Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#25711] Holt Bygdebok lookup

Gjest Lill Ann Parry
 Del

Gjest Lill Ann Parry

According to family lore, my 4 gr grandfather, Thorkild Salvesen worked Øienes. I found one in Holt, Aust-Agder in 1865, but Holt/Tvedestrand is missing in the 1801 census.Thorkild Salvesen was supposed to be born ca 1734 in Lund, wife's name unknown. Supposedly had three sons (unknown if they had any daughters).Salve, b. ca 1765-1775 Aanen, birth unknown Thorkild, birth unknownThorkild had a brother Aanen who also supposedly worked Øienes.mvh Lill Ann Parry

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Oddbjørn Johannessen

I can't find any of those persons connected to Øines or Lunde in Holt bygdebok. FamilySearch (IGI) presents a Torkild Salvesen, b. 1725, connected to Lunde in Søgne (nearby Kristiansand) - but Søgne is definitely not Holt... If you give a bit more information about some of Thorkild Salvesens descendants, it maybe possible to find out something.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lill Ann Parry

Thank you Oddbjørn,The problem that I have is that I have been unable to confirm the ancestors as presented in a document that was written by my cousin as a school history project and data collected by my uncle.The information that I have is sketchy at best.What I can confirm is that my 3 gr grandfather, Salve Torkildsen, b? 1765-1775 married in Kragerø to Inger Larsdatter Stilnestangen on 7 Sept 1801. Witnesses to their marriage were not relatives. They christened 3 sons in Sannidal/Kragerø with witnesses from Inger's family. I have her lineage.I have been unable to find Salve in the 1801 census, though he supposedly moved to Sannidal/Kragerø ca. 1798. He acquired the lease for Lindvika u/Kalstad søndre and worked for Biørn as a foremann.I have discounted a number of other Salve Torkildsens born in the approximate time frame with help of bygdebok lookups.Salve's father, Torkild Salvesen was supposed to be born ca 1734 (no place provided). The document says 'til Lund', but does not give where he was born. Torkild was supposed to be the son of Salve Torkildsen, Åseral f. ca 1705 (I have not been able to confirm this either). Salve Torkildsen was supposed to have had eight children:Thorkild, f ca 1734 Aanon, f ca 1735 Christine, f ca 1735 Ole, f ca 1736 Dorothea, f ca 1737 Salve, f ca 1738 Lars, f ca 1739 Knud, f ca 1740Gårds are provided for some of these children as to where they settled, but they have all been disproved as errors.Since the only information that I can confirm is that Salve married, had children and died in Sannidal/Kragerø, I am trying to find his birth to determine his ancestry.Hope this is not too much information.mvh Lill Ann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Oddbjørn Johannessen

I suppose this is Salve's wife (short time before the marriage): Lenke Salve may have been a 'round-about-worker' at that time. Perhaps the census didn't registrate him for that reason.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lill Ann Parry

Yes, thank you I have all for Inger. Salve is my problem.I found a Salve Torkildsen, christened 1775 in Spind to parents, Torkild Salvesen Bjørnevaag and Ingeborg Hansdatter. Torkild and wife, Ingeborg were on Bjørnevaag in 1801, but son Salve is not present with them, though a daughter Siri and husband were on the gård. I have a query out for a Spind look up to see if the bygdebok says anything about their Salve.mvh Lill Ann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.