Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#31320] Jens Olsen Fidsel. Foreldrene?

Gjest Eivind Bjørn Jensen
 Del

Jens Olsen Fidsel (ca. 1710 - 1783), married (1734) to Ingrid Bjørnsdatter Kleppe: Can anyone help with information about his genealogy? I understand that there is no bygdebok for Hitterø (Hidra). Thank you for any assistance.MvhEivind

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Family Search IGI tells that Jens Olsen and Ingrid Bjørnsdatter were married on October 10th 1734. In the 1801 census for Sokndal (Soggendahl), Rogaland fylke, I’ve found the farm name “Fitzel” in Lister amt, Hitterøe sogn. Living on “Fitzel” in 1801 I’ve found the farmer Bernt Jensen, 57 years old (born about 1744), [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f11111.wc2&gardpostnr=35&personpostnr=864&merk=864#ovre>Lenke. This Bernt could be identical to this Berent Jensen Lenke.Here is some information that might be of interest to you

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan H. Trelsgård

Jens Olsen’s father was Ole Torjussen Fidsel, b. about 1671 at Dåtland near Fidsel, mentioned 47 years old in 1718. He was buried march 14, 1734 according to the church book of Hidra and it is mentioned that he died 60 years old, i.e. born 1674. I have not found Ole’s will (or diversion of estate) and therefore the name of his wife and Jens’s mother remains unknown to me. It is however possible that her name was Ingeborg Jensdatter (and that she was a daughter of Karen Vodjusdatter and Jens Hansen Fidsel). The reason for my assumption is that Ole needed a reason to settle at Fidsel, he also called his son Jens, and Jens Olsen’s eldest daughter was called Ingeborg.Ole Torjussen’s father was Torjus Olsen Dåtland, b. about 1627, mentioned 37 years old 1664. He left a will january 28, 1700. He was married twice, but the name of Ole’s mother is yet unknown.Regarding Torjus Olsen Dåtland, he is mentioned as brother of Ingvard Olsen Dåstøl (b. about 1621, d. 1681), of Hidra sogn/parish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for interesting and useful information. I think Jan Trelsgård’s assumption about the wife of Ole Torjussen Fidsel may be a good one, especially since another of Jens Olsen’s daughters was named Karen (my ancestor), which would be the name of Jens Olsen’s grandmother.However, can we reconcile this with the reference provided by Grethe Flood --http://www.angelfire.com/art/jlong/newpage1.htm – (Jens Olsen Fidsel is shown as number 10)? In this genealogy, information from Flekkefjord Historieslag provided by Signe Elisabeth Zijdemans, Ingeborg Jensdatter is not the eldest daughter of Jens Olsen, and there are two girls born before her with the names Berte and Guri.Could it be that Jens Olsen Fidsel was married more than once?Eivind

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan H. Trelsgård

I must admit I did not check the provided link. I can confirm that Jens Olsen and Ingeborg Bjørnsdatter married 1734 (16. trin. - october 10th). Their eldest child is not listed in the information provided by Flekkefjord Historielag/Signe Zijdemans. The child (Ingeborg) was bapt. july 17. 1735. This can also be found using Familysearch - LenkeRegarding the 'assumed' Ingeborg Jensdatter I can confirm that Jens Hansen Fidsel and Karen Vodjusdatter had a daugther with that name. In Jens Hansen Fidsel's will october 25th 1694 he had the following children: Hans Jensen, Jon Jensen, Ingeborg Jensdatter and Åse Jensdatter. Except from Hans they were all mentioned as 'minors' i.e. below 25 years old and unmarried.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 måneder senere...
Gjest Richard Peterson

I have an Ancestry report for Jens Olsen Fidsel which starts with his son Johannes to show both sides of the family. It goes back 18 generations with 91 direct ancestors and 229 people in all, including siblings etc. It goes back to the 1200's on one line. This is a free report, as I am a hobbyist only. If you would like to receive the report please contact me at rlockmanpete@sbcglobal.netRichard Peterson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.