Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#29077] Agnes Jensen, born March 11, 1859

Gjest Dayna Shepherd
 Del

Gjest Dayna Shepherd

I know my great-grandmother's birthday, but I cannot seem to find her on VRI or any site so that I can find her family. She was born in Norway on March 11, 1859. She married Hans Olsen in 1882in Oslo I think. Can anyone help me find her parents and siblings? Thank you very much.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

Hello Dayna...i were looking at the cencus for 1875 i Norway and found one girl born in 1859 in Christiania but.... have you ever heard your great-grandmothers name as Agnes Dorretea Jensen??? 69796 6 1 Carl Andreas Jensen man housefather married Bryggearbeider born 1834 Kristiania 69797 7 Anne Marie Jensen women wife married born 1839 KristianiaChildren 69798 8 Agnes Dorretea Jensen female daughter unmarried living with here parents born 1859 Kristiania b69799 9 Olaves Antonius Jensen male son unmarried living with his parents born 1861 Kristiania69800 10 Emelie Jensen female daughter born 1864 Kristiania69801 11 Karoline Amalie Jensen female daughetr born 1864 Kristiania69802 12 Anna Jensine Jensen female daughter born 1869 Kristiania69803 13 Ida Karoline Jensen female daughter born 1874 KristianiaI am giving you this information from the norwegian census. This can be the correkt familyfrom Arild

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dayna Shepherd

Thank you for your help. I'm trying to find the right Agnes, but I don't know who that is. All the information I have on her is that she was born on March 11, 1859. I have now ruled out Agnes Dorretea Jensen because somebody found that her birthdate was different. My great-grandmother Agnes Jensen married my great-grandfather Hans Olsen in about 1882, and then immigrated to the U.S. in 1883. That's all I know. I'd really like to find the Agnes Jensen that matches the birthday of March 11, 1859. Thank you for your kind help. I do appreciate it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I belive one Agnes Ovidia was bapt. Jun. 13. 1859 Grønland menighet, parents Johan Jensen Oline Christiansdt.Maybe here in 1865 Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dayna Shepherd

If that was her, would her last name at some point have been 'Jensen' since her father's last name was Jensen? I'm not sure I fully understand how the names work. I just know she told her children her maiden name was Jensen. I would be so happy if this is her!! Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dayna Shepherd

Wow!!! Thank you to everyone for your fast help!! I never would have found this on my own. I don't understand the naming system as well as I thought! Yeah! Thank you again. Dayna

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

Congratulations... DaynaI am trying to find this Agnes Ovidia in the ft1865, but i can't find her???arild

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

well.. i found one in Oestre Aker with mane Agnes, but not with Ovidia. BUT the parents name are Johan and Oline. Olines aftername is not known??? Lenkeregards Arild

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

just one more thing ....If this is the correct Agnes i found in Ft1865 above, here aftername was Johansdatter.arild

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marie Stephensen

I find in Grønland 10 februar 1884 Hans Andreas Olsen and Agnes Ovidia Jensen baptist a daughter with name Hulda Jenny Olufine. Found this in FS. This is just a suggestion.Marie Stephensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dayna Shepherd

Wow. Now that is interesting. That helps prove the marriage to the 'Hans Andreas Olsen' I thought was correct. And it adds an interesting twist in the names of children born. Thank you!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dayna Shepherd

I forgot to ask, what is FS? And would 'Olfine' be a second middle name or a last name different for some reason?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.