Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#29264] Hans Halvorsen Hoel - Eidsvoll, Akershus

Gjest Robert Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert Evensen

I'm having trouble understanding a census record. I find Hans Halvorsen with his mother and brothers in the 1865 census under Hoel øvre. I then find them in the 1875 census under Hoel (Dalsløkken). And finally I find Hans Hoelseiet in the 1900 census married to his cousin, Olava Karlsdatter Stubberud. I do not understand why his name is Hans Eriksen Hoelseiet. His father was Halvor Olsen and mother Johanne Maria Johansdatter. Can someone help me understand this Eidsvoll family genealogy? Where does the name Eriksen come from? Why does it change from Halvorsen to Eriksen???Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

In 1865 Hans Halvorsen’s mother is a widow, living on Hoel øvre in Eidsvoll [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f60237&gardpostnr=1150&personpostnr=6395&merk=6395#ovre>Lenke. Hans is 13 years old, born about 1852. And here both Hans and his cousin Olava is mentioned in the 1875 census on Hoel (Dalsløkken) Lenke. Olava is born in Hurdal, and as far I can see, so is Hans Halvorsen’s mother. And, as you already has mentioned, Hans has the patronymic Eriksen in 1900 Lenke. I’ve double chequed with the same census in the database of Registreringssentralen for historiske data (RHD), and there I’ve found that he is called Hans Hoelseie, and there is no patronymic Eriksen at all Lenke.In the church records for Eidsvoll in the Digital Archives I’ve found one Hans Halvorsen Holseie having an illigitimate daughter in 1877 called Johanne Marie. The mother is Caroline Martine Andreasdatter Lenke I don’t know if this is “your” Hans Halvorsen...In 1900 Karoline Andreasdatter is married and is living on Dalslykkja (Hoel) – the same as Dalsløkken, and this might be Johanne Halvorsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Hei Grethe, I was very sure that Hans Halvorsen in 1865 and 1875 was the same person as Hans Hoelseiet in 1900. I am no longer sure about this. When I looked at their occupations, I find one was a 'skomager' and the other 'tungarbeider.' Olava Karlsdatter was a first cousin to Hans Halvorsen and I'm not sure that she would have married him. In 1882 Hans Halvorsen travels to Rushford, Minnesota and his brother, Martin follows in 1883. I believed that both brothers stayed in America. Olava Karlsdatter must have married another man named Hans from the farm Hoel in Eidsvoll. His name must be Eriksen not Halvorsen. I've searched for a Hans Eriksen in Hoel, but I can't find one.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Hei Grethe,I bet you are correct! Helene Olava Karlsdatter does not marry her cousin Hans Halvorsen Hoel, but another Hans [Eriksen] Hoel. I wonder if he can be found in 1875 with his occupation?Mvh, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

But now it looks like he is older. Two years have been added. Can he still be Hans Hoelseiet born 1853 in Eidsvoll? Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Have you seen this LenkeIt looks like Marthin returned home, or maybe he never left Norway. The one who emigrated in 1883 was called Martin G. Hoel.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Hei Berit, You may be right! I'm a little confused. I thought I had all the right records, but now you have found other potential ones. The two confirmation records are correct. The 1865 and 1875 census records are correct. Perhaps Hans and Martin didn't come to America. Martin Halvorsen and Martin Gundersen both were born in Langset S Eidsvoll. I've been reading the Feirings historie, but I can't establish who is who. I will look in American records to see if I can find a Martin Gundersen rather than Martin Halvorsen. That may solve my problem.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.