Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#26228] Thaline Asbjørnsdatter

Gjest Eivind B. Jensen
 Del

Gjest Eivind B. Jensen

I have been trying to determine the parents of Thaline Asbjørnsdatter, born ca 1777, buried 8 October 1823, Korskirken, Bergen. She married on 13 May 1804 in Domkirken, Bergen, to master smith Elias Alberg (Ahlberg), born 18 May 1775, Algustorp, Röke Socken, Sweden. They had five children, two of whom survived to adulthood. There are many records in Digitalarkivet concerning her, but nothing about where she came from.I have found considerable circumstantial evidence to suggest that Thaline Asbjørnsdatter might be the daughter of Asbjørn Toresen Berland (Bjerkreim) and Berthe Larsdatter Kalveskog, but I can find no record of her birth to this family or anywhere else. Thaline was living as a servant in the household of Willum Berle, aka Willum Thorsen-Berle (Velle Asbjørnsen Berland, son of Asbjørn Toresen) in Bergen until she married Elias Alberg in 1804. At least three of Asbjørn’s sons moved to Bergen and changed their names to Berle. The record of Thaline’s death in the book “Dødsfald i Bergen” notes that she was “f. Berle.” Soon after Thaline’s death, Asbjørn Toresen’s daughter Inger Asbjørnsdatter (Thaline’s sister?) named her next female child Berte Thaline. There are other examples of a possible connection.Can anyone help with this?Mvh. Eivind

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

According to the marriage in Bergen in 1804, the patronymic of Elias Albergs wife, Taline, is not Asbjørnsdatter, but Andersdatter (!):00 [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=vigd1663_1&gardpostnr=5589&merk=5589#ovre>LenkeIn the 1801 census for Bergen I’ve found one Thalina Andersdtr, servant, 27 years old (born about 1774) in the household of Andreas Schioldberg. LenkeIn the church records for Bergen (births) Taline’s patronymic is both Asbjørnsdatter and Andersdatter:Christine Susanna, born 1804 (Thaline Andersdatter) LenkeChristina, born 1806 (Thaline Alberg) LenkeGunder Benzon, born 1811 (Thaline Asbjørnsdatter) LenkeGunder Bentsen, born 1813 (Thaline Asbjørnsdatter) LenkeElias Alberg dies in 1835 as “smedemester, almisselem” in Bergen Lenke and as you mentioned, Taline Asbjørnsdatter, dies in 1823, 46 years old LenkeIn 1830 Elias Alberg is married in Bergen for the second time to Elisabeth Silverlod Lenke, and they have a son, August Eguin, born in 1831

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eivind B. Jensen

Digitalarkivet also shows the following:Thale Assersdatter in 1790, h. Wellum Berle -- communion at NykirkenThale Andersdatter in 1795, age 16, hykker Willum Berle – confirmation at Nykirken (source: microfilm of Nykirken church records)Thaline Thorsdatter in 1801 census, servant age 24, unmarried, at Wilhelm Thorsen-Berle (The Bjerkreim bygdebok mentions that several sons of Asbjørn Toresen Berland (also Kalveskog) moved to Bergen and assumed the name Thorsen-Berle or Berle.)Taline Andersdatter in 1804 married to Elias Alberg in DomkirkenLater, when the children are born, she is listed as Taline or Talina or Thaline Asbjørnsdatter or Andersdatter.On death reports we see Thaline or Taline Asbjørnsdatter, Talina Alberg, and Taline Johannisdatter. In the Probate her name is written Tolline Asbjørnsdatter.I have assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that these are all the same person, and if so, that Willum (Wilhelm) Berle (Thorsen-Berle) could be her uncle.To further confuse the issue, there was a Tale Andersdatter born 06 Jun 1775 on Davong, Askøy, Hordaland; confirmed in 1791 at age 17; listed with her parents in 1801 census (Thale Andersdatter) at age 26; married on 21 June 1801 to Niels Olsen from Kleppe, Askøy; died 4 March 1804 at Kleppe at age 29. All of these records are from Digitalarkivet. Could she also be the “Talina Andersdtr, servant, 27 years old in the household of Andreas Schioldberg in the 1801 census? Or could the Taline “Thorsdatter” shown in 1801 as servant in the household of Wilhelm Thorsen-Berle be this person, perhaps working in both households. I have noticed on old maps of Bergen that the two houses are quite close to each other. Also, Schioldberg is a Swedish name and this connection might explain how Thaline met Elias who was from Skåne. Many of the witnesses at the baptisms of Thaline’s children in Bergen were also from this part of Sweden.Eivind

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Willum Thorsen Berle was married twice: In 1785 to Lovise Nilsdatter [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=vigd1663_1&gardpostnr=15521&merk=15521#ovre>Lenke and in 1790 to Berte Nilsdatter LenkeThere is also a Iver Thorsen Berle who was married to Anna Willumsdatter in 1792 Lenke. Are Iver and Willum brothers? One of Iver Thorsen Berle’s children is called Elen Talin – she is baptised in Bergen in 1794 Lenke and in 1804 the daughter of Willem Thorsen Berle and his second wife Berte called Inger Talline, is baptised in Bergen Lenke Taline then seems to be a quite common name in this family...In 1791 Catharina, the daughter of Peder Torsen Berle and George Martine Rasch is baptised in Bergen Lenke And then in 1813 the son of Rasmus Thorsen Berle and Ingeborg Sophie Christiansdatter, Thor Christian, is baptised in Bergen Lenke Do Peder and Rasmus have anything to do with Willum and Iver?Here is another daughter of Elias Alberg and Talina Asbjørnsdatter, Anna Gurina, born 1809 (I seem to have forgotten her last time...)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eivind B. Jensen

Yes, Iver and Willum are brothers (parents: Tore Helgeson and Torgjær Torgrimsdtr.) -- the Bjerkreim bygdebok (Berland i Bygda) mentions that they both were citizens in Bergen, and used the name Berle.I made a mistake in my response number (4) above when I said that it was Asbjørn’s sons that moved to Bergen—in actuality it was Asbjørn’s brothers.Taline does seem like a common name in the family, which is one of the reasons I think that Thaline Asbjørnsdatter is connected.Peder Torsen Berle may be another brother of Iver and Willum who moved to Bergen (Peder Toresen dpt. 30.9.1759 in Bjerkreim bygdeboka). Rasmus Thorsen Berle is the son of Thor Thorsen-Berle (also Berland, Barland) in Bergen who might be yet another brother (Tor Toresen dpt. 10.5.1754 in Berland, Bjerkreim) in this family.Anna Gurina died with her only child at sea on the way to Liverpool according to the probate for Thaline Asbjørnsdatter. Christine Eliasdatter Alberg, born 1806 is my ancestor—she first married and then divorced a Swedish seaman, then married my ancestor Thor Larsen in Egersund in 1832.I have not found any probate records for Asbjørn Torsen and Berte Larsdatter. Under Kalveskog (Klampen) in the Bjerkreim bygdebok it states that Asbjørn and Berte moved from Bjerkreim after 1784. I have not been able to find where they moved to, or what happened to them. In this section it also states “Aa. Salveson (1922, s. 26-27) fortel om då Troen Erikson Lauperak var fadder på det sjuande barnet deira.” But—only six children are listed in the bygdebok, and I can find only these six children in the Bjerkreim church records. Is it possible that Thaline was a child in this family but somehow her birth or baptism did not get recorded?Eivind

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Eivind B. Jensen

Many thanks to Grethe Flood for responding with the references relevant to Thaline Asbjørnsdatter. Thaline's ancestry is still somewhat of a mystery for me, but I now know that I have not overlooked any important information resources. God Jul/Merry Christmas to all! Eivind

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.