Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#26635] Kragerø Slekt Hopp

Gjest Lill Ann Parry
 Del

Gjest Lill Ann Parry

I have been trying to identify my 3 great grandmother, Maren Thomasdatter.She was first married to Isak Jensen Hopp, seaman son of Jens Jensen Hopp and Anne Marie Larsdatter, født 27 Feb 1768 døpt Kragerø 2 Mar 1768. I have not fournd their marriage, but they christened three children in Kragerø,Anne Marie, 21 Jan 1804 Maren Elisabeth, 2 Oct 1806 Jens Thomas, 7 Nov 1808I have not found Isak's burial/death, but Maren remarries 11 June 1813. She is called enke, Sl. Hopps for her marriage to Christian Ludvig Johansen. He is my 3 gr grandfather. I have no data on him either.Maren and Christian Ludvig christen two children:Johan Wilhelm Dau (Duue?), døpt 29 Dec 1813. He is later found using the name Johan Wilhelm Dau Hopp and in 1900 Wilhelm Hopp.Isabelle Christine Lovise, døpt 30 Jan 1818. My 2 gr grandmother.It appears that the children used Hopp from their mother's first marriage.Does anyone have access to the Hopp family article or can shed some light on who Maren Thomasdatter was?mvh, Lill Ann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva Hadeler-Jacobsen

Hello Lill Ann, I will ask a family named Hopp from Kragerø, the same family as Zinken Hopp a very populary person that have writhe many books. She was married Hopp. Mvh EvaHJ

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

In the register to Norsk Slektshistorisk Tidsskrift (NST), the periodical of Norsk Slektshistorisk Forening (The Norwegian Genealogical Society) on the internet [url="http://www.genealogi.no/nst_reg/R/r2.htm>http://www.genealogi.no/nst_reg/R/r2.htm I’ve found a reference to Karen Rasmusdatter, married to (g. m.) Hopp:Rasmusd. Karen, g.m. Hopp 11: 59This Hopp must be identical to Jens J. Hopp who is also refered to in NST 11; 59. Jens Jensen Hopp is according to FamilySearch born about 1690 in KragerøJENS JENSEN HOPPES OR HOPP Event(s):Birth: 1690 Of, Kragero, Telemark, NorwayChristening: Death: Burial: --------------------------------------------------and this Jens Jensen was married to Karen Rasmusdatter in 1714 in Kragerø:JENS JENSEN HOPPES OR HOPP Marriages:Spouse: KAREN RASMUSENMarriage: 25 OCT 1714 Kragero, Telemark, Norway--------------------------------------------------In the same volume of NST, page 59, is also mentioned a Elisab. Hopp, married to one Mr. Bang:Bang Jørgen Jac. skibsreder 11: 56, 59Bang Jørgen Jødesen. skipper 11: 59In FamilySearch I’ve found Lisbet Jensdatter, married in 1741 in Kragerø to Jørgen Jødesen Bang.LISBET JENSDR Marriages:Spouse: JORGEN JODESEN BANGMarriage: 04 JAN 1741 Kragero, Telemark, Norway--------------------------------------------------According to FS Elisabeth Jensdatter Hopp was christened on January 2nd, 1719ELISABETH JENSEN HOPP Event(s):Birth: Christening: 02 JAN 1719 Death:Burial: Marriages:Spouse: JORGEN JODESEN BANGMarriage: 04 JAN 1741 Kragero, Telemark, Norway--------------------------------------------------This Elisabeth seems to be the daughter of Jens Jensen Hoppes / Hopp and Karen Rasmusdatter, and if so, is she then the sister to Jens Jensen Hopp., who was married to Anne Marie Larsdatter??JENS HOPP Event(s):Birth: 1732 Kragero, Telemark, NorwayParents:Father: JENS JENSEN HOPPES OR HOPPMother: KAREN RASMUSEN--------------------------------------------------JENS HOP Male Marriages:Spouse: ANNE MARIA LARSDRMarriage: 21 JUN 1756 Kragero, Telemark, Norway--------------------------------------------------Also in NST volume 27, page 47 the Hopp family is mentioned http://www.genealogi.no/nst_reg/H/h10.htmIf you want to get in touch with the Norwegian Genealogical Society or need information, you may to look at this link LenkeIn probate register for Kragerø 1731-1799 I’ve found Lisbet Hopp (wife) LenkeI've also found Jens Hopp, refered to as second son in law (andre svigersønn), married to Anna Maria Larsdatter. This record mentions Maren Ruhlandsdatter and her husbond Lars Gregersen, probably the parents of Anne Marie, and Johannes Larsen, the brother of Anne Marie (?) LenkeHere is also the record of one Jens Jensen Hop from 1797, whose wife is called Anna Maria?. Under “Merknad” (Comment) it is told that this Jens is mentioned as “Iens Iensen Hop Senior”. The relation to Anne Margarethe Hop is “uviss” (uncertain)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Since Maren Thomasdatter had her last child in 1818 (in her second marriage), she seems to have been some years younger than her first husbond, Isak Jensen Hopp, or am I wrong? I just think about how far up in age she might have had her last child. Do'nt you have any ideas about her date / year of birth? Have you found her death / burial in the church records or in any probate records?Grethe F.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lill Ann Parry

Thank you for all the time you spent searching the Hopp family, including the Bang family.I have not been able to find anything on Maren Thomasdatter other than her marriage to her second husband, my 3 gr grandfather. I have nothing on him either. It is like they just appeared out of thin air.I need to rent the films for Kragerø again and see if I can find Maren or Christian Ludvig's death/burial entry to see if there is any additional information to be had.The witnesses for the two children's christenings were not much help. Aase Thomesdatter, Sea Captain Peter Jacobsens kone (Aase Thorsdatter), Karen Torine Larsen jomfru, Jes Johansen (?brother to Christian Ludvig) sea captain, Jørgen Thomsen sea captain, Abraham Jansen sea captain, Johanes Irgens, styrmann.For Wilhelm's christening Sea captain Søren Nielsen's kone, Jomfru Winter, Sea Captain Olsen, Peter Jacobsen, Jørgen Bang.For Isak and Maren's three children: Anne Marie Skipper Beilegaards Kone, Jomf. D...., ? L.P. Larsen and Hr P. Knoph. Maren Elizabeth Skibs.. Erich Bertel Larsens kone, Jmfru Karen Boyesen, Skibs... Peter Lind, Jørgen Madsen, P. Jacobsen and Guldsmed Ferman Qvist. Jens Thomas Hr Inspector Rabsahms? enke, Jomfru Fahro, Ingenier Erich Bertil Larsen, Hr Frederik Høst, Msr Povel Alsing, Msr Micael Rendtler.Lill Ann

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.