Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#27100] Relatives of Olga Solberg

Gjest Nancy Wright
 Del

Gjest Nancy Wright

Thank you Jan. I note in the entry these words: Tilføyd med blyant i Erhverv: fors. af SkræddermesterCan someone translate that for me please? Thanks!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

It's a note from the origianl census.It says:Added with pencil: Being supported by the tailor (Olaves Solberg).Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

That is quite OK, Arild. I appreciate all the information from both of you.I realize this is not the forum for finding living relatives - do you have any suggestions for where I would look to find them?Thanks again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

Hi Nancy, congratulations to you!!If you see here you will see the directory for Norway. Write Solberg for last name, and Frogn(or Drøbak if you want)for place.http://www.gulesider.no/gsi/whiteSearchFront.doIt is about 45 persons with that name in this area. Note that we have Å and that is the same as Aa, like Aagot.(And possibly the person with first letter Å is a grand child of Aagot...)I`m quite sure that some of this is your relatives.Greetings from Mariann.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Mariann,Thank you! What a fantastic website. I have sent a post card to Aage for 15 (krone?) so I wait to see. Is the SMS service like instant messaging? Is that a way to contact people for free?Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Hi Arild,Thank you for the currency conversion :) I think I will hold off on SMS as I don't want to call someone's mobilphone who I don't know. Do you know if I could send a text message that way?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva McKenna

Hello Nancy,Now, I don't want to pull the rug from under your feet, but just to backtrack a little.You have found Olga b.1894 Drøbak, living with her relative, tailor Olaus Solberg b. 1826 Frogn (or Froen as used to be spelt) and his second wife Karen Johanne Kristensdatter b.1841 in Hurum.According to Ås Gårdshistorie I, pg.646, under Solbergstua, Klommestein, which is where Olga is found at the FT1900, Olaus Solberg was the son of Torkild Olsen, tailor and under-officer (like an NCO), from Berg in Frogn.Olaus Torkildsen Solberg was married 1860 to Anne Kirstine b.ca 1839, daughter of Torer Mikkelsen Ottarsrudbråten in Frogn.Olaus and Anne Kirstine had 2 children, Maren Emilie b.1862, and Torvald b.1866.Anne Kirstine must have died ca 1871, as that is the date of the probate .Olaus marries again in 1871. The bride is Karen Johanne, daughter of Kristen Andersen in Hurum.Olaus and Karen Johanne have the following children, the twins Agnes and Elida b.1872, Olga b.ca 1874, Karl Oscar b.1877.In 1903 Olaus Solberg handed over the farm to his son Oscar Solberg, who died in 1909.The unmarried Agnes, living with her brother Oscar at FT1900 [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f00301.wc2&gardpostnr=8434&personpostnr=227795&merk=227795#ovre>LenkeIn 1865 I found Olaus Thørkildsen at Holter Eiet in FrognLenkeI then turned to Frogn Gårdshistorie, to check out the info above, as well as the links posted prevoiusly.The Anton A Solberg at

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Thanks Jan,I have tried to register to send SMS but have had a problem - I have contacted the customer service so I wait to see if they can fix it. Meanwhile - could someone translate for me please? What do 'Jordbrugsarbeide' and 'Gaardbruger' mean? They are in the census as related to Olga's father and siblings.Thank you! Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Thanks Jan for the link - that's a good resource for me! Also thanks for the translation.Eva, you have been busy! Thanks to you for your hard work. I'm thinking that Olaves and Anton are not brothers, as in another entry in the 1865 census, (the link is above in message 22), Anton's last name is Abrahamsen, and does not have any brothers by that name. Maybe they are cousins?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Hi Eva,Thank you for this information. Not having the records to check makes it harder for me. I will need to go to a Family History Library (Mormon) to request to check the church records for Aas.Can you tell me why Anton's middle initial is listed as A when in the book his last name starts with another letter? Do you think I might be looking at the wrong family?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva McKenna

Yes, you've got it!Your Olga was Olga Antonsdatter (Antonsdaughter) Solberg, although the use of patronymics started to fizzle out just after the 1870's. She would probably just (ever)have been Olga Solberg.On the other hand, the Olga b.1874, was Olga Olausdatter Solberg, by 1900, just Olga Solberg, as she was unmarried. On FT1900, married women were shown with their married name. It becomes trickier to find them, unless you know who they married!To go to the FHL is going to be the best course, I think. Unless you can get someone to do a look-up at Ås (Aas), Akershus (which is the county or fylke).[url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titlefilmnotes&columns=*%2C0%2C0&titleno=81759&disp=Kirkeb%C3%B8ker++>Lenke Frognand

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Thanks a lot, Eva.I have a question about the films. Some have the heading 'Dopte', and also 'Viede' and Konfirmerte', and so on. How do I know which ones to view?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

Hi again NancyAre you asking for what it means...? However: Dopte is cristened Viede is married Konfirmerte is confirmation Foreldres navn is Parents names Bosted is living at place

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Yes, that is what I was wondering - thank you.I'm curious now since the Anton Solberg in 22 above is not Olga's father, but as in 36: Anton A Solberg is really Anton Wilhelm, son of Andreas Halvorsen Solberg 1805-1876. I have been trying to find either one in the census but have not been successful. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to find either one?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva McKenna

Konfirmerte Kl.b. 1 1901-1918 (Frogn) FHL INTL Film 1283002 Item 2For some reason the 2 links in 43 turned out to be the same. Try LenkeKonfirmerte Kl.b. 4 1902-1915 (Ås) FHL INTL Film 1283014 Item 3.You will, of course, get a load more records than just confirmations on each film. Make sure you go right to the end of the film however, even after it says END! They can be right pains!I used the FHL when we lived in England. The cost to rent each film was £3.50. You then had the use of each film for 3 months. The downside was that it could take 3 months for the films to come from Utah! Must be quicker to Canada though?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Thanks Eva,I think the first one is the Anton I'm looking for. I'm not sure who the second one is?I wonder how I can find his father, Andreas Halvorsen Solberg 1805-1876. I tried looking in the digital archive but I was not successful.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva McKenna

Hi again Nancy,Andreas Halvorsen Solberg at FT1865 LenkeI would NOT assume that Anton Andreassen Solberg is Olga's father, without checking the records.1. Olga is the daughter of an Anton.2. Olga COULD have got her Solberg name from her 'step' father Olaves/Olaus Torkildsen at Solberg, where she assumably grew up.Regards, Eva Mc

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.