Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#31399] Grimstad in Lier?

Gjest Christian Gulliksen
 Del

Would there be a place called 'Grimstad' in the Lier area? The time would be around 1916. Thank you so much, Mary Ellen Peterson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ragnhild B. Øgaard

Hello! Are you sure the right name is 'Grimstad',- not 'Grimsrud'? Hans Hansen Grimsrud, born 1810, vas married to the daughter Maren Sørine at the farm 'Søndre Sørum', 'bruk 3', 'gnr. 11'. You kan read about it in this Lenke,- if you understand to reed it in Norwegian. Since then the Grimsrud name has followed the family at'Søndre Sørum'.Ragnhild B. Øgaard

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ragnhild B. Øgaard

Mary Ellen! I have to correct myself: Hans Hansen Grimsrud was not born in 1810, and the Grimsrud name was not connected to the farm until Maren Sørine and Hans's son Kristian Grimsrud became the owner in 1919, after his uncle Peder Christoffersen Sørum. By the way, Kristian was working at the farm in 1900, due to the census this year. Kristian's son, Per Grimsrud, born in 1916, was the next farmer at Søndre Sørum.I have not been able to find this 'Christian Gulliksen Sørumeie' yet. He probably was a 'husmann' at this farm or at any of the other Sørum farms. Do you have more to tell about the year 1916? Whitch connection has it to this person?Ragnhild.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I am looking to find out if my grandmother, Annette Christiansdt.b. 1873 in Sørumeie had a brother named Anton. I have found the following children for her parents on Sørum in 1865 census. Christian Gulliksen Høvikstrand c. b. 1836 died 26.Feb.1893 gm Gunhild Maria Andersdtr Reistad c. b. 1832 died 18.Sep.1905 THIER CHILDREN: Andreas Christiansen Sørumeie 9.Apr.1860 23.Sep.1860 Anne Mathilde Christiansdtr Sørumeie February 1961 Carl Christiansen 3.Aug.1865 29.Oct.1865 Anders Christiansen Sørumeie 13.Jul.1867 10.Nov.1867 Kristine Christiansdtr Sørumeie 1.Dec.1870 26.Dec.1870 Annette Christiansdtr Sørumeie 10.Oct.1873 17.May 1874 (my grandmother) I have a letter from Norway naming Anton as another brother and there is the story that was told that her brother, Anton, came to America to visit around 1910-1920 and that he was never heard from when he returned to Norway and that hia ship maybe sank. I have written for the 1875 census from Lier, so maybe that will shed some light on this mystery. The name Grimstad was from the ship record of an Anton Markussen who I thought may have been the foster child of Gullik Andersen (father of Christian Gulliksen)in the 1865 census, but the birth dates are way off. Thank you for any help, Mary Ellen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Anton Markussen was most likely your grandmother's half-brother. You'll find a record of Anthon's christening in Familysearch/IGI. He was christened June 24 1855. His parents were Marcus Hansen and Gunhild Marie Andersdatter(!!) This MUST be the same Gunhild Marie Andersdatter who was married to Christian Gulliksen on Sept 9 1860. The connection to this family is verified by the fact that Anthon Marcussen is living as a fosterson with Christian Gulliksen's parents at Sørumeie in 1865.Mvh Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

And here is Anton Markussen in 1900; at the time he's a widower with one daughter, Martha, born 1886.[url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebCens.exe?slag=hentglobal®ister=etternavn&pgj=130&teljing=ft1900&filnamn=f00626.wc2&amt=6&funnenr=433>LenkeAnton Markussen was married to Brynhild Tollefsdatter on Aug 6, 1879, most likely in Frogner church.This seems to be the only candidate for the future wife:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Sorry! Apparently my links don't work! Åse Kristiansen made the link to the 1900 census work.My other link was pointing to the Juvekos farm in Nore parish, Buskerud. The daughter, Brynhild Tollevsdatter, born 1853, seems to be the only candidate to fit in.Mvh Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Awesome!!!!! So my grandmother was married twice. I just didn't think about that. Thank you so much. Now I have to try to find out if Anton Markussen came to America. I have pictures of a woman named Martha, so that would be his daughter. You psople over there are so helpful. Many thanks. Mary Ellen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.