Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#29085] MARRIAGE OF HANS OLSEN AND AGNES JENSEN

Gjest Dayna Shepherd
 Del

Gjest Dayna Shepherd

Hans Olsen, born January 31, 1859 (per death certificate) married Agnes Jensen, born March 11, 1859 in Enerhougen(per death certificate and webdebatt married I believe in 1882. Agnes' obituary says she immigrated in 1883 to Illinois, USA. 1900 Census in Michigan USA says they had been married for 18 years, making 1882 about right. A grand daughter to them believes they married in Oslo. But, two living relatives think his name might have been Johan. (In the United States, he was always called 'Hans', even on his death certificate' His death certificate says his father's name was Ole Olsen and his mother's name was Anne Olsen. One remembers the middle name 'Andrew'. Birthday and name Hans Andreas Olesen on VRI is accurate in my mind based on what I have. But, possible a Johan born on January 31, 1859 married Agnes Ovidia Jensen???? I cannot find their marriage. I believe I have found his immigration record to be in October of 1883 to Hull and then to the United States. I'd like to find their marriage. And I guess I'd like to verify that I have the right Hans from VRI. If his name is other than Hans, I don't know. Thank you very much for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dayna Shepherd

Someone just found for me that a Hans Andreas Olsen and Agnes Ovidia Jensen baptised a daughter in Gronland on 10 February 1884 named Hulda Jenny Olufine. That helps me show that Hans Andreas is the right name that married my great-grandmother. Maybe that will help find a marriage date?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

Jeg har hjulpet Dayna Shepherd en del i jakten på hennes norske røtter. Som dere forstår er Dayna ukjent med hvordan saker og ting fungerer her i Digitalarkivets brukerforum. For tiden har hun ikke mindre enn 3-4 debatter gående.Her: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebDebatt.exe?slag=listinnlegg&debatt=brukar&temanr=28325&sok=dayna&startnr=&antall=&spraak=>LenkeHer: LenkeHer: LenkeAlle debattene omhandler det samme. Nemlig jakten på opphavet til hennes aner Hans Andreas Olsen og Agnes Ovidia Johansdatter. Mange har vært hjelpsomme. Det er flott! Jeg foreslår at all debatt fortsetter i denne debatten! Translation of the text above: I have helped Dayna Shepherd earlier in her search for her Norwegian roots. As you might understand Dayna Shepherd is unfamiliar with our customs here in Digitalarkivet. These days she has no less than 3-4 queries.Here: LenkeHere: LenkeHere:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

Sorry - forgot the most important link: LenkeStill think it is a good idea to continue in this debate...Are anyone able to find a marriage in Oslo approx 1882-1884 ?Groom: Hans Andreas Olsen andBride: Agnes Ovidia Johansdatter

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

YESS !!!!Arrival at Castle Garden, New York, on the ship 'Geiser' 30 June 1884: Agnes Olsen - 22 yrs - wife - NorwayHulda Olsen - 4/12 yrs - child - NorwayThey will both join family in USA.Port of Departure: Christiania, Norway and Christiansand, Norway and Copenhagen, DenmarkShip Name: Geiser http://www.norwayheritage.com/p_ship.asp?sh=geisePort of Arrival: New YorkLine: 39Microfilm Roll: 478List Number: 796

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dayna Shepherd

I am so amazed by all of your help. I wish I knew how all of you people found things so fast!You have found things over days of my (confusing) posts on wedebatt in what took me years of looking and NEVER found. I probably would never have found these things without your help. And you even found a ships list. I don't know how you do this.One person found Agnes and Hans on FS site with a baptism and I can't even get that to come up on the FS site!Thank you, all you kind fellow researchers from dropping me due to my confusion!! I so appreciate it. Thank you so much.The finding of the child 'Hulda' also names one of 2 of their children for which I had no names for yet. All I knew was that 2 of their children died before 1900 because they had drowned, but nobody knew their names. Hulda was one of them apparently.Thank you! I was so excited, I called all my relatives to tell them what you have found. The last thing I really need is that marriage date between Hans Andreas Olsen and Agnes Jensen!!!Sincerely, Dayna

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

Dayna - A contact of mine, just send me this in an e-mail:'Hulda Jenny Olufine' was the daughter of the married couple 'Sailor Hans Andreas Olsen and wife Agnes Ovidia Jensen'. Address: Enerhaugsgaten 15, Kristiana (Oslo). Both parents are said to be born 1859 (these years are not always reliable). Hulda Jenny Olufine was baptised in Grønland church, Kristiana (Oslo), 10.feb 1884, she was born 1.Nov.1883. (Source: Grønland Mini 7 f.209 no.25).A quick look at marriages in Grønland church from 20. March 1881 to 10. Feb 1884 gave no results. I just looked through quickly, but this is usually good enough.A census in Krisitania (Oslo) 31st Dec 1883 shows that Agnes lives in Enerhaugsgaten 15, together with her parents. Agnes is listed as married and is called Agnes Olsen.'-----This means that the marriage for Hans Andreas Olsen and Agnes Ovidia Jensen remains to be found.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dayna Shepherd

This information is all helpful to me. Thank you. The 1900 U.S. Census, says that Agnes and Hans married in about 1882. Might it have been in Hole where he was from?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

DaynaA friend of mine checked 'vor Frelsers kirke', 'Oslo', 'Gamle Aker' and 'Grønland kirke' - Did not find their marriage.There sure are many churches in Oslo at the time, so there still is a possibility that they did marry in another church in Oslo.BUT - (just as you said) - There would be a great idea to check in Hole, Buskerud where the groom came from. Maybe they married there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tormod Thoresen

Hei Jon.Takk for meldingen. Jeg har ikke tilgang på noen av de kirkebøkene, men kjenner biblioteket i Drammen rimelig godt. Kan muligens se etter det der i morgen eller på onsdag.Når og hvem giftet seg hvor??mvhTormod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

Hei ThormodHans Andreas Olsen og Agnes Ovidia Jensen (Johansdatter) giftet seg muligens i Hole eller Norderhov i perioden 1881 - 10. feb 1884. KJEMPEFLOTT om du har sjansen til å sjekke dette! Takk og takk!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tormod Thoresen

Hei.Jeg rekker nok ikke dette , da jeg holder på å hjelpe en dame fra Amerika med å finne noen opplysniger i kirkeboken til Modum.Hønefoss hadde også en egen kirke og dens ruller bør vel også sjekkes. Kirken ble bygget i 1850.mvh Tormod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

I dont think they marride in Hole / since Hans family had moved to Oslo.There are several more churches to check out - I would start with Ostre Aker, dont look like any checked that church out. Both Agnes and Hans lived in that area in 1865 (if I remember right)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

I dont think they married in Hole / since Hans family had moved to Oslo.There are several more churches to check out - I would start with Ostre Aker, dont look like any checked that church out. Both Agnes and Hans lived in that area in 1865 (if I remember right)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dayna Shepherd

I show that Agnes Ovidia Jensen was born in Enerhougen. I don't know where that is, but could that be where her marriage records could be found? I appreciate your help. Thank you. Dayna

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.