Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#27100] Relatives of Olga Solberg

Gjest Nancy Wright
 Del

Gjest Nancy Wright

I am looking for relatives of Olga Solberg. She emigrated to Alberta, Canada in 1928. I believe she was born in or near Frogn, around 1893-95. Her father's name was Anton.If you have any information that may help me please email me.Thank you! Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

Hello Nancy, i found this registration in the emmigration files. She was born 23 june 1894 and her homestead was Droebak in AkershusI haven't found her in the 1900 census yet...regards ArildLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

Hello again... Her last name Solberg...i do not find any olga with this last mane in the sensus, so my opinion is that has yaken this lastmane from a place where she was living . She were about 34 years when she emmigrated from Norway.Arild

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Thank you all for the information. I have viewed the Canadian immigration records before, and they state Olga's father as Anton Sonja. I think maybe the last name is a mistake? I'm curious about the first link to Olga Solberg, born in the correct year (1894) in Aas. I do not know where that is - is that near Drobak? If so, maybe this is the correct family. I'm unable to translate some of the details unfortunately as I do not understand Norwegian.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

As you can see in the enclosed lenke you will find all names Drøbak, ASS and Frogn The site is at english and if you zoom out you will fin the where it is in NorwayLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

Fattigunderstøttelse mean that the person are taken care of by the public sosial in the way that the persom has been plced with a family that's able to feed them and want to to so.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Wow! Thank you Arild for all this information! Not to worry about the spelling ha ha. It seems likely that the enty for Olga born in 1894 in Aas is the correct family! When I saw the map I had tears in my eyes! Now I have some more information to go on.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

It just nice to help you as a amateur to anotherAs i sead ealier, i think that ther has to be a connection between Anton A Solberg and Olaves Solberg.Let's hope that there are som oyhter people that can find out it for you.arild

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

What is the Norwegian word for 'uncle'? I'm curious if Olga listed her uncle Anton in the immigration records instead of her father. He is listed as being born in 1826 so he may have been dead when she immigrated in 1928. Although - the woman who looks like her mother was age 53 when Olga was born - maybe these are her grandparents?? I'm now confused.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

Hello again..I see... You has been watching at the lenke wher Olga is listed with Olaves and Karen. Karen is born in 1841, ...53 years in 1894.. these two person are NOT her parents, because at Olga is mamed as a FL that means a poor person 'fattiglem' at norwegian.I believe that Anton A Solberg in the next lenke has placed Olga to his 'brother's' household.Anton were probably not able to feed her.This is what i believeThe norwegian wored for uncle is 'onkel'

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Ah yes, that makes complete sense - as it looks like Olga and her brother who were twins (both born in 1894) were both sent to this couple to be raised. Would that make sense to you? In the link to Anton and his wife, they have many children - so when the twins were born they just could not handle two at the same time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

As you can see in lenke for Antho, his is married with Otilie born in 1861 and she can be Olgas mother...??? AS you see , they have many childrens and it was often that way that the family maybe could not feed anyone more, so perhaps other relative family hada better opportunity to do that. That can also be a explenation.arild

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

I found Anton A. Solberg in Frogn at the farm solberg søndre 'southern part of Solberg'He is her unmarried and helping his father at the farm and you have now 7 sisters and brother of Anton tothe parents are born in Vestby, that also is a place close to the others.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

I have som bad newa to.. i do not finay bydgebøker or churchbooks at tne net. sorry Some other people has to help you with that...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Thank you Arild. This is facinating! I'm also interested to find children and grandchildren of Olga's brothers and sisters. You see, Olga was my grandmother, but I only found out a year ago. My mother was dying and finally told us about who her birth mother was. Olga got pregnant and gave my mother up for adoption. I'm curious to find any living relatives in Norway - or anywhere.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Just a comment to (16).The abbrevation 'FL' in the 1900-census, is not short for fattiglem, or pauper in English.I don't think anyone would call a 6 yr old girl for that! :-) She wouldn't have had any chances to make money yet...FL is short for a lodger, but belonging to the family. (not necessarily related).Norwegian: losjerende, hørende til familien (ikke nødvendigvis slektning)Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.