Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#28121] Looking for sons and daughters of Willum Ebenesersen Schytte and Johanna

Gjest Eric Dennis
 Del

Gjest Eric Dennis

Hans Schytte was my great grandfather, but Willum had 13 children, many of which died early. Are there any that survived besides Hans?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tove D.Johansen

On the 1865 census can be found Willum and Johanna Schytte with the following children: Evard (18), Fredrik (12), Willum (7), Elina (20), Maria (9) T.D.Johansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Sorry - thanks to Kjellaug.His brother Edvard had 2 daughters in 1875 - Anna b 1874 and Inga b 1875. In 1900 there is a lot more: Agnes b 1881, Eivind b 1879, Sofus b 1883, Lise b 1886, Signe b 1888, Kristine b 1891.His sister Elene or Elina was a widow in 1875 with these children: Edvard b 1868, Sofie 1871, Wilhelmine b 1873 and Hanna b 1875, all of them with the patronym Jakobsen (their father must have been one Jakob). I am sure some of them too can be found in the 1900 census.Here is a e-mail address to Hamarøy church office: tanja.knutsen@hamaroy-kirkekontor.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

...Edvard's daughter Anna (b 1874) was in 1900 married to Kristian Henriksen, living at the farm Fikke in Hamarøy. They had a daughter named Magda Kristiansen, born 1895 in Hamarøy...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Your Hans seems to have had another sister too, Emilie Willumsdatter Schytte, b 1836. She was a widow in 1900, living by his son at Naalnes farm in Hamarøy. His name (the son's) was Villum Enoksen Schytte, b 1869?. Villum then had 3 children, Jakob b 1894, Alfhild b 1896 and Magnhild b 10.04.1899.Emilie was living here in 1875 with her family (a lot of children): LenkeHans' brother Fredrik was living at this farm too in 1875 (must have been just married at that time - no children yet).I am sure that it is possible to find more relatives in Hamarøy - living persons too. It is a pity, no-one looked up in the 'bygdebok'. But just ask the church office - and provide them with the informations above.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

If you use the telephone directory http://www.gulesider.no/gsi/whiteSearchFront.do you will find a person with the middle name 'Schytte' and last name 'Opeide'. I think PERHAPS that this one may be one of your relatives - as your family were living at the farm 'Opeid'.Etternavn=last name, Fornavn=first name, Hvor=where (just use last name)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

I guess you have his ancestors? If not these must be his parents: LenkeIt's a copy from the church book so it should be quite reliable.Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

I do not know what happened, but my lincs does not work. I found him in 1875 (like Kjellaug), but I thought I had found him in 1900 too - but now I cannot find him in the 1900 census (thank God - he left for A in 1888).He was a black-smith and a farmer in 1875. 1 horse, 4 cows, 14 sheep and 1 pig - growing rye, barley and potatoes.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You have to click on one of the names to get to the 'bottom' of it, then you can set up the link. If you just link to the first list you get, it won't work as that one changes. But it seems that you've understood, since the last two worked-:)Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I found him in 1875, but he's not under the name Schytte or any variations of that in 1865 (all over Norway), there was a Hans Schytte 50 years old from Demark! So I thought of Villumsen or Willumsen and found one Hans born on Hamaröy, but he doesn't have the right age though:Hammerøy: LenkeThere was another one, but he was born on Kjerringöy.Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

No, that was not the right one. He's got other parents and so has the other one I found.Maybe he was not in Norway at the time? Kjellaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

There is something wrong here!The link worked. But it doesn't work now. He was in Tromsø in 1865 working by a black-smith there. I can't find him now! The name was not written 'Schytte', but something like that.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eric Dennis

Here is some data from Borge:Ebeneser Schytte was born 1764 in Presteid, Hamarøy, where his father Wilhelm Eriksen Schytte served as priest/vicar from 1743 to 1783 (when he died). Ebenesers mother was Maren Aagaard Bonsach, and both his grandfathers were priests – in Vega (Nordland county) and Trondenes (Troms county). Wilhelm Schytte and Maren Bonsach had eight children – 5 daugthers and 3 sons. Your GG grandfather, Willum Ebenezer Schytte, came to Hamarøy from Bø as a young boy in 1827/28 – to his uncle Fredrik Schytte, who lived at the farm Oppeid Willum was confirmed in 1830, married Johanna Dorthea Eliasdatter i 1834 and settled at the neighbouring farm Hjelseng a few years later. He and Johanna had 13 children(!), but many died young. Willum Schytte drowned in the “Presteid stream” 16.09.1885 as he was taking some sheep over to the other side of the stream.His son, your G grandfather, Hans Elling(sen) Schytte, emigrated with wife and 8 children in 1888. As far as I know, they settled in Seattle.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eric Dennis

Kjellaug, this entry: Kjellaug Robberstad Petit, Angers, 18.02.2005 16:28 (21) Shows a Hans Willumsen, which could be him but the age is way off assuming Hans fodt: 1845.I really appreciate the input everyone is making, I have had a difficult time being sure of my data. I think I wrote Tanja at the Hamaroy church, but she could not help me if I recall correctly. I will try again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.