Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#31088] Ole Aslaksen, Krargero, Holmstead?

Gjest Carl Ellis
 Del

Gjest Carl Ellis

I and my cousins have been hunting for our grandfather Ole Aslaksen for 4 year, We thought that we had found him in gjerpen. But we got shot down there We know his birth date Dec 31 1831 We know that he is from a small town near christina(Oslo)One of his daughter said that he was from Holmstead Norway. We understand there is no such town. Parish mabe? or farm?. A great grandaughter Said Kragero.It is said that he was a ship builder but he immagrated to Chicago Illinois,in 1862 and made his living as a farmer. It is also said that his father was a maker of spinning wheels and that he was still working at 102 years old. He had 10 children in the USA none of which seem to be named after any of his wife side of the family. The were in order of birth Anderus O. Marie K, Thomas E, Mayon K,Oyilde J, Anna M. J. Oskar R, Maloksas, Salif E. It is possible that he came over on the same boat with his future wife. She was Sophie Olavusd and came over with her older sister Jakobina Olavusd who was married to Mickel Hansen who was from Gjerpen Sophie and Jakobina lived in Gjerpen but were born in Sweden. I have a full subscrition to ancestry. com So if any one can help me and needs some help over here. I will glady reciprocate.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

Here is Ole in the 1880 census for Minnesota:[url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/census/household_record.asp?HOUSEHOLD_CODE=1880US_8142848&HOUSEHOLD_SUB=1&frompage=5>LenkeThe head of the next household is Halvor Aslackson, maybe a brother?LenkeI found two brothers born approx. according to the ages listed in the 1880-census, in Sannidal in Telemark:Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

I forgot the link to the 1865 census:[url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f60816&gardpostnr=98&personpostnr=600&merk=600#ovre>LenkeAslak was born in Drangedal parish, adjacent to Sannidal. This is probably his birth record:LenkeAnd in the 1801-census (bottom row):LenkeHolmstead could be the town Holmestrand in Vestfold, 50 miles SW of Oslo. But it could just as well be the farm Homlestad in Sannidal. In 1801, an Ole Aslachsen, age 46, lived at Homlestad:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.