARKSON STARK Date of Death 7/28/1918 (July 28, 1918) Death Certificate #713 So I think you could get a death certificate from either St. Louis County Historical society (the address is below), or from the Minnesota Historical society. I found that on this page: http://www.rootsweb.com/~mnstloui/190024s6.htmMaybe there is an obituary in the newspaper that you could get from the St. Louis County historical society?ST. LOUIS COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY 506 West Michigan Street Duluth, MN 55802-1505 218/733-7580 Fax 218/733-7585 email: history@chartermi.net Executive Director: JoAnne Coombe, 218-733-7581 Office Hours: 8 - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; Museum Hours: 10 - 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday www.vets-hall.orgMaybe someone who has ancestry.com can look in St. Louis county in 1920 for Carolina Starkson, to see how old she is, and if the age fits.Or you can write your question to this website, and put a title, 'Starkson, 1920 Census Lookup please' and someone may help you.LenkeAnd try to write it here too:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.