Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#26096] Gunder Gunderson born about 1815 at Braaflot Farm, in Nore / Numedal - Buskerud

Gjest Cathy Hutchinson Larkins
 Del

Gjest Cathy Hutchinson Larkins

Ginder Gunderson / Gunder Gunderson is born about 1815 at Braaflot Farm, in Nore/ Numedal/ Numedalen, Buskerud, Norway. He married Birgit?. They had 4 children at that farm, so I am told...1. Halvor 29 Oct 1849 (Married in 1869 at Blooming Prairie, Steele, Minnesota to Guro Iverdatter born 25 June 1843 in Hemsedal,Buskerud, - died 11 NOV 1924 in Smithers, British Columbia, Canada) Halvor died 1930 in Smithers, British Columbia, Canada2. Guro/Julia 28 Aug 18513. Elling 18534. Astrid/Esther 17 June 1858I am not sure when they came to the US, but Halvor is in US census 1880 Iowa state, Here: Lenkeand it lists 5 children born in Minnesota State.Can anyone please help me finding out more about Gunder Gunderson Braaflaat´s ancestry?Thank you for your time and efforts..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jens Gladheim

Hi Are you sure about Gunder Gundersonn's fathers name? On Braaflot farm [Noreboka vol 5 page 2484 and 2908) I found Gunder Halvorson born ca 1815 married to Birgit Ellingsdatter Flaata (Rudigrend) They had following children: 1: Halvor born 1848 2: Guri born 1851 3: Elling born 1853 4: Astrid born 1857Whole family emigrated i 1861. Bacause all names are the same and located on Braaflot and later Flaata,I think this must be the people you are looking for.Kind regardsJens

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
Gjest Cathy Larkins

Jan,I am sorry it has taken me so long to send you my heart felt thanks for your help on my Gunderson line. I believe what you found is my family. I was not sure of the fathers name as I am not familiar with the naming patterns in Norway. This is new reseach for me and I do not know how to go about doing research in Norway.Thank you so very much for your time and efforts on my behalf. You are a sweetie..Sincerely, Cathy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cathrine Magne

Hi Cathy.I don't know how familiar you are with searching in the LDS database [url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp>Lenke, but here are some candidates:IGI: Gunder Halvorsen married to Bergit Ellingsdatter, 12 Jun 1847 in Rollag, Buskerud, Norway.IGI: Gunder Halvorsen bapt. 5 Mar 1815 in Rollag, Buskerud, Norway. Father: Halvor Gundersen, Mother: Guri RejersdatterThe tradition was to name the children after their grandparents, and here we have both Halvor and Guri...If Halvor and Guri are the parents, then:IGI: Halvor Gundersen married to Guri Rejersdatter, 7 Apr 1814 in Rollag, Buskerud, Norway.This is the Braafloet farm in the 1801 cencus: Lenkeand in the 1865 cencus:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.