Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#26987] Halstein Olsen , 1752 - Østerdal, Hedmark

Gjest Robert Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert Evensen

I'm trying to find Halstein Olsen who was born 1752 in Østerdal, Hedemark and dies 1836 in Feiring, Akershus. What bygdebok should I be looking at to learn more about his origins in Hedemark? I have found his family in Feiring.Hilsen, Robert Evensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars E. Öyane

Robert, beyond your question, but still...: I am ''hunting'' for an Ole Halstenson born sometime in the 1780/1790 time span, whose origin I just cannot find anywhere in Norway.Would your Halsten Olson by any chance have a son named Ole, and do you know what became of him?Thanks a million!Very sincerely yours,Lars E. Oyane

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Lars,To the best of my knowledge he only had three daughters, Berthe, Anne and Marthe Halsteinsdatters.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristin Jensen

Hi Robert !I hope someone can help you here. I think 'Østerdal' is a big valley (Østerdalen), with many small places.If we can find the place, I will go to the arcives and look there.:o) Kristin i Oslo

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Paul Thode

Hi Robert. According to FS you have 2 possible candidates from Elverum with the name you are seeking. Elverum is at the 'bottom' of Østerdalen.The birthdate does not correspond with what you write, but from the age given in 1801 and the age given at his death it can be anywere between 1752 and 1757 pluss and minus.1. Halstein Olsen, chr. 1753.12.16, father Ole Olsen.2. Halstein Olsen, chr. 1753.03.25, father Ole Pedersen and mother Kirsti Halvorsdtr.This of course have to be checked in the church-records for Elverum.Paul

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Mange takk Paul! I appreciate your efforts. I will try to find the records and see if one of them is the correct Halsten Olsen. I have been learning so much reading the Feirings historie, so if I can trace him, my family history will be significantly increased.Hilsen, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Trond Bækkevold

Halsten Olsen bapt. March 25th 1753, dies in Elverum January 27th, 1818. He is Husmann at Nøtåsen, but had earlier been enlisted soldier. He can be found in Elverum bygdebok vol.6, page 75. Hilsen Trond

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristin  Jensen

Hei Trond ! Lurte bare på hvilke detaljer som gjorde at du valgte han av disse to over?Jeg har tenkt meg på biblioteket i morgen for å lete i anbefalt bygdebok og kirkebok.Hi Robert ! I think I try the libery tomorrow. I just asked Trond for some details.Mvh Kristin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ronny Rismyhr Haugen

Halsten Olsen bapt. Des. 16, 1753 in Elverum (son of Ola Olsen Sætern), died at the age of 7 months and was burried July 7, 1754 in Elverum.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Thanks to everyone for your help. I guess this eliminates the two Halstein Olsen's from Elverum as my ancestor, since my Halstein Olsen dies 1836 in Fagernæseie, Feiring.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Paul Thode

Robert.This Bygdebok for Feiring, vol. 4, pag.265, says if I am correct:'Her parents were Margrethe Nilsdtr from Flesvik and Halsten Olsen from Østerdalen, Halsteinsrud at Fagernes'It has been stated earlier that they were married in 1788. FS, IGI, says they were married 1788.05.22 in Hurdal, Akershus.The bygdebok does not mention Hedemark. Could Østerdalen be a local name in the Feiring/Hurdal area? There can also be a fault in the bygdebok.May be wise for someone to check the original source for the wedding in Hurdal, and the 'in' and 'out' for the same parish if so exists.May be this is already done?Paul

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Paul, These are good ideas. No I have not checked the marriage record to see if there is additional information. When someone leaves the parish, is it recorded?Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Paul Thode

Hei Robert.In some churchrecords you will find 'in-roosters'= tilgangslister and 'out-roosters' = avgangslister. But in others from the same time-period you will not find it. I do not know about these records, but there migth be someone out there that knows.Paul

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
Gjest Kristin Berthelsen

Hi Robert!I was in the archiv today and looked for Halstein Olsen. I only find this: In the churchrecords for Hurdal: Married May 22 1788 Halstein Olsen and Margrethe Nilsdatter, both Flesvig. Vitnes Hans Monsrud and Hans Melbye.Hilsen Kristin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Paul Thode

Hei Robert. In your first question you says: born 1752 in Østerdalen, Hedemark?Is this from the 'Bygdebok', or is it from church-records where his childs births are recorded?. It is not mentioned in the church-records concerning marriges that Kristin just have checked.Is this bygdebok old? May be it is possible to contact the author to check his sources?Could there be a probate-record after his wifes mother or father that tells where Halsteen is from.I do not know when her(Margrethe Nieldtrs) father died, but her mother(Marthe Hansdtr) was as the record says, 70 years in 1801.May be somebody knows??Paul

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristin Berthelsen

I tried to find the death of Nils Flesvig.I looked for the firstname Nils, because I don't think his name was Flesvig, but he called himself this from the place he lived.If we could find out what his surname (fathers name) was, maybe we can find himMvh Kristin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Hei Paul and Kristin,Thank you for your efforts. All my information is from the Feirings historie. I do not have access to the local church records.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.