Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#31491] Death Certificate for Sigurd Normann, b 1831 Iceland

Gjest Lynn Kent
 Del

Gjest Lynn Kent

I would like to know when Sigurd died and where I could get a copy of his death certificate and marriage certificate. It would also be wonderful to find out information about his descendants. He was my GG grandfather and known as Sigurdur Josefsson in Iceland. Before moving to Norway he was found in the Iceland census working as a shoemaker.The following information was obtained by Taryn on the Norway forum of genealogy.com.Thanks for your time and help, Lynn Census year: 1865 Municipality: Aker Municipality number: 0218 Name of domicile: Hans Tharaldsens Huus Number of persons in this domicile: 9. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name Family status Marital status Occupation Birth year Birth place Ethnicity Hans Taraldsen Huusfader g Huuseier, Ølkjører 1831 Trøgstad Sophie Olsdatter hans Kone g 1835 Trøgstad Thea Hansd.* deres Datt. ug 1857 Trøgstad Julius Hans.* deres Søn ug 1859 Trøgstad Hans Sophus Hans.* deres Søn ug 1861 Trøgstad Anne Helene Hansd.* deres Datt. ug 1863 Aker Sigurd Normann Huusfader g Skomagersvend 1832 Island Henriethe Normann hans Kone g 1832 Bergen Mathilde Dorthea Normann* deres Datt. ug 1863 ModumThe last three people on this list - Sigurd Normann, born 1832 in Island - on these records, that is a very close birth year, and possible. Normann means literally, North Man. (an alias? I'm so suspicious ;)HEre's the census search page [url="http://draug.rhd.isv.uit.no/folketellinger_engelsk_britisk.html>LenkeThat Sigurd is a shoemaker.Here he is again I think on the 1900 census. It says he is born in 1831 in Island, and living in Oslo at Frydenlunds Gade (street) # 6. He is a widower and seems to also be a gårdeier (farm owner) He is living in quite a large apartment house. I wonder where the farm is? Perhaps his daughter is living there? Or some other descendant?LenkeCensus year: 1900 Municipality: Kristiania Municipality number: 0301 Street: Frydenlunds Gade 6 Number of persons in this domicile: 5. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name Family status Marital status Occupation Birth year Birth place Ethnicity Sigurd Normann e Gårdeier 1831 Island Frants Holst hf g Ingeniør og disponent for 'Den norske ætherfabrik' 1867 Stavanger Ingegerd Holst hm g 1866 Kristiania Frida Holst d 04.08.1900 Kristiania Anna Heier tj ug 1883 Rakkestad Another 1900 census page - same info, different format showing all the apartment dwellers.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bodil Brøgger

Dear Lynn. 'gårdeier' probably means that he owned the 'leiegård' in Frydenlunds gate (street) no 6. Not that he owned a farm another place. My grandfather bought a leiegård in the neighbourhood, Henrichsens gate 3, around 1906, and my father and all his siblings, and later I grew up there. So I know Frydenlunds gate quite well. As far as I remember, all the houses there were four stories with two appartments in each floor. The houses were built before the great 1899 crash in the Oslo property market, in a style inspired by the buildings in Berlin.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...
Gjest Lynn Kent

Thank you for your informative description of the homes in the neighborhood. It is not often that I get a real picture of a part of an ancestor's life.Would you know who I could contact to find out the date of my ggg grandfather's (Sigurd Normann) death and where I could get a copy of his death certificate?Thanks again, Lynn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.