Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#27943] Need help or information on Ebeneser (Ebenesar) Schytte, Boe, Vesteralen,

Gjest Eric E. Dennis
 Del

Gjest Eric E. Dennis

I am Eric E. Dennis, son of Eric Gearheart Schytte, grandson of Erik, G-Grandson of Hans Ellingsen,G-G-grandson of Willum E., G-G-G-grandson of Ebenesar Schytte who was born in Vagan, Lofoten in 1764 and died in Gimstad, Bo in 1812. (I think).I am looking for Ebensar's predecessors...I have tried going through the census's back to 1701 but can only find Ebenesar. Now that I have found my fathers family in the USA, they tell me that the Schytte line goes way back, and includes Erich Gerhard Schytte, a notable priest and Doctor in Northern Norway.Any help finding my way would be deeply appreciated.Eric

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan I. Borgos

Ebeneser Schytte must have died later than 1812. His only son, Willum Schytte, was born in 1815, and Ebeneser had a farm in Bø as late as 1820. The Bø bygdebok doesn't say which year Ebeneser died, but his wife (Elen Margrethe Grønbech) died in 1846. Their son, Willum, settled in Hamarøy.As you say, Erich Gerhard Schytte was a notable priest and doctor (in Bodø, Nordland county), but my sources don't mention a son called Ebeneser. Perhaps other people have better sources!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

...we share some ancestors - when you come to Anna Nielsdatter Friis, you should be aware that her parents are unsure [url="http://nermo.org/slekt/d0020/g0000096.html#I8641>http://nermo.org/slekt/d0020/g0000096.html#I8641Niels Bredal http://nermo.org/slekt/d0016/g0000073.html#I10621 was a monc before the reformation (black brothers). He wrote a book about how children shall behave. You will find a picture of the book at my site (I have the book )

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eric E. Dennis

Wow! Thanks for the great link. I think that I can now tie up the family all the way back to Jacob Schytte. Family lore here says there was a German origin, but it appears in everything here that it is Denmark originally then Norway.The book is very nice. I wish I could read Norwegian, it would make this search a lot easier.Thanks,Eric

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Børge Strandskog

Ebeneser Schytte was born 1764 in Presteid, Hamarøy, where his father Wilhelm Eriksen Schytte served as priest/vicar from 1743 to 1783 (when he died). Ebenesers mother was Maren Aagaard Bonsach, and both his grandfathers were priests – in Vega (Nordland county) and Trondenes (Troms county). Wilhelm Schytte and Maren Bonsach had eight children – 5 daugthers and 3 sons.Your GG grandfather, Willum Ebenezer Schytte, came to Hamarøy from Bø as a young boy in 1827/28 – to his uncle Fredrik Schytte, who lived at the farm Oppeid Willum was confirmed in 1830, married Johanna Dorthea Eliasdatter i 1834 and settled at the neighbouring farm Hjelseng a few years later. He and Johanna had 13 children(!), but many died young. Willum Schytte drowned in the “Presteid stream” 16.09.1885 as he was taking some sheep over to the other side of the stream.His son, your G grandfather, Hans Elling(sen) Schytte, emigrated with wife and 8 children in 1888. As far as I know, they settled in Seattle.Perhaps you Eric can give some (short) information about Hans and his family in USA? And maybe som family stories from Norway? The information will be used in a local history of Hamarøy. E-mail: nsalten@online.no.Børge

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eric Dennis

Thank you so much for all of this information...this debate page has been a treasure trove for me, thanks to several good people...and distant relatives to boot. Just terrific.I was bogged down by different sources of information, some having conflicting and incomplete data. These data you have given me have cleared up a lot for my tree.The American Schytte/Schutte story has some interesting turns in it. I'll be providing Borge the stories, although in their entirety would be quite long. I'll send it and Borge can edit it as needed for Hamaroy.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

The best place to start is perhaps 'Hamarøy bygdebok'.Try a new question asking for someone to look up in Hamarøy bygdebok (heading). Tell about your ancestors leaving for America (names), and ask for names of the nearest relatives mentioned in the book.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.