Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#26805] Knudsen-brørne - frå Knøsesmuget i Bergen til Amerika - men kvar vart dei av?

Gjest Lars E. Øyane
 Del

Gjest Lars E. Øyane (Luster kommune)

Roger, I am sorry forgot to comment on your latest messages, for which I wish to thank you very much! The Carl and Olga Knudson in Chicago, IL in 1910 just HAVE TO BE ''our'' Carl and Olga, particularly when Carl was listed as a piano finisher. In Norway he was a piano polisher!! So, maybe he is the one who died in 1911 - did you ever check out that death? I presume Olga must have remarried when widowed at the age of 40?Thanks again, Roger, for your great assistance in this matter!Very sincerely yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

The 1911 Carl failed. But Nels and Margaret and the kids are in the 1870 census in Chicago; so all the 1860's births should be in the city. I can check the fiche for Clara and the sisters, after the 1871 fire; but they may not be recorded. Have you found Margaret's birth? ..does she have E. as a middle name? Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars E. Øyane (Luster kommune)

Thank you very much, Roger, for ''clearing up'' my problem with Johanna's birth. I don't need to identify her parents or brothers and sisters since they, as far as I know, have no connection to Luster Co., Norway. Johanna's middle name is missing, but I doubt we'll ever find out what that O. stands for, unless Chicago church records showing her baptism can be located...Carl and Olga thus remain a real ''challenge''. They are nowhere to be found in 1920 or 1930, so it may seem like Carl died prior to 1920, OR they moved out of the country!? We know they were back in Oslo in 1900, and I wonder; could they have returned to Oslo some time after 1910? Is it possible to find Carl and/or Olga in any Chicago city directories? I presume he would be easily identified with such a ''special'' occupation!?Thanks again for your great assistance in this matter, and Good Luck in any additional research efforts that you may make!Very sincerfely yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.