Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#27602] Bernt Falstad born abt. 1866

Gjest Nancy Fostervold Halvorson
 Del

There is someone looking for the birthplace and parents names for Bernt Falstad born April 1866 somewhere in Norway.(according to the 1900 census, it also stated he came in 1891 and was naturalized). He was a lodger at the Larson home in Irving township, Kandiyohi county, Minnesota and died in 1906 saving his employer's sons life. I did find a Bernt G. that came over in 1892 at the age of 25 His obituary stated he also had a brother living near Valley City, North Dakota, possibly named Ole I. or Ellef S. I don't know if there were any other siblings. Does anyone know this family? Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

It depends which info you can trust ...I found this guy Lenke with homestead Ekne leaving in 1891. Falstad is an area at Ekne.He is somewhat young but should be checked.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Astrid Ryen

I did not find any Bernt Falstad in the emigrant lists (checked Trondheim and Oslo) but I did find this Ellef G Falstad (Bernt's brother?) emigrating from T. heim in 1905. LenkeEllef G. Falstad is to be found on Ellis as Elaf Falstad, arriving in 1905, a US citizen. Like you I also found Bernt G. Falstad there, but I could find him in the manifest.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Berit nr 4: Bernt 1865 and Ellef 1875 is interesting, beacause Innlegget nedre is 'plads' under Falstad nedre at Ekne.In the 'bygdebok' Skogn Historie VIII I find that Gunder Johannessen b 1834 Åsen and Sigridanna Børresdatter, Vestrumsvald b 1836 Vuku (Verdal), were living at Innlegget nedre, Falstad nedre and had these children: Johan Marius b 1862, Ellef b 1867, Paul Severin b 1869, Gine Sofie b 1871 and Rasmus Albert b 1874. No Bernt mentioned in the bygdebok, but they sure had one Bernt in 1865!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I had some good luck last night and found a daughter of Ellef and Petra. She remembered hearing the story of Bernt's death and that indeed he was Ellef's brother. Bernt died the same year Ellef went back to Norway to get Petra.With a bit more searching, I did find a tree on Genealogy.com with the family listed (More so for Petra). Here's what this person had listed for the family. Gunnar Johansen Falstad 1834-1917 + Sigrid Anna Borresdatter 1835-1908 children1. Elef 1867-1957 + Petra Hamstad2. Rasmus + Emma3. Paul +Paulene4. Gina + Nils Gasdel5. Bernt 18666. Johan + Marie Hamstad7. Ellef 1867-1936 + Petra Hamstad 1885-1959(they have Ellef listed twice with different death dates, 1936 I believe is the correct date) --- Thank you for all the replies, now in reply:- to Tor, I don't think this is the right Bernt- to Astrid, Ellef did go back to Norway and brought back Petra Hamstad (who is listed on the record) she became his wife. I wonder who the Alred Falstad born 1979 is, could it be Rasmus Albert born 1874?- to Berit, 1st link 'seems' right, except this Bernt is already 2 in 1865, could there have been 2 Bernts? 2nd link this Bernt the year is right, but, parents names are wrong. 3rd link is correct- to Arnstein, this appears to be the correct family----- Where exactly is Ekne located? Could someone please explain this to me? Innlegget nedre is 'plads' under Falstad nedre at Ekne, that Arnstein wrote about.Thank you, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Bygdebok: Rasmus Albert b 1874 policeman in Oslo, married to Emma Falstad from Innlegget øvre. They bought Innlegget øvre.Ekne is near to Levanger (in Levanger kommune) - in Trøndelag (in the middle of Norway).People at Innlegget were cotters='plads'. 'Nedre' means the farm that lays down the hill. 'Øvre' means up the hill.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Bygdebok: Alfred Olbert Falstad b 1879 m to Mette Johannesdatter Mjøsund. Alfred was the son of Petter Aleksander Olsen b 1844 in Leksvik and Ingeborg Olausdatter Kaldal. The parents of Ingeborg bought Falstad øvre in 1866 - they were from Mosvik. Petter Aleksander Olsen and Ingeborg took over Falstad Ø in 1887.Alfred is not mentioned as 'mooved to America', but his brother Ole went 'over there', so did his brother Johan for some time (married first time in America but came back) and their brother Ingemar b 1881 went too.I do not think that this family is related to the other family, but they were neighbours.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here's Ellef's bio, http://snipurl.com/cfge, I hope that worked.Arstein, what does the bygdebok say about the rest of the family? Unfortunately, Bernt wouldn't have shown up in the 1865 census if he was born in 1866 and if he did emigrate in 1891-2 he wouldn't be on the 1900 either. I'll keep looking for him on the emigrant listings and hopefully I can find him. Will call Ellis Island and see if they can get the correct manifest to come up.Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I just went unto EllisIsland.org and see an Ellen and Bernt as coming in June 20, 1892. I bet this Ellen is actually Ellef, even though the person is listed as being female. Could someone check the bygdebok and see if there is and Ellen Falstad? Thank you, Nancy First Name: Ellen Last Name: Falstad Ethnicity: Norway Last Place of Residence: Chrishana Date of Arrival: June 20, 1892 Age at Arrival: 26y Gender: F Marital Status: Ship of Travel: Alaska Port of Departure: Liverpool Manifest Line Number: 0309 First Name: Bernt G. Last Name: Falstad Ethnicity: Norway Last Place of Residence: Chrishana Date of Arrival: June 20, 1892 Age at Arrival: 25y Gender: M Marital Status: Ship of Travel: Alaska Port of Departure: Liverpool Manifest Line Number: 0258

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe 69419 and 69420 leaving Trondheim June 1, 1892 under Ellef and Ingvald Folstad Could this be the two brothers? The age of Ingvald could have been read wrong a 1 instead of a 7, which would be correct, age for Ellef would be correct. Now, I wonder if Bernt's middle name was Ingvald?What does Fripas under travel permissions translate to? Nancy
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Bygdebok: Sigridanna Børresdatter b 1835 was the daughter of Børre Andersen b 1805 in Ulvilla, Verdal and Ragnhild-Anna Hansdatter b 1809 in Ulvilla in Verdal. Børre was working Vestrum mill at Høtta in Ekne. Børre died 29/6 1874 and Ragnhild-Anna 9/2 1874. They had several children, and one of Sigridanna's brothers was Petter Olaus Børressøn Hamstad, who was the owner of the farm Hamstad in Mosvik, married 1. Oline Nilsdatter Bergan, Mosvik, 2. time to Anna Kristiansdatter Skogsmyr. 3 children in 1. marr, 9 children in 2. marriage, one of them was Petra Alette b 1885.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Børge (Børre) Andersen was born 17/01 1806 in Ulvilden Grunden Ø, vald (Verdal), christn 26/01 1806 in Wukhaug church (Vuku). Confirm 21.09.1823, married 12.11.1829. Parents: Anders Joensen who lived at Ulvilden (Ulvilla) Grunden Ø, vald and Sunne Ellefsdatter.Ragnil Anna b 22/10 1810, christn 04/11 1810 Wukhaug church, confirm 08/10 1826. Parents: Schoolmaster Hans Olsen Efskind and Brynild Ellefsdatter. They were living at the farm Dillan-Litlenget in Verdal.This is from the churchbook (digit).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.