Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#30923] Josef Stjerna Family

Gjest Ruth Stierna
 Del

Gjest Ruth Stierna

Odd Villy: Many thanks for your help finding records from Lyngen, Troms for Johan Erik Eriksen (Sillanpää)the uncle of Johan Gustaf Stjerna. I think it is possible that Johan was born in this uncle's household and that his family stayed with them before emigrating to USA.I have seen a 1920's church book entry for Johan Gustaf Stjerna (name spelled John Gustaf Stierna by then) at St.John's Lutheran Church near Detroit, Michigan, USA. The record says that John was born in Tromso, Norway, but does not list his baptismal date or where he was baptized. So at present I do not know if he was baptized in Norway or in USA.During childhood his church was a Laestadian Lutheran Church in Runeberg, Minnesota. This church still stands, but it is more than 1000 miles from where I live. I hope to learn if church books still exist for this church that list baptismal dates for Johan Abram Stjerna family members, including Johan Gustaf.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.