Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#26393] Bertha Helquist (1832-1897) from Luster, SF to Chicago, IL - her children?

Gjest Lars E. Øyane
 Del

Gjest Lars E. Øyane

Bertha Jacobsdotter Krogen, born in Luster Co., Norway July 13, 1832, was married to Carl Erik Nilsson Helquist from Norrköping in Sweden (1814-1892). They lived in Sogndal, but in 1895 Bertha Helquist emigrated as a widow to Chicago, IL where she died on July 9, 1897!Bertha and her husband had 11 children, including Malena Jensine who married Lars Hansen (see topic #26355). Among the others figure these:* Gjertrud Andrea Carlson/Erickson Helquist, born in Sogndal Co., Norway Jan. 10, 1861, was alive in 1865, later destiny unknown.* Ellen Cathrine Carlson/Erickson Helquist, born in Sogndal Co., Norway Jan. 12, 1869, emigrated in 1892, but had died prior to 1938, destiny unknown.* Bertha Caroline Carlson/Erickson Helquist, born in Sogndal Co., Norway Dec. 2, 1870, emigrated in 1895 and was supposedly the one sister who about 1899 married one Nels Iverson. This couple lived somewhere in Illinois (Chicago?), but it seems like the mother died early leaving two or three children, including this daughter:--- Nellie Iverson, born in Illinois July 19, 1900, var 1920 a single schoolteacher residing in Rock Co., MN, later married a man named Byers and died at Daytona Beach, FL Jan. 22, 1986, apparently with no children.* Jacob Edward Carlson/Erickson Helquist, born in Sogndal Co., Norway Dec. 24, 1877, emigrated in 1893, but had died prior to 1938, destiny unknown.I don't know about Gjertrud Andrea, but I am fairly certain the other three children emigrated to Chicago, IL, but is it possible to find out anthing more about any of them?Perhaps the mother Bertha's death record will lead is to a cemetery where some of the others are also buried?Any assistance to trace this family will be highly appreciated!Very sincerely yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

She is indexed as Hellquist, i can do that lookup next week; i do not see a Bertha marr in IL; do not see Iverson's in any census; no Ellen; but here is Jacob--in 1900, Halquist, 22, MN, Yellow Medicine; Hazelrun twp, to us 1892; and just maybe as Erickson, 1910, MN, YM, Woodlake twp, still single, 1892(poor image!); and per 1920-- married about 1912 to Jennie (b Iowa), 4 kids, Renville co, Scared Heart twp, what do you think? Can someone find the marr or whatever to establish identity? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

ps-- at Rootsweb, worldconnect, is Bessie Hansen--they gave Malina's name as Berquist--any idea why? ..i did not try to find any of them as Berq..but it might be worth a try; they say she(d1981) is at Graceland cemetery in Val..Bessie had 6 kids, Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars E. Øyane

You continue to amaze me, Roger! Thank you very much for new interesting details about the Helquist family! I shall be waiting to hear what Bertha's death record has to tell us...!The information you found in regard to Jacob Ericson is very interesting, indeed. Obviously, we have no proof that Jacob Helquist and Jacob Ericson is the same guy (I'll try to check that one out...); a sister Elizabeth Helquist (Mrs. Sam Mickelson) lived in Yellow Medicine Co., MN for many years, but strangely enough; none of Elizabeth's nowliving descendants have ever heard of ''uncle Jacob'', and Jacob's family is nowhere to be found in the 1930 census! Maybe they went to Canada?The Berquist name is entirely unknown to me; I guess that someone's memory has been somewhat ''off''...!?I wrote to Neil Smith, but have received no answer yet.Very sincerely yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Bertha is at Oakwoods cemetery, lived at 8835 Commercial ave; in the 1896 is a John, steelworker, at 8734 Commercial ave, looks like he is a tinner in the 1897 city dir. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars E. Øyane

Thank you very much, Roger, for sending me offline Bertha Hellquist's death record. It was interestihg to see she was buried in the Oakwood cemetery, and now I am of course very curious to learn whether any other family members are buried there along with her!?I have no idea who that John may have been. There were no Johns in this Helquist family!Thanks again for your wonderful assistance in this matter!Very sincerely yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.