Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#31290] Bye family in Drammen?

Gjest Karl Bye
 Del

Gjest Karl Bye

Of the 11 children of Carl Olavus Bye, musician, I have located the birth place for 8 of them. Three were born in Christiania, four were born in Arendal, and my father was born in Kragerø. I have just learned that my aunt Hilda S. Bye b. 29 Jan 1871, was born in Drammen. Hilda had a sister Jennie G. Bye, born in 1873 and a brother Olaf Bye born on 29 Apr 1875. Since the birth dates are relatively close to that of Hilda's, I wonder if possibly Jennie and Olaf might also have been born in Drammen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Karl Bye

A cousin just returned from a visit to Salt Lake City and did some research on my behalf while there. It seems that Jennie Susanne Bye was baptised on 3 Feb 1873 in Bragernes prestegjeld (Buskurud), and Olaf Bye was baptised on 20 Jun 1875 in Bragernes prestegjeld (Buskurud). This raises two questions in my mind; is the Bragernes parish in Drammen or a part of Drammen or is it a separate community altogether? The second question relates to birth records; since only the birth date is given on the baptismal record, and no birth city is given, can I assume that they were both born in Bragernes prestegjeld?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Oddbjørn Johannessen

Drammen consists of two parts: Bragernes and Strømsø/Tangen, divided by the Drammen River. The two parts are also two different parishes. When your relatives were baptized in Bragernes, you can probably assume that they also were born in Bragernes - that's to say on the north side of the river (where the town center is situated).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Karl Bye

Then, for my genealogy file, the correct notation for the location of their birth would be: Bragernes presegjeld, Drammen, Buskurud, Norway. Is that correct?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.