Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#27230] Emigrert 1903 – med i folketellinger i Chicago??

Gjest Nina Stenvall
 Del

Gjest Roger Thauland

Jon, thats the right family(but the link failed--perhaps it works on different computers); just now i must get on with my day; your summary is vital to me--i did not understand about returning to Norway; i can use the Elma/Alma and Jensen names--but later; and there is an Arvid Anderson/sen related somehow. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

This is fantastic! Two days ago I didn´t know whether Conrad moved to USA or not, and today I know that he lived in Chicago, was married and had children! Thank you very much, Roger, for what you sent over by mail!!! And thanks to Jon for your helpfulness as well!Carl Laurits and Masine had 11 children! Not all grew up. This is my husband´s family, and Carl Ludvig Larsen was his grandfather. The others who grew up stayed in Norway like him. Only Laura and Konrad emigrated and stayed in USA.1. PEDER ADOLF LARSEN (1867-1868) 2. CHRISTIAN AUGUST LARSEN (1870-1890) 3. LAURA MARIE LARSEN (1872-1874) 4. CARL LUDVIG LARSEN (1875-1926) 5. LAURA MARIE LARSEN (1877-?) 6. GUNDA PAULINE LARSEN (1879-1965) 7. ALBERT MARINIUS LARSEN (1880-1910) 8. KONRAD MARTIN LARSEN (1883-1961) 9. JØRGEN VILHELM LARSEN (1885-1939) 10. MAREN LARSEN (1887-1953) 11. KRISTIAN AUGUST LARSEN (1890-1937)Jon, could you give me a link to US Census if possible??Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Jon, was a street address shown? It would help in using city book film. The Laura above is doubtful; and Conrad's ashes were given to the family it seems, not buried at Elm Lawn and no Mary there; so Elsie's obit might be important in finding family who may have the info. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

Conrad and Mary Larsen in Chicago:In Census 1920 - #3907 Cicero AvenueIn Census 1930 - #4220 Milwaukee AvenueIn City Directory 1928 - #4220 Milwaukee Avenue - Look here: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

The same day Laura emigrates from Oslo in 1903 there is a Mark Jensen, too... He is 43 and lives in America. I can´t find him at Ellis Island, so perhaps he arrived in Boston, too??And there is a Alma Larsen, 42, going with SS Oscar II from Christiania July 12th 1907, arriving in New York July 23rd . She brings her children, Sofie (14), Norman (11) and Alf (7). All born in Fredrikshald (Halden), and that was their last permanent residence, too. They were going to join Alma´s husband, Ludvig Larsen. His address is (I´m not sure...) 201 A. May. St. Chicago, Ill.Could her husband be Ludvig Larsen, 35, sailing from Chrsand S (Kristiansand) February 24th 1900, arriving in New York March 7th 1900. His last residence was Fred.Hall! (Fredrikshald). His brother in Chicago payed his passage, and Ludvig is going to him. No name, and I can´t read the address....Could any of this help locating Laura??? But I still can´t see how they´re related..Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

Nina, You are sooo right!Mark Jensen 43 yrs. old arrives in Boston, Massachusettes March 29th 1903 on the 'Ulltonia' (on the same day, and on the same ship as Laura Larsen and Carl Larsen.) Together with Mark we find Jenny Jensen (male!) 16 years old. (Probably the same person as the Jenny Larsen who left Oslo together with laura and Carl.) It is said that Jenny is going to 'friend Mark Jensen' - and then this is crossed out - and it sais 'father'. Mark lives at 713 W. Chicago avenue, chicago Illinois. Mark Jensen has a remark: 'Cook co. Ill. June 22/01'.Maybe we have found the wrong Laura Larsen?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

This is getting more and more confusing.I´m having more and more trouble believing it is the right Laura Larsen we have found in 1903.....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

Thank you Roger for sending the obit of Anna Louise Knudsen. She must be a daughter of Ludvik and Alma Larsen, born in USA. But I can´t see how they are related to Konrad and Laura...Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

I still think Laura is the right Laura.... I was at the Library today and found that MY Laura (with the right birth date and address...) emigrated in 1903!! She was registrated in Berg parish.There was another Laura Larsen going the same year, registrated in Halden. I found her birth/baptism and the names of her parents, but they were unknown to me. And this one was 5 years older. She was 30 when she emigrated. MY Laura was 25...Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

Wonderful! WHEN in 1903 did you find her in the Church records? Did you find anything about Carl Ferdinand Larsen? or Jenny Jensen?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

Hmmm, how to cover it all: have not found Laura, or maybe i have a tiny clue: in the 1908 city there is a Larson at 344 Center, a clk bds; bds means 'boards', i suspose. Ludwig is a 'carp' at 3575 N Clark. In 1904 Ludwig is a 'lab' at 201 N May. In 1905 there is a Ludwig at 538 Castello, near the May address, i believe. In 1905 Conrad seems to be at 6316 Jeffersen, and no Mark, but Clara, (a stripper!!) and Jennie, (a teacher !!) are found. I need to explore the city films in much detail. So who is Clara you ask...maybe Jennie/jenny's sister, about 5 years older than Jennie. Born Nor, Nor father, Swe mother?. These sisters in the 1930 need to be studied, might not be the right girls.(has a different job! Both single) Clara, of 1856 N Sawyer Av is the informant for the Oct 10, 1923 death of Marinius Jensen, of 3224 Wabansia Av, divorced from Charlotte, born Dec 23, 1858, a self-employed carpenter contractor, born Fredrishald to Jens Jensen and unknown mother from the same place. Buried Mt. Olive. Nina might try writing to the cemetery for any info and the dead dates/ages of all the other Jensens i've listed; then we can follow up more focused, i suggest. (Mark is in the 1920, same address, age 59; and likely Marcus in the 1910, age 46, at 1753 Fairfield--both as single) I see a Jenny, born 28 June 1887, in ssdi, perhaps? I did not find Conrad's marriage in the male index of Cook county, might look at the female to be sure. Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

Thanks for the last obit, too, Roger! But I´m confused and can´t follow any longer... Why this focus on Jensen family if they´re not related to Laura and Konrad Larsen??? I don´t understand....Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Roger Thauland

Hard to know what might turn up--just now i await film for a Laura, 2 Almas and a Ludwig. If you wish to spend $17 (10 for IL, 7 for Molly K) the d/c for Conrads' wife likely will be found in Illinois state records, and that may lead to her obit, and perhaps some clue about Conrads burial or non-burial. Molly does IL lookups, the d/c's to about 1984 are available for the entire state, but only in a Springfield office (at this time). Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 5 uker senere...
Gjest Nina Stenvall

Roger, is it anything I can do to try to find out more about Larsen family? Don´t you think there are any descendants of Konrad Martin Larsen still living? You have given me the names of three grandchildren. Russell Larsen, the son of Harry Larsen – could you possibly trace him? I find a Russell E Larsen in Marengo (at Switchboard) - could it be him?? And Gerald Grimes, the son of Elsie Larsen – Intelius has a Gerald R Grimes, 59 years, in Illinois. But I don´t find any Gerald at Switchboard, so therefore I don´t have an address. Could you advice me, please?? I don´t understand all you have written... I don´t know what d/c is for example... If I came in contact with an ancestor of Konrad Martin Larsen – then perhaps I could get some information of Laura as well... Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathy Bergan Schmidt

D/c is Roger's abbreviation for death certificate. And I looked at the Boston Passenger List and saw that the notation at the end of the entry for Mark Jensen was the date and court where he got his U.S. citizenship -- Superior Court of Cook County, Illinois, on 22 June 1901. That makes it easy to locate that record but I don't know if that will provide any new information.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

thank you, Kathy. I think finding Mary via Molly is a good idea. I do not see Gerald, his wife is Carol, i think. I like the Russell E who died in Tucson, 2 feb 2003, because of Elsie in 1995; i could try to obtain the obits from public libraries or via usgenwewb help. I (or you) could ask St. Josephs cemetery for Grimes family info, thats where Raymond is, and other Grimes family, per Trib obits. Wasn't someone at Acadia (spelling!?) cemetery? We could ask them to look at various contracts for clues to names/addresses of relatives. So far no luck with the films...i have looked at some possible Laura marriages and most have failed...will post some of that detail later..try Molly i say, Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Stenvall

Thanks to Kathy and Roger! And Roger, I don´t know what you mean when you advice me to “try Molly”.... Who (or what?) is Molly???Before I “try Molly” I will contact for Grimes info at St. Joseph´s cemetery as you suggest. But my problem then is which one?? I find three by that name! One in River Grove, a second one in Round Lake and a third one in Wilmette. Do you know which one I should write to first? Raymond Grimes is there, so perhaps I can find his wife Elsie there as well. And hopefully more information about family...Harry Larsen is at Acacia Park. I have one address in Chicago, and I will send a letter there as well. Nina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Thauland

I've asked someone to look for the Tucson, AZ obits, it might take awhile; Molly ( a lady ! ) is mentioned in #42 above; i could make the request; forgot that i gave her website in someone else's item, she is at www.mollx.com Roger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.