Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#27100] Relatives of Olga Solberg

Gjest Nancy Wright
 Del

Gjest Nancy Wright

Hi Eva,I see - thanks for the clarification. Thanks also for the FHL numbers - hopefully it won't take too long to get here! I will have to check them to be certain about Olga's family.Cheers, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

i am agree with Eva...i wonder... could you make a copy of the record that you found in the immigration record in canada and copy it it in here.With scanning you have to make an new theme.arild

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Thanks for the suggestion. I copied the records from microfiche, so they aren't very clear. I don't think they will scan very well. The information was typed, so I will print what they say instead, tonight when I get home from work ;)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

I have copies of Olga's Canadian immigration records in front of me. She lists her name as Olga Solberg, age 33, Single, from Frogn, Norway. It is written her occupation in Norway was a domestic, and she was headed to Busby, Alberta. She listed a brother-in-law by the name of Ole Naevra as the person who she was joining in Canada. My relatives from Busby do not know of this man. Her nearest relative in Norway is listed as her father, Anton Sonju, in Frogn.I note in the records below Olga's name a family with the surname Sonju, with a son called Anton. Quite a coincidence...Any ideas?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

Hi, NancyI were lookingin the emmigration files again, and found 2 person that had the lastmane Nævra. They were emmigrated in 1888 and the destination was Washburn. i do not know where this is. USA or Canada? I don't know if these two men has any common with Ole Nævra that yoy hav einformation aboutAs you says, Ole was the brother in law to Olga. I supose that his Parent has emmigrated from Norway. It coul be one of these two men that you will find the lenke.This is a shoot in the darkness...http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva McKenna

There is nobody with the surname of Sonju in Norway today. However, there are 174 with the surname of SØNJU!According to the telephone directory, most of them seem to be around the Buskerud and Vestfold area.On FT1900 Lenkethere is even an Anton Sønju!It would be interesting to hear where the people listed after Olga on the immigration record hail from.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello!It looks like Anders Antonsen Sønjum in the emigrant protocoll (58), is the same person who is mentioned in ft 1900 (57) as son of Anton and Marianne Sønju (both born 1868). Could it be that these are the parents of Olga? Lenkesincerely Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

Her you have the list of people with last name as sønju. It is 17. The one that is mentioned above (58) emmigrated from Norway 07 july 1915 and he was born 29 march 1894 Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello!If this Anton Sønju was Olga's father, then Anders Sønju who emigrated at the same time as Olga was her brother and the young Anton Sønju born 1920 was her nephew.Olga could then have taken the surname Solberg after the place she grew up (olaus Solberg).On family search I also find a person named Andrew Sonjo born 1892 and died 1984, it could perhaps be the same Anders Sonjum:Andrew SONJU Birth Date: 28 Jul 1892 Death Date: Jan 1984 Social Security Number: 338-09-3513 State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Illinois Actual Death Residence: Europe Death Residence Localities ZIP Code: XX

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

In (54) , you are sying that here father is Anton and that she should have a brother with name Anton.In (59) , it is a family with the mane Sønju an a father Anton and son with name AntonWhat i don't understand is , why isn't Olga named in the Ft1900 as their chlld???Arild

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello!It could be that Olga Solberg born 1894 who lives with Olaves and Karen Solberg (5) is the right one. She is then mentioned at the place where she lived in 1900, not together with her parents.Olaves and Karen could also be in family with Olga some way, and took care of Olga, which also is mentioned here before. Then she used their surename. Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello!I think this must be Olaves and his first wife in 1865 census Lenkealso see (36) here.Is it posible to find out something about the family of Olaves and his wife? Could it be a connection to the Sonjum family?Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

In (58) I used the correct Link but a wrong name!Anton M. left for Wisconsin in 1915 Lenke(To Arild (60) you can not link to a search you have chose one person at a time.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Hi Everyone,I note in the records above that Anders was born in 1892 (son of Anton and Marianne), and Anton was born in March, 1894. Olga was also born in 1894 (June) and in the 1900 census she appears with the Solberg family and a boy also born in 1894. It appears to be a twin brother. I don't think they are related to Anton and Marianne since the children are born so close together. Also, Olga listed her birthplace as Frogn, not Son.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva McKenna

Hi Nancy,No, not a lot of good jumping to conclusions really.I am sure it is right that Olga was born in Frogn (Froen/Fron)I am not sure where you get Son from? Typo? The Sønjus are from Øvre Eiker, BuskerudIt is very strange that your family in Canada had not heard of the name Sønju/Sonju, if indeed Olga was related to all the Sonju people arriving on the same ship.Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice!I look forward to hearing what you find out from the confirmation record! Had I not been 2 hrs away from Oslo, I would have gone to the archives myself to find out! This intrigues me now!Regards, Eva McRegards

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Hi Eva,Oops - my mistake. When looking at the records from the link in (59) I misunderstood Yrke for farm, not the relationship (son). I'm still confused about that family, though. How could they have three children born in the same year - one in March and two in June?My family didn't know anything about Olga's family except that her mother had passed away before aged 50.I will go to request the records soon - I'm very curious now, too!Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva McKenna

Hi Nancy,I have a wonderful aunt in Oslo, who went along to the archives for you! Unfortunately the copy machine had been removed for repair, so she was unable to get copies of the following. Christenings Ås 189402 Ås Mini I 9 1881 - 1900 Fich 3/11 s. 67 nr. 10 Født 22.06. 1894 døpt 22.07.1894 OLGAForeldre: Skræddersvend Karl Henriksen, ugift, og Agnes Olavesd. Foreldres bopæl han Kristiania (x), hun Klommestenbråten. Han født 1875, hun 1873.Faddere: Klara Karlsen, Theodora Jansen Drøbak, Karl Hansen og Thoulow Karl, arbeidere - uægte.Anmerkning (x) 'Hjørnet af Pilestrædet og Akersgaden og (theobr.gd.?) Reist udenlands (se ASJ No. 19/94). Anmeldt af (Bedattfordnemannen?) Drøbak.TranslatesÅs Mini = Ås Ministerial church record = the record penned by the vicar.Born 22.06. 1894 Christened 22.07.1894 OLGA Parents: Tailors journeyman Karl Henriksen, unmarried, and Agnes Olavesd. Parents residence; he Kristiania (x), she Klommestenbråten. He born 1875, she 1873.Godparents: Klara Karlsen etc...Thoulow Karl, workers - illegitimateNote (x) 'Corner of Pilestrædet and Akersgaden and (theobr.gd.??) (streets in Oslo.) Gone abroad (see ASJ No. 19/94). Reported by (Bedattfordnemannen??) Drøbak Don't know what ASJ No. refers to. Don't know who unreadable Bedattfordnemannen was, perhaps something along the lines of CSA - child support agency- today?Confirmation Ås 190802 Ås Mini I 10 1900 - 1918 Fich 4/10 s. 118 nr. ikke noe. Etter nr. 22 kommer 2 konf. i Drøbak og 2 i Frogn. Olga i Frogn.04.10.1908 konfirmert i Frogn OLGA KARLSEN. Født 22.06.1894, døpt 22.07.1894. Fødested Klommestenbraaten. Bopæl: Klommestenbraaten. Foreldre: Karl Henriksen Solberg - Agnes Olavesdtr.. Vaksinert 28.09.1898. 'Meget godt + ' 02 Ås Mini I 10 1900 - 1918 Fich 4/10 s. 118 nr. no number. After entry no. 22, 2 conf. in Drøbak and 2 in Frogn. Olga was confirmed in Frogn.04.10.1908 confirmed in Frogn OLGA KARLSEN. Born 22.06.1894, christened 22.07.1894. Place of birth Klommestenbraaten. Place of residence: Klommestenbraaten. Parents: Karl Henriksen Solberg - Agnes Olavesdtr.. Vaccinated (against smallpox) 28.09.1898. 'Meget godt + ' Olga's marks for her confirmation examination was 'Very Good + ' (She must have been a bright button, and liked by the vicar)Klommestensbråten, a cotters place under the farm Klommesten in Ås. The northern part of which was transferred to the farm Løkkedal in Frogn in 1804. Solbergstua, as in (36) above, is as you know another cotters place under Klommestein.aa = å, in modern day norwegiansten = stein = stoneThere is no doubt that this is the birth, christening and confirmation of your Olga.Why she used Anton Sonju as a fathers name to get her into Canada, will remain a mystery. Kind regards, Eva Mc

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Eva,I'm overwhelmed at your Aunt's generosity for checking the archives for me, and writing all of this down. Please thank her for me! Also, thanks to you for telling me all of this. Olga listed her birthdate as June 23 rather than June 22. Do you think that makes any difference regarding the records? It is puzzling why she put Anton Sonju as her father's name. The name she listed as her brother in law is also someone who never lived in the community she went to. Perhaps she wanted to be anonymous?Do you get the sense from the records that Olga's parents were ever married? Or, that she was probably sent to live with the couple in As? So it seems that she was born in As, christened there, recored in the 1900 census in As, and then confirmed in 1908 in Frogn. Does that mean she had moved and was living in Frogn in 1908?I still have questions! Thanks again, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik,

Hello!Was Olga's mother Agnes Olavesdatter then the daughter of Olaves Solberg and his second wife Karen Johanne, the twin Agnes born 1872? (see 36 here). Then she was living with her grandparents in 1900.Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

Hi, NancyI have a question about (72)I do not find any Agnes in the area of AS in the Ft1900????... and ido not find the link betwen Olaves and Agnes in the Ft1865???regards Arild

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Hi Arild,Up in (36) there is a link to the 1900 census for Kristiania that shows Agnes living (unmarried) with her brother Oscar.I read somewhere that Kristiania is the former name for a place, but I've forgotten the new name. So, I don't know where this is.Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik,

Hi Nancy!Christiania is the old name of Oslo. Aril.The link from Olaves to Agnes is in number 36 Eva McKenna writes there:'According to Ås Gårdshistorie I, pg.646, under Solbergstua, Klommestein, which is where Olga is found at the FT1900, Olaus Solberg was the son of Torkild Olsen, tailor and under-officer (like an NCO), from Berg in Frogn.......Olaus and Karen Johanne have the following children, the twins Agnes and Elida b.1872, Olga b.ca 1874, Karl Oscar b.1877.In 1903 Olaus Solberg handed over the farm to his son Oscar Solberg, who died in 1909.The unmarried Agnes, living with her brother Oscar at FT1900. mvh Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.